Shot Darts

checkout 80
Whats peoples opinions on 80 checkout, I prefer T16 D16 which is what most checkout cards tell you to do, however T20 D10 is surely the safe way, not sure why most checkout cards go the 16s route ?
T20 d10 all day for me. Almost guarantees at least one dart at a double.

I think I'd go d20 d20 before I went the 16 route.
(01-27-2017, 12:16 PM)Paul Dilley Wrote: Whats peoples opinions on 80 checkout, I prefer T16 D16 which is what most checkout cards tell you to do, however T20 D10 is surely the safe way, not sure why most checkout cards go the 16s route ?

Yeah going for 20's is the safe option as you are more likely to leave a shot at a double if you don't hit a treble, whereas going 16's means a shot at bull at worst for the checkout.

Always the option of going tops-tops on 80 as well and gives you a more of a chance if you miss inside to still get the win compared to 16's route.
(01-27-2017, 12:23 PM)JDorks Wrote: T20 d10 all day for me. Almost guarantees at least one dart at a double.

I think I'd go d20 d20 before I went the 16 route.

It does seem the best route thats why im surprised with the official checkout card saying T16+D16, which like i said is my way but does not make sense
The 16 route is legitimate.... only cos people get fixated on leaving the D16 - mathematically the best Double on the board.

Though if you want to win more Legs when under pressure, with the intention to leave your self more potential Darts at the Double.... then go the 20 route.

Hit a Single 16, leaves you 64.... you either need an other Treble to leave you on a Double, or you have to hit Single 14 for a shot at the Bull.... All well and good when on yer own practicing....

Though when under pressure... 20 route all day long... Hit a single 20, you only need an other single 20 for a shot at Tops.... no pissing about with Bull to win the Leg.

Don't always listen to Check-out cards... some are of differing quality, and some times don't give you the best formula.
(01-27-2017, 12:25 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: The 16 route is legitimate.... only cos people get fixated on leaving the D16 - mathematically the best Double on the board.

Though if you want to win more Legs when under pressure, with the intention to leave your self more potential Darts at the Double.... then go the 20 route.

Hit a Single 16, leaves you 64.... you either need an other Treble to leave you on a Double, or you have to hit Single 14 for a shot at the Bull.... All well and good when on yer own practicing....

Though when under pressure... 20 route all day long... Hit a single 20, you only need an other single 20 for a shot at Tops.... no pissing about with Bull to win the Leg.

Don't always listen to Check-out cards... some are of differing quality, and some times don't give you the best formula.
(01-27-2017, 12:28 PM)Paul Dilley Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 12:25 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: The 16 route is legitimate.... only cos people get fixated on leaving the D16 - mathematically the best Double on the board.

Im assuming the only reason they say it is its a big area to hit as you have 2 trebles to aim for effectively T8 and T16 would both leave you 2 darts at a double, thats the way i go anyway but my point was the checkout cards most say T16+D16 not they way I would teach someone to go who just started playing, I would go the T20 route if they was on a good finish, just i dont like tops
If opponent has more then 170 left you can go many ways ,but if he is on finish then 20 route
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I always go T16, D16. 16 is my best number on the board. If for some reason I'm not feeling the 16's I'll go T20, D10, or D20, D20 on occasion, but rarely shoot it.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

I think it has more to do with whats left when you miss.

20 - 10 - 5
16 - 8 - 4 - 2 - 1

Assuming of course you always hit the single of the double you are aiming at.

Personally I always go the 20s route
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

(01-27-2017, 12:35 PM)Paul Dilley Wrote: Im assuming the only reason they say it is its a big area to hit as you have 2 trebles to aim for effectively T8 and T16 would both leave you 2 darts at a double, thats the way i go anyway but my point was the checkout cards most say T16+D16 not they way I would teach someone to go who just started playing, I would go the T20 route if they was on a good finish, just i dont like tops

T8 scores you 24... so deduct that from 80 your still left with 56, you still need to use one more Dart to set the Double up - there-fore only One Dart at Double.

The Whole complete 20 segment is far more larger than the T8/T16 segment area, and far more conducive to gaining a winning Leg when under pressure to do so. 

Get practicing yer D20's, my dear ol' chum.
(01-27-2017, 04:07 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 12:35 PM)Paul Dilley Wrote: Im assuming the only reason they say it is its a big area to hit as you have 2 trebles to aim for effectively T8 and T16 would both leave you 2 darts at a double, thats the way i go anyway but my point was the checkout cards most say T16+D16 not they way I would teach someone to go who just started playing, I would go the T20 route if they was on a good finish, just i dont like tops

T8 scores you 24... so deduct that from 80 your still left with 56, you still need to use one more Dart to set the Double up - there-fore only One Dart at Double.

The Whole complete 20 segment is far more larger than the T8/T16 segment area, and far more conducive to gaining a winning Leg when under pressure to do so. 

Get practicing yer D20's, my dear ol' chum.
Doh, sorry I was thinking of 64 left T8 T16,

My point mainly was these checkout sheets are wrong then, saying T16 D16 were as the other checkouts they use the correct formula in giving you the best chance if missing the treble, strange one
(01-27-2017, 04:15 PM)Paul Dilley Wrote: Doh, sorry I was thinking of 64 left T8 T16,

My point mainly was these checkout sheets are wrong then, saying T16 D16 were as the other checkouts they use the correct formula in giving you the best chance if missing the treble, strange one

As far as what they instruct for 80 - yes, in my opinion they should offer the 20 route. It isn't necessarily incorrect to offer the 16 route, cos if you hit the T16 - Bonza! your left the best double on the board.... though what it should be about is if you don't hit the treble. Most of us, even top players won't hit the treble when under pressure most of the time.

64 is interesting too.... if you're playing an opponent and they have 3 Darts at a Double when they step to the Oche after you. You have 64 left, you want to give your self every opportunity to win the leg.... do you throw for T8/T16, or do you throw for the T14..?

I haven't looked at a Check-out formula card for a long while, I'm interested to know what they would recommend for 64... though the caveat is; depends what your opponent is left with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats the best way to checkout 135? JannerinCardiff 10 550 05-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Leighd89
  Checkout Chart -personal table Pepouzze 2 300 08-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Pepouzze