Target Darts.

Darren Webster Cosmo darts - Anybody got or thrown a set
Hi Nutz

I am seriously tempted to purchase a new set of Cosmo Darren Webster darts but they are pricey.

I just wanted to ask if anybody is has or had a set to help me out.

Maybe some pictures, barrel drill out and info how the grip & barrel feel & fly.

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
(01-23-2017, 02:29 PM)CB180 Wrote: Hi Nutz

I am seriously tempted to purchase a new set of Cosmo Darren Webster darts but they are pricey.

I just wanted to ask if anybody is has or had a set to help me out.

Maybe some pictures, barrel drill out and info how the grip & barrel feel & fly.

For that price I would go customs Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Never had customs before, good quality & service?

(01-23-2017, 04:30 PM)CB180 Wrote: Never had customs before, good quality & service?

In regards to Antony at Madhouse and Matt at Hand on Darts specifically....

Better service for the customs I had them make, than I have ever received from any shop.
Quality is top notch from both.

I would try to steer clear of Cosmo darts to be honest... I've had 2 different sets of Cosmos and the points alone are enough to drive me crazy.  They drill out the point hole far too deep on their steel tip darts and bury the point in so far that there was only 15-20mm showing out of the barrel.  I also found Cosmo darts incredibly hard to repoint, not only with the Storm points, but other points as well since the point hole is also slightly smaller than normal.  Maybe the Unicorn needle points would be easier, but it was frustrating.

Yes, the Cosmo barrels are top notch, but the point problems alone will keep me from ever buying a set again.

Thanks for the advice both will take that on board.

Also that 10 % discount from Madhouse is still on(I think) ,so customs are 45 quid for set .
180-1(33)

Yep go for the custom route...I went for a set of customs just before Christmas and the quality is amazing and you get exactly what you want Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. mine were made by madhouse/custommadedarts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts : Red Dragon Polaris  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Amazon Pear Flights.
Soft Tip: 18g Unicorn Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: unicorn Eclipse Pro 
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hmm... very tempted. Is madhouse the best place to go?

(01-24-2017, 12:15 AM)CB180 Wrote: Hmm... very tempted. Is madhouse the best place to go?

for you, being in the UK... absolutely!

I have absolutely zero complaints about what I got, and the process to get them from Madhouse.

I actually have about 6 or 7 more designs I'd like to have made at some point, but I'm currently pretty happy with the Winmau I am throwing now.

I have 5 sets from Madhouse all are superb quality
180-1(33)

I may just have to give that a go. Have the idea of what I'd like!

Straight barrel 53mm length 6.2mm width and three types
of ring grip for thumb, index & middle finger.

(01-25-2017, 12:58 AM)CB180 Wrote: I may just have to give that a go. Have the idea of what I'd like!

Straight barrel 53mm length 6.2mm width and three types
of ring grip for thumb, index & middle finger.

Not to be a prat, but those dimensions (as you know) are a far stretch from Webster's Cosmo's. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
18.5g 43mm by 6.5mm are the specs I am finding? Or do you just want a set of customs for yourself that aren't based on Webster's?
Yeah I know that! My match darts are 54mm by 6.2 me but found the grip on the dart is slightly in the wrong place & slightly too long, so if I do custom rather replicate my match darts and adjust the location of the grip.

I maybe tempted to order both but may start with the one and go from there.

(01-25-2017, 12:11 PM)CB180 Wrote: Yeah I know that! My match darts are 54mm by 6.2 me but found the grip on the dart is slightly in the wrong place & slightly too long, so if I do custom rather replicate my match darts and adjust the location of the grip.

I maybe tempted to order both but may start with the one and go from there.

Oh, I get you now.  I've done the same tbh, had a set or two in the past I liked from a manufacturer that just needed a wee tweaking.  One was modded and the other I had made using the original as a template and the grip moved around.
All the best with it, if you go with Tony you won't be disappointed at all. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LF Cosmo darts - Knight 3 nightkaira 3 535 08-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  What darts did Darren Webster use before Cosmo NiteEyez 2 836 08-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez