Shot Darts

Hello all!
I'm Cory and from Montana, US playing darts almost a year and found this place by constantly reading about darts to learn and this looks like a great place to learn. 

Got started by watching a friend throw during lunch breaks and picked up some bar darts one day and joined him. Subbed in league within weeks of that and just got hooked or addicted is a better word. Lol

Joined my friends team in league following fall and competed in state tournament and have since joined another remote league plus played 2 other tournaments. Loving every minute of it... Tournaments are awesome! 

Play soft tip which is all we have here but have a sisal hanging at home that I practice on. Already own 5 sets of darts and way too many accessories to count. Took about that much to find what I like or what I think I like. 

Anyway I am excited to learn and appreciate being able to join the nutz! Thank you! 
Welcome to the NUTZ, Cory! Settle in and enjoy the forum! Great people here and a ton of awesome advice! The addiction only gets worse! LOL!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
You will love it here----there's a bunch of real Nutz wandering around the forum-and boy, do they know their stuff!  Settle in and enjoy the fun!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-25-2017, 03:50 AM)Red Wrote: Welcome to the NUTZ, Cory!  Settle in and enjoy the forum!  Great people here and a ton of awesome advice!  The addiction only gets worse!   LOL!

Thank you! I'm excited to be here!
(01-25-2017, 03:53 AM)Cat Wrote: You will love it here----there's a bunch of real Nutz wandering around the forum-and boy, do they know their stuff!  Settle in and enjoy the fun!

Thanks!
What darts do you have (you said you had 5 sets)?

Whereabouts in Montana do you hail from?

Lots of space out there-how far do you have to drive to get to a darts venue?

Just curious-felines are like that!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-25-2017, 04:04 AM)Cat Wrote: What darts do you have (you said you had 5 sets)?

Whereabouts in Montana do you hail from?

Lots of space out there-how far do you have to drive to get to a darts venue?

Just curious-felines are like that!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

First set was a set of 15g elkadarts don't know model tho.

2 sets of pirahnas at 20g

18g vipers 

20g blackwidows current match set. 

I am in North Central and yea state is huge. State was 3 hours away not bad for us because this year's venue is about 7 hrs away. Just had a pretty big 2 day event here in town and another one was about an hour away. Have a big league here. We have only couple thousand people here but have 108 in dart League. Remote just started so it will run into June. Our local league is 26 weeks. Plus tournament and Vegas qualifier. 

No problem on being curios! Lol here to meet and greet!
Thanks, enjoy the different perspectives-helps shake rattle and roll the insides!
Hello Cory, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:

Lots of good folk here and plenty to explore, enjoy. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome,,,,Enjoy,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Cory. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice intro Cory. Sounds like you are well on your way to being Nutz.

Being from Montana (the States really), the big question will be: Do you prefer Cricket or 501?
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

(01-25-2017, 07:21 AM)jschwab Wrote: Nice intro Cory. Sounds like you are well on your way to being Nutz.

Being from Montana (the States really), the big question will be: Do you prefer Cricket or 501?
Thanks! Well I don't work much in the winter so I am focusing on darts to help pass the time.

Play a lot of both. One league i play in its 501 oi/do and cricket with 701 di/do stacked last game. The other league is 12 games oh1 and 1 stacked cricket. I enjoy oh1 games more at the moment though. Seems like majority of people on the galaxy 3 remote play cricket.

What do you like playing the most?
Welcome Cory? Are you into webcam darts ? " wda.