Harrows Darts.

Conversion Points = Same Weight as Soft Tips
I know there are the 'Hard Lip Points' on the market that are the very light therefore a similar weight to soft tips.
Anyone know of any others on the market?
It seems that these hard lip points have their frailties (I for one like them, just exploring other avenues)
Alternatively, are there some really heavy soft tips out there ???
cheers
I know many players who are very satisfied with the Target titanium points. They're more durable than the carbon Hard Lips. Anyway, the titanium is still softer than steel and these titanium points won't last forever either. They get blunt after a while..well, after a few months. Can be sharpened though.

I have some hollowed steel points (probably Harrows ones) that are lighter than the usual conversion points you can get these days. Haven't seen these at shops any more.

I don't know about heavier soft tips. Obviously, the longer the point is, the heavier it is. And I know a player who put some pellets into the barrel so that he had heavier noses.

Mind that the "golden" points are usually made of brass which is heavier than the "silver" aluminium ones. BTW, another mate of mine had the target diamond points that I guess were lighter than the titanium points...now I have looked at the DC and I can see these...
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=4627

Well, I have bought some diamond target points a year ago and they were heavier... But these from the link are called "aluminium" ones and may be the ones my mate had.

To be honest, I don't use any conversion points. I much prefer original steel tip darts.
I compared some Conversion Points in this Thread.
Maybe it´s of some use..

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=17603

Some Weights (for a Set of 3 Points):
Target Ti, 30mm - 3.19g
Target Diamond Points - 3.66g
HardLips - 0.86g
Target Pixel Tips - 0.90g
I believe Target Pro Titanium conversion points are the lightest metal conversion point available. If you want a heavier soft tip, use a converter. There are 2BA to No.5 converters, 2BA to 4BA converters and No.5 to 4BA converters. I believe all will bring your set up close to the same weight as a titanium conversion point.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Thanks all , I tried the acute convertor method but I just couldn't get them to stay in the board. I don't get on well with many tips except 2BA fit point plus and condor ... Going to persevere with these and hard lip points when playing on a brisitle board
You cant play with Target hard lip in WDF steel tip events .................
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You mean L-Style hard lips I presume ? Really??? That's interesting ,. Why is that ?
Check out this thread ,,,, https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid233738

FYI ,, I have not seen any signs of my Target Titanium points wearing out,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-30-2017, 03:02 PM)philliesricky Wrote: You mean L-Style hard lips I presume ?  Really??? That's interesting ,. Why is that ?

That was few year ago .I wrote to WDF asking this question ,and they said you cant use them
180-1(33)

(01-30-2017, 12:15 PM)philliesricky Wrote: Thanks all , I tried the acute convertor method but I just couldn't get them to stay in the board.   I don't get on well with many tips except 2BA fit point plus and condor ...     Going to persevere with these and hard lip points when playing on a brisitle board

You couldn't get acute tips to stick in a soft tip board when using the converter?

If so, they were probably front loading the dart too much and your darts were landing at too much of an angle. In that case a heavier soft tip will not work unless you find a dart that is more rear weighted to balance it out.

Only problem I've found with acute tips are that they break easily.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(01-30-2017, 12:44 PM)Troll Wrote: You cant play with Target hard lip in WDF steel tip events .................

What event are you talking about? Did you play with these points and were told not to?

BTW, I think it was (is) in the BDO, WDF, PDC rules that the point is a needle shaped and made of metal. But I think I have seen many players using Hardlips at Czech Open, which was an event ander the WDF too. And there are no restrictions here at the Czech Darts Org. events.
From the DRA Rulebook as found on the DRA Website: https://www.thedra.co.uk/

Quote:Each dart shall consist of a needle shaped point which shall be fixed to a barrel.
At the rear of the barrel shall be an attached flighted stem which may consist of up to a maximum of
three separate pieces (namely any combination of; a flight, a flight securing device and a stem)

No more Mentioning of Metal Points.
Interesting: one is not allowed to use a Lockring and a Flight Protector together because that would make the Stem to be 4 Pieces?

Now one could argue that a Conversion Point isn´t "fixed" to the Barrel. The Stem wich is screwed in too is "attached" so a Conversion Point is "attached" too and not fixed...
On the other Hand, a regular Point is not "fixed" too, it is just pushed in.
(01-30-2017, 09:29 PM)elevendarter Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 12:44 PM)Troll Wrote: You cant play with Target hard lip in WDF steel tip events .................

What event are you talking about? Did you play with these points and were told not to?

BTW, I think it was (is) in the BDO, WDF, PDC rules that the point is a needle shaped and made of metal. But I think I have seen many players using Hardlips at Czech Open, which was an event ander the WDF too. And there are no restrictions here at the Czech Darts Org. events.
Someone told that he was kicked out of comp because he was using them.That was few years back .And I asked WDF in email what the hell ?And they said -That you can`t play with those in WDF and BDO events .But that was few years back (5 I think)Now knowing all those Japan darts makers ............
180-1(33)

I don't know what organisations mention the metallic points. I only know there are some mentions. Here's the BDO for example. It's a hell to cpy and paste this here..sorry for the font.

BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION

PLAYING & TOURNAMENT RULES
BDO Playing & Tournament Rules Page
of
Issue 1st February 2016
Section Five
-
PLAYING
RULES
THROW
Players
shall provide their own darts, which shall not exceed an overall length of 30.5 cm. And not weigh more than 50 grams. Each dart shall consist of a metallic needle shaped point attached to a barrel. At the rear of the barrel there shall be attached a flighted stem which may consist of up to five separate pieces.

BTW, these rules were always different for either PDC, BDO, WDF and I don't know who else. Therefore you can find those funny differencies like three or five pieces of accessories etc.
TBH, should I be surprised that there are no unified rules for darts in the country where you won't find a street on which all pubs play the same league format? .-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight of Soft Tip vs Steel Tip Force Majeure 14 506 10-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Force Majeure
  New 2 darts, tips bend easy do I need to buy harder tips Charly1954 9 853 09-17-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: splash
  mental block with soft tips? jaime_lion 11 538 03-04-2020, 03:25 AM
Last Post: dodarts22
  Coloured conversion points Poidisb 6 447 04-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Paldini-fc
  Finally Added Unicorn Paul Lim Soft Tips to the Collection :) Ehudakineyah 10 860 03-29-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Flights in soft tips blink180 42 4,526 03-08-2019, 04:02 AM
Last Post: cgolf
  New to soft tips OohUnlucky 6 542 02-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Soft tips that don't bend or break so easily kriz 8 837 02-09-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Good soft tips darts kriz 6 657 01-27-2019, 01:09 AM
Last Post: AProsview
  Which soft tip points are u using? Shima 23 2,161 01-10-2019, 03:33 AM
Last Post: flyingjohn