Harrows Darts.

Grip
Hello members.
I have a question that I hope someone can give me a sensible answer to.
If we grip a dart, and be have finger prints on our finger tips, which apparently allows us to grip the dart.
Why, unless you are of a Terry Jenkins ilk, do darts have grips on them?
Two roughened surfaces inherently have more friction (read grip) than one rough surface and one smooth surface. While fingertips do have ridges, we cannot grip glass nearly as well as we can grip a doormat with a rough surface.

Best way I can describe it.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

IMO regardless if you push or pull a dart depending on your personal style, grip of any kind is there to aid one to push against or pull through in order to propel the dart.

Same as a scallop is not only a reminder for grip placement, but there for a push/pull stroke.  

Factors like grip pressure come into play as well.  If I choose a dart with high grip level like razor grip my hold /grip pressure has to be as light as possible.  Not sure how hard Jenkins holds a barrel, but with smooth barrels my hold is a bit firmer (not much) in order for me to propel the dart properly.  Also for some their natural oils/texture of their fingertips find smooth barrels to have a good level of grip, for others none at all.

That's my answer to cloud the issue. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well played GWN, well played....
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Because if there was just one style of dart, darts would be pretty boring lol