Harrows Darts.

Harrows Sonic 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epA9BOWJLOM

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Another model from the Harrows 2017 range, these are the Sonic 22g, there is two models in the range and three weights for each, these are also available in 24 and 26 grams. They are 90% tungsten and have a blue ti nitride coating in the lateral grooves with distinctive grip and retail for £43.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip clear stems in medium and Harrows standard shape Sonic flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

The barrels have a a nice profile almost straight but slight taper from front half to rear a bit like the old Barney style shape. It has a ring grip on the fron half and a razor grip on the rear with lateral grooves cut through both with a blue nitride coating in them. The grooves adds a little more grippeines but although the front feels a little edgy around the grooves is closer to a medium level grip and the rear is a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

There is a just two hundredths of a gram difference between heaviest and lightest barrels so very good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup it moved slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Was fine right near the nose for me:

CONCLUSION:

Its another very nice set from Harrows with a mix of grips that should find favour with a lot of people although I think some may prefer the grips swapped around. As a front gripper I could feel some ediginess from the grooves cut along the front ring grip but overall it was a medium level which I was fine with and the reminded me very much like the old Barney barrels, even the way they fly was similar. So if you a fan of that style barrel you will feel right at home here with these. Was quite a nice dart to throw with a front grip, had a nice feel without been to front biased and no problems through the air, was nice and easy to throw for me.

From the middle they were nicely balanced but very strangely I got some fishtailing? Could be because its not my normal grip but even so they were working well enough for me from the middle but as with a lot of barrels there is a smooth band there so I was kind of half on both grips which was a little stange feeling at times.

From the rear the grip is obviously more aggressive and you can certainly feel it when you come to throw, I was expecting a lot of spin and I got it lol but I thought it felt fairly comfy holding at the rear.

So I think its one of those barrels that may suit all styles depending on the grip you like and if you like a slightly front weighted bias, if your a rear gripper that needs plenty of grip and you like this style of barrel shape then I can definitely recommend you try them, as for middle grippers I am not so sure but I can see a lot of front grippers been happy with these too, they were fine for me but I think I may prefer the slightly weightier 24g.

Very nice quality darts again from Harrows though, they have made some really nice darts in their 2017 range and the cutting on the barrels is really neat and clean so good to see.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (look good)
Grip: 9 for rear and 6 for front (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 9 (neatly cut)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 7 (not too bad)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Ah! The good ol' Darts-nutz Darts reviews..... ain't watched one of these in a while. I like the refinements that've been done. Especially the split screen throwing. Nice one.

Also, a nice looking Dart from Harrows... I reckon they'll be popular.
Great review again Darren. :thumbup:

Good looking dart and on a side note.  I was curious on the look of the Sonic flights as I wanted to get some of the pears version and they look alright.
Very nice looking darts. I'd prefer them a tad slimmer and as you said maybe with the grip reversed. But these should suit quite a lot of others. +1
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(01-24-2017, 05:42 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Ah! The good ol' Darts-nutz Darts reviews..... ain't watched one of these in a while. I like the refinements that've been done. Especially the split screen throwing. Nice one.

Also, a nice looking Dart from Harrows... I reckon they'll be popular.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Cheers!

(01-24-2017, 05:43 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review again Darren. :thumbup:

Good looking dart and on a side note.  I was curious on the look of the Sonic flights as I wanted to get some of the pears version and they look alright.

Thanks Brad!

(01-24-2017, 05:51 PM)jc14 Wrote: Very nice looking darts.  I'd prefer them a tad slimmer and as you said maybe with the grip reversed.  But these should suit quite a lot of others. +1

Thanks! They did feel ever so slightly chunky but I am not averse to that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review Darren.

I like the look of them, but I don't like razor grip. So a set less that I want. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top notch review. These look like a well produced dart and as you so rightly say, for those that like the Barney or ton machine shape these will fit well. Good job Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers Barry!

I just swapped the 22g for the 24g with someone and I think the 24g suit me a lot more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi I just got a set of the 26g version which has the same barrel shape as these. Holy moly do they have some grip. The back looks obvious but the notched cuts in the front turn those flat rings into a deceivingly strong grip. The tapered barrel that you reviewed (odd weights) looks even sharper and tour review agrees. None of this is a knock on the darts I like how these feel. If anyone is questioning barrel shape on grip alone i dont think you need to worry with either choice. I hope it holds up over time as dings start to mellow out the cuts.
(08-30-2018, 02:48 AM)Swiftojr Wrote: Hi I just got a set of the 26g version which has the same barrel shape as these. Holy moly do they have some grip. The back looks obvious but the notched cuts in the front turn those flat rings into a deceivingly strong grip.  The tapered barrel that you reviewed (odd weights) looks even sharper and tour review agrees. None of this is a knock on the darts I like how these feel. If anyone is questioning barrel shape on grip alone i dont think you need to worry with either choice. I hope it holds up over time as dings start to mellow out the cuts.

Yep a good level of grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Got these finally on Friday. I boldly took them out of the box and went right to league night with them without a single practice throw. I threw 17 tuns, plus a 180 in practice.

The grip is for real. I feel like there is no way for me to blame the dart for slipping now, its all on the steadiness of my eye and arm. Still getting used to them somewhat but I'm feeling better. I cant believe how much lighter 22 feels compared to my 23g MvGs. They look very nice and shine differently in different lights making the blue on the barrel appear lighter or darker. Very happy so far!
(10-29-2018, 12:09 PM)codo180 Wrote: Got these finally on Friday. I boldly took them out of the box and went right to league night with them without a single practice throw. I threw 17 tuns, plus a 180 in practice.

The grip is for real. I feel like there is no way for me to blame the dart for slipping now, its all on the steadiness of my eye and arm. Still getting used to them somewhat but I'm feeling better. I cant believe how much lighter 22 feels compared to my 23g MvGs. They look very nice and shine differently in different lights making the blue on the barrel appear lighter or darker. Very happy so far!

Sounds like they suit you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well, I was very happy with them in the beginning but each time I use them I find I feel almost like a fine dust on my fingers, I guess the very aggressive grip wearing away? Pretty disappointing for a medium-premium priced dart that I've only had for a couple of weeks. I emailed Harrows about it and they asked me to send them to them to investigate. That will come at a cost of about 20% of the price of the dart to me, plus all the postage woes in Canada, plus I'm sure it will take weeks. Disappointed
(11-12-2018, 06:17 PM)codo180 Wrote: Well, I was very happy with them in the beginning but each time I use them I find I feel almost like a fine dust on my fingers, I guess the very aggressive grip wearing away? Pretty disappointing for a medium-premium priced dart that I've only had for a couple of weeks. I emailed Harrows about it and they asked me to send them to them to investigate. That will come at a cost of about 20% of the price of the dart to me, plus all the postage woes in Canada, plus I'm sure it will take weeks. Disappointed

Got a pic of them?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 601 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,343 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 659 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 843 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 819 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,406 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 1,018 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,543 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 486 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 10,920 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM