Shot Darts

Benefits of Kite Flights?
Hi folks, 

Hope everyone is well, wanted to ask about Kite flights and for those who use them, why do you use them? The reason i ask is im using a cosmo set up at the moment, standard air flights but thinking about giving kites a try. 

Are they straighter and less floaty due to the smaller flight size / quicker speed? How do they affect grouping? Any thoughts welcome 

Cheers
Less floaty due to less surface area on flight. But a lot depends on your own individual throw I think.
I've read different guides giving different outcomes for different flights and or shafts etc but I think different people get different results.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

https://youtu.be/8LCclVtFR6o

Seems like the appropriate song to go with this thread...
I used to play darts with my Gran, and now I'm here. 
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet. You'll have to try them yourself, so Go Fly a Kite! I feel they are smaller than standard or shape, so block less of the triple bed, but give more loft than smaller (i.e. Pear or Slim) flights. It's always fun to try different setups

Pat
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

Ive only ever used the standard big win type of flights, ive just ordered some pear flights to try, kite will be next, then slims perhaps unless the pears work for me,

with big wing im getting probably 5* tail up, id like them flatter so i can see the beds better as im a short arse
For me, they are quite similar to the standards, give slightly better grouping, and the darts land a bit flatter in the board. I think kite flights are your best shot if you've played well with standards but fancy a bit of a change.
I dont have a standard throw and the kites have really improved my darts. I normally throw with the nose nose of the darts down and not parallel to the ground as usual.
The benefits are grab some try them see if they work or dont work is the best advice that anyone can give
I quite like kites myself, much prefer them to pears as they feel like they glide through the air better and don't land too flat in the board like pears do, and obviously group slightly better than standards
that being said the smaller standard flights are still the best for me, but if I ever change it up its kites I go for
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
When I used long, straight barrels I found that there wasn't much difference between kite and pears.

When I switched to short barrels I found there was quite a lot of difference between them, Kites seemed way more stable.

I found they give a more positive throw on lighter darts...if that makes any sense?
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
I'm thinking about trying kites, I only use shape flights and they work well for me.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Tremble - you are absolutely correct, at least from my point of view. I throw Lewis darts in 24 gram steel and 20 gram soft tip. Standards on the 24's and kites on the 20's. I tend to do better with smaller flights on lighter darts.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

(01-23-2017, 11:27 AM)portsetonloyal Wrote: Hi folks, 

Hope everyone is well, wanted to ask about Kite flights and for those who use them, why do you use them? The reason i ask is im using a cosmo set up at the moment, standard air flights but thinking about giving kites a try. 

Are they straighter and less floaty due to the smaller flight size / quicker speed? How do they affect grouping? Any thoughts welcome 

Cheers

Hi, I think all of us need some different flight shapes in our dart box. Its personal you can try pear, kite, Sigma etc
may all the doubles be with you

Experimenting is the answer . Different darts ,different flights .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top ten health benefits from playing darts Ancient Darter 8 2,224 07-24-2020, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Kite shape flights. woodmagnet 11 1,167 09-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  The Benefits of Smooth Darts? portsetonloyal 22 4,764 01-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Mortal ankle
  Benefits of Going Back to Basics? portsetonloyal 11 1,739 05-26-2017, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Dartaddict1973
  Why Unicorn does not have Kite flight TheCrane180 5 1,227 04-14-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180