Target Darts.

Favorite Doubles?
I stinkkkkkk at doubles
I shoot at all the double when I practice.
Im thinking of taking 4 doubles and focusing on them, practicing only on them and play my game towards them.

Does anyone do this?

I just train all doubles, of course I concentrate on the usual ones.

I guess if you just concentrate on four doubles, it may help if you end up on them, but you will get more nervous when you end up on others and I would say it won't help you much overall.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
It's good to practice all the doubles because you never know what you'll end up with in a match. But at the same time it's good to have a favorite double you're confident you can hit, and try to play your game to set it up, most people using D20 or D16. Those are my two favorites, I'll spend an hour or so throwing at only doubles, either all 3 darts at one double then move on no matter what I hit, or pretend you have 40 or 32 left and close it, if you miss low on D20 and hit a single 20, now move to D10 and keep doing this.

Also good to play small games of 01 to practice scoring and setting up that double you want. 121 in 9 darts,  If you hit the out in 9 darts or less move up to 122... If you don't get it in 9 darts, start over at 121... make your way up one at a time. You'll figure out what set up shots you're more comfortable with

You also may learn you like D20 better than D16 for example, but if you miss D20 you may not like D10 at all.. so D16 D8 might be a better option.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
40 and 32 us my fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I probably put more time on the D-16, D-8, D-4 and the D-20, D-10, D-5. I do practice other numbers to try to get familiar with them if the situation arises where I need to make an out shot I seldom practice on.

Ideally, you should practice all numbers for out shots, especially if you play much doubles in 01 and your opponent puts you on a number that is not usually your favorite.

This is why I've been trying out Bobs 27 more and more lately. You need to hit doubles pretty frequently and if you don't, the game ends pretty quickly.
d18 but hate d9 if I hit the single 18
I play in a Yorkshire league, so no trebles. The main way to score is to go for Double 20, so I spend ALOT of time practicing D20. But D16 is still my favourite.

But in terms of picking "main" doubles to practice. I remember seeing a video with RVB, he was talking about the importance of D20, D16 and D12. Each of these doubles give you atleast 3 arrows at a double if you go inside. D20 > D10 > D5, D16 > D8 > D4 > D2 > D1, D12 > D6 > D3.
D16,8s,20 ,10 and 5s although Im practising others.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
I'll only throw at doubles that have another double to go at if I hit a single, so i'll throw at D18, but if I hit S18 i wont go for D9, I'll go S2, D8 for example, If i hang myself up trying to throw at say D9 i'll almost inevitably hit S9 and then have to go S1 D4 anyway so i save myself the bother

As someone mentioned Bobs 27 is a great game to improve your doubles, as is A1 from flight school i think we are discussing in a seperate thread
The ones I hit best are 16, 8, 11, 14, 9 and 12. If I had to shoot one dart at one double for all the marbles and could choose which one to try, it'd be the 14.

Double vodka for me lol
All of them... so long as I hit 'em to win the Leg.
No real favourite, prefer to not use tops though as I pull my darts down a lot when aiming at the top of the board.
(01-24-2017, 04:30 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: No real favourite, prefer to not use tops though as I pull my darts down a lot when aiming at the top of the board.

Me as well. I am more likely to hit a T20 when aiming for tops than tops. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
my favorite has been D16 since i started playing, I could hit it 8/10 times sometimes but last year or so D8 has become by far my best, I started using a routine someone gave me to make my throw straighter, one dart at D11 one at bull one at D6. since ive been doing this, the way i throw at doubles has changed its now become more instinct , double eight now i hit 9/10 times look at it stand just to the left a little right down the barrel of the eight straight arm bang almost every time, cant count how many times iv used it to finished 32 D8 D8 even finished 48 hitting it 3 times a few times recently, its a nice weapon to have knowing you can almost finish with your eyes closed, I use to aim just above and flick the wrist but now straight and barely need to aim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Favorite Checkout Jack Scofield 43 5,078 08-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: dudle97
  Favorite Checkout In A Match roberts126 23 1,384 08-31-2019, 02:02 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Weight of your favorite set ? Borisbbadd 32 1,240 07-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Last Post: The G
  Your favorite moment ever? Mac-attack99 21 903 02-15-2019, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Berlin180
  favorite up and coming player? mcockrell 24 3,666 02-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Mac-attack99