Harrows Darts.

ROSIN BAG FOR GRIP
Has anyone used a Rosin bag for grip.?

my hands sweat a lot I prefer dry hands, iv just come across this, iv tried wax before but that just makes it worse.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ya I use one, Ive got the creepy sweaty palms/fingers going too

Wax is good for dry /cold hands and rosin or chalk dust for sweaty hands.
I use rosin when my hands are cold. I find chalk a bit slippery still.
Love the stuff, dries out sweaty hands and also draws moisture from the pours of dry hands, works both ways to give a nice grip - 10/10 from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-27-2017, 07:18 PM)REBEL Wrote: Love the stuff, dries out sweaty hands and also draws moisture from the pours of dry hands, works both ways to give a nice grip - 10/10 from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Completely mirrors my experience.  Tried wax and never quite got on with it but rosin is great.
what do you use for smooth hands? i work in a kitchen so im constantly washing my hands, wax does nothing for me at all ( except makes a mess of my darts ). I use the carrera c13 pixel grips but even with that amount of grip on the dart i some times find that with smooth fingers the dart starts slipping
(01-28-2017, 12:41 PM)Fento Wrote: what do you use for smooth hands? i work in a kitchen so im constantly washing my hands, wax does nothing for me at all ( except makes a mess of my darts ). I use the carrera c13 pixel grips but even with that amount of grip on the dart i some times find that with smooth fingers the dart starts slipping

I have hand eczema so my fingertips are really smooth thanks to a combination of steroid creams and moisturizer.  I also throw the C13s and find the rosin really helps.  I'll pinch the bag before the match starts and then at about the halfway point (we play 7 sets 501, best of 3) and then usually sees me through to the end.

I don't like chalk because I find it "fills in" the pixels and then the dart has no grip at all.
I thought about this as well. When I asked in the only dartshop near by, he thought I'm crazy.... ?
So I'm happy this came up!
My conclusion was, it's a rosin and will stick to your hand, you will get it on your trousers and your darts...
So the only thing I would use is chalk or magnesium carbonate.
Its a powdered form of pine resin and has many uses outside of darts, just so happens it gives grip - the 'chalk' you see wightlifters use is rosin as far as I am aware, its also what stops chewing gum sticking to the wrapper (I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-29-2017, 06:44 AM)REBEL Wrote: Its a powdered form of pine resin and has many uses outside of darts, just so happens it gives grip - the 'chalk' you see wightlifters use is rosin as far as I am aware, its also what stops chewing gum sticking to the wrapper (I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

Sorry, but it seems this is not true! Rosin is forbidden in some regions, when climbing because it is sticky and will stay on the stones...
See here as well: https://www.experts123.com/q/can-i-use-t...chalk.html
(01-29-2017, 01:52 PM)stone Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 06:44 AM)REBEL Wrote: Its a powdered form of pine resin and has many uses outside of darts, just so happens it gives grip - the 'chalk' you see wightlifters use is rosin as far as I am aware, its also what stops chewing gum sticking to the wrapper (I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).

Sorry, but it seems this is not true! Rosin is forbidden in some regions, when climbing because it is sticky and will stay on the stones...
See here as well: https://www.experts123.com/q/can-i-use-t...chalk.html

Well, you live and learn  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As I was saying, the powder you see weight lifters use is totally different to darts rosin...... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. lol
Done a bit of reading (thanks to Wiki), knew I had heard it mentioned in the olympic, so it not the weightlifting category (although the can use it on the soles of their shoes) but its what the gymnasts use when on the rings and bars - so it basically is an aid for grip and many different sports and hobbies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosin
Yes it definitly is! Climbers used it as well.

I wouldn't use it, because when used often it will leave a residue, which is very hard to get rid of. This is why I use magnesium carbonate. :-)
I'm reading this wondering why if you have sweaty hands you couldn't just use a razor grip style dart?