Shot Darts

Darts repointer question?
Hi guys,

Just received my first darts repointer today from DC and was wondering if when you screw the main thread up and down if it's meant to be very notchy with each turn?

Also does the block in the centre supposed to have play in it?

Just want to make sure it's ok before I destroy any of my darts?

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
I bet it's similar to the repointer I have from MadHoose. I washed the threads out with soapy water and a scrubbing brush and then dried it off in the oven at 100*C. Then I let it cool down and applied some white grease to the threads and its been good as gold since.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So was yours feeling the same as well when you first got it?
It shouldnt be notchy but there is a little play in the centre section. Be sure to put a little oil on the centre thread when ever you use it.
Shame you missed the £24.99 special offer price before Christmas though
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I did buy it at £28ish as I had it saved in my wish list but more concerned they've given me a duff one for it! Also there was no product sticker on the bag like Titan recently had on his from DC, may fire off an email to them about it
(01-27-2017, 08:57 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: So was yours feeling the same as well when you first got it?

Yeah, mine was really gritty feeling that it was locking up in a certain spot. Cleaning it did the trick for me. Oh, and the centre piece (block) feeling loose... that's fine,mine is too and it needs a certain amount of play to slide freely.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Sometimes mine is notchy but it usually fixes itself after a few turns. Probably should put some grease/oil on it.
Will give it a clean tomorrow then and I've already bought some EP2 grease so will see if that helps, if not it's going back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wheres the cheapest place to get a re-pointer at the mo? Most seem to be for around the £36 mark?
Got mine from Darts Corner before Christmas when they were having a 'special' on. Mine also has some play in it, but works fine.
(01-28-2017, 12:56 AM)dog Wrote: Got mine from Darts Corner before Christmas when they were having a 'special' on. Mine also has some play in it, but works fine.

Was yours gritty at all?
Hi,
No, I wouldn't say gritty. I've seen no reason to oil or grease it. I've only changed 2 x sets of points with it so far, it works really well and have found no problem with it, neither do I see one in the future. It is built well and should last a life time.
Hi dog,

Thanks for the confirmation Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Designa Repointer is the better? ferni 4 351 12-29-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: thet
  DC repointer dannyd180 2 347 04-16-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: dannyd180
  Designa repointer on offer today vanJupp 9 19,713 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Last Post: vanJupp