Target Darts.

Part Dreaming Of Another Title
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Three-time world champion John Part has promised to give the very best players "nightmares on the oche" after securing his Tour Card at the 2017 PDC Qualifying School.

The darts legend secured his position on the professional circuit at the Robin Park Tennis Centre in Wigan at the weekend.

'Darth Maple' won his first world title at Lakeside in 1994 before landing his second in the PDC nine years' later when he beat Phil Taylor in a classic final.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
He secured the last of his crowns in 2008 when he defeated 21-year-old qualifier Kirk Shepherd at Alexandra Palace.

But 50-year-old Part is not done yet and has set his sights on landing the biggest title of them all for a fourth time in his career.

"I don't see why I can't win it again," the Canadian told Sky Sports. "Obviously you can be realistic and say 'well I'm here and I can't do it' but before anyone wins a world championship the first time it's easy to be negative and say 'how can you do that? Look at those guys.' And if you do that you never will.

"It probably does sound crazy that winning another title is my goal, but all goals are crazy until they're done.

"I'd hate not to give it a go while I'm still able to and I think I can. I can't turn around in five years from now and say I'd like to give it a shot because I won't be anywhere near the same ability or condition to do it.

"I'm out there to perform well and give people nightmares on the oche and enjoy it."

In a repeat of the 2008 Alexandra Palace final, Part faced Shepherd in a straight shootout for qualification, and rolled back the years as he clinched a 5-2 victory to secure his return to the ProTour.

"I tried to have a very positive attitude that I might have had 10 years' ago or so and it worked out. It might have been a little bit stressful, it was definitely not easy, it's a hard event. If you look around the room there were plenty of characters out of my darts past.

"It's an interesting time for darts. There is so much talent across the board but I manged to get everything working just enough to get through.

"Kirk was a dangerous opponent on the day because I knew I had to win. If I lost and then lost early the next day, I wouldn't get a Card. The whole point of the rematch of the final didn't enter into it - it was pretty much on the day and I was pretty surprised at how well he was playing.

"I played well, so it felt pretty good. I didn't feel like I was the supreme guy like I did in the World Championship final - we were quite level and in fact he had the upper hand. It was a change of role. Once I started winning matches, I continued winning matches."

Part hopes to be back in action at the Coral UK Open in March where he was runner-up in 2004.
I am dreaming abut new sneaker ,tie and drum set
180-1(33)

It's good to dream
(01-25-2017, 05:16 PM)Troll Wrote: I am dreaming abut new sneaker ,tie and  drum set

Lol, but your dreams are realistic Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But im looking forward to see Part more often on TV.
Yeah, F**k it! Have it Large...Big JP. Legend.
Great to see John Part back, a fresh start could be what he needs.
Now, has he got a sponsor yet...pretty sure a few dart manufacturers will want to sign this darting legend up.

Hopefully we'll see him sooner rather than later. Same with Paul Nicholson.

By the way, the picture of a dejected Kirk Shepherd - bliss!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. Darts' ultimate one-trick pony.
Good luck to him, nice to see him back though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-25-2017, 06:31 PM)sjmattitude1982. Wrote: By the way, the picture of a dejected Kirk Shepherd - bliss!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. Darts' ultimate one-trick pony.

Aye... he don't look too impressed, does he now.
Yeaaahhh... dream big. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I want him to win at least something this or next year. Go on JP! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
he should sign with target to get more sponsor money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-26-2017, 06:28 PM)Dartaddict1973 Wrote: he should sign with target to get more sponsor money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Target just signed Paul Lim, so Part is not too old. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I'm always rooting for Darth Maple. You always want to see a great player get back to where they once were. Go get em Johnny Boy!!!
Hope he will get back! But he needs to step up his game...
Congratulations John. I hope that you do put fear in their eyes.
If he can get back to his old form then no reason why he can't compete at the top level once again...j.d.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lewis Aiming To Hook Third Title hamo 0 543 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Super Suljovic Claims Maiden PDC Title hamo 14 2,812 09-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  Brilliant MvG Retains Unibet Masters Title hamo 14 3,376 02-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Last Post: BigE