Shot Darts

Length of darts including barrel & shaft
Hello,

I can't find anything about my question. 

Wat is normal for de length of the barrel (wihtout point) & shaft?

The barrels and shafts are in very much different sizes, so what is a good length of a setup....
Allowed is a max length 30,5 cm overall and the max. weight is 50gr. ( see https://www.pdc.tv/staticFiles/b6/b3/0,,...078,00.pdf )

Everything else is on your own taste. I use very light barrels with short stems and sigma pro flights. That is the system which works best for me. You have to try a lot and you get a feeling what is "good" and what is "bad". Its hard to help you, because everybody is individual.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

(01-26-2017, 11:12 AM)Poeee001 Wrote: Hello,

I can't find anything about my question. 

Wat is normal for de length of the barrel (wihtout point) & shaft?

The barrels and shafts are in very much different sizes, so what is a good length of a setup....

A barrel is the tungsten piece what you grip, and the most common length is +-50mm, and 23-24g in weight incl. point(tip)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

Hard to tell what works for you, the length you are asking for differs quite a bit between darts and setups so it's hard to answer. Looking at the stems it all depends on the balance of a dart on what stem length I use but usually longer barrel = shorter stem.

You can only find out what works for you by experimenting with different setups.
(01-26-2017, 11:57 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: Hard to tell what works for you, the length you are asking for differs quite a bit between darts and setups so it's hard to answer. Looking at the stems it all depends on the balance of a dart on what stem length I use but usually longer barrel = shorter stem.

You can only find out what works for you by experimenting with different setups.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

I know that you have to try different setups, but there are millions of combinations possible so I was thinking was is the most normal. 

That could be my starting point to explore what is my best setup. 

I'm playing with Harrows Supergrip 24 gram of 50 mm and a short shaft of 34 mm..
Last week I ordered the RD Megaton 25 gram. This one is 40 mm. So my question is to use the short one or one who's 10 mm longer.
(01-26-2017, 01:43 PM)Poeee001 Wrote: Last week I ordered the RD Megaton 25 gram. This one is 40 mm. So my question is to use the short one or one who's 10 mm longer.

You have to try it for yourself. It even depents where you grip the dart. I think for a rear gripper a long system is easier to throw than for a front gripper. 

For me it is hard to throw a straigth barrel at all, it is hard to find always the same grip. Thats why i use scalloped barrels. That is something i just found out because of throwing the darts by my own. You know what i mean? 

The good thing with darts is that you can use a lot of different material, but that is also the bad thing  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

(01-26-2017, 02:45 PM)JoelH Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 01:43 PM)Poeee001 Wrote: Last week I ordered the RD Megaton 25 gram. This one is 40 mm. So my question is to use the short one or one who's 10 mm longer.

You have to try it for yourself. It even depents where you grip the dart. I think for a rear gripper a long system is easier to throw than for a front gripper. 

For me it is hard to throw a straigth barrel at all, it is hard to find always the same grip. Thats why i use scalloped barrels. That is something i just found out because of throwing the darts by my own. You know what i mean? 

The good thing with darts is that you can use a lot of different material, but that is also the bad thing  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My problem is that with the Supergrip I dont get the same grip everything. I've tried to throw in front of the barrel and I think that fits me better. That s the reason I bought the RD Megaton.  The weight distribution is in front of the barrel.  I hope that this dart give me a better grip. 

I will try this one with the longer shafts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why not more darts with smooth transition from tip to barrel? Michaelinpr 24 1,111 10-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  darts with a step at the rear of barrel barbelmaster 7 2,093 12-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Last Post: zanellan
  barrel weight in soft tip darts schook 4 1,271 12-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: guest2