Darts Buddy

Critique my throw
Hi Everyone,

Posted in intro but in summary I'm coming back after 2 years break and throwing terribly.  48 avg before, 35 now.  Even when I was playing it was hard to get any tips.

Here's a video that I hope you can give me some help.

Things I think are: -
1) Leaning a bit far forward
2) Not following through enough

Your short arming - follow through - keep your dog hand next to you (darts in hand)
I don't like wearing watch on throwing hand   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-22-2017, 02:44 AM)*Saber* Wrote: Your short arming - follow through - keep your dog hand next to you (darts in hand)

Spot on here.  

Need to see if you can get a full release, picture flicking paint off your fingertips once you've let go of the dart with your hand extended towards your target on line.

Wouldn't worry about that lean as of yet till you can lengthen and smooth out that release.

Welcome aboard the forum. :hithere:
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll go and have a practice and focus on that.
(01-22-2017, 03:05 AM)Cobalt765 Wrote: Thanks for the quick replies.  I'll go and have a practice and focus on that.

Best to focus on one change at a time, no need to rush it or get clogged up tying to change too much.

All the best with it and good darting. :arrows:
I'm not very good, but it looks like you're arm isn't parallel and palm down and pointing at the board at the end of the throw - perhaps I see that because it's something I'm working on ?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've gone out in the shed and thrown about 10 sets and it might sound silly but already the changes seem to be paying off. Standing straighter has seemed to stop me wobbling and being off balance and the straight arm and palm down things has definitely straightened me up with a lot more going in the 20's bed. I'm aware however that one session you can feel you've got it all worked out then the next one goes to the dogs again but encouraging all the same and really appreciate the help.

If I were to post another video in the next day or so, what camera angle is the best, perhaps the side on one?
Good stuff, keep at it and it will become more and more natural. Side on is best IMO.
Here's another video a month later.  I'm standing straighter and trying to follow through.  This video was taken during a practice session and does actually reflect my throw, its not put on for the camera.

Lots of little jabby throws that I want to eradicate entirely but even with the good throws I see that I should be doing the following: -

- Elbow lifting up slightly
- More follow through
- Not to move head and shoulder, i see most shots my shoulder moves toward to board slightly.

Comments welcome.

Too much front foot weight. You could see you falling forward and balancing with your throw hand. Overall really good though.
Thanks big daddy. Had shocker tonight though and felt myself leaning and leaning and then things started moving all over the place. Makes me think you are right so I'll try that, thanks.
(02-26-2017, 01:29 AM)big daddy Wrote: Too much front foot weight. You could see you falling forward and balancing with your throw hand. Overall really good though.

Funny how we see thing differently.
I thought the opposite about the weight on the front foot.
I used to practise throwing on one foot only to make sure i would remain in the same position.
Even now my back foot barely touches the floor.
Everyone has a different way about playing the game so it's hard advise someone about how to go about it.
You need to find your own style.
Need to follow through with your throw would be my advice.
You seem to be quitting once you are releasing the dart.
Best of luck.
Darts
Harrows 21 gram Fire darts.
Winmau 21 gram Hankey darts.

Best leg 501 - 11 Darts

Best finish
160 comp.
164 Dartman
146 Wda

WDA - 3Bulls
Dartman - 3Bulls

(02-27-2017, 07:16 AM)Assassin Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 01:29 AM)big daddy Wrote: Too much front foot weight. You could see you falling forward and balancing with your throw hand. Overall really good though.

Funny how we see thing differently.
I thought the opposite about the weight on the front foot.
I used to practise throwing on one foot only to make sure i would remain in the same position.
Even now my back foot barely touches the floor.
Everyone has a different way about playing the game so it's hard advise someone about how to go about it.
You need to find your own style.
Need to follow through with your throw would be my advice.
You seem to be quitting once you are releasing the dart.
Best of luck.

Thanks Assassin, yes I agree to find my own style having said that, in each sport there are usually some fundamentals which are common to every good player. The follow through and keeping my head still seem to be the non-negotiables I need to work on which you've backed up. I'll play around with the weight.

Just wondering, are there any throws that seem good. eg are there any exact points in the video I should be trying to replicate eg : 0:18 and 0:36 ?
When collecting your next dart with your let left hand keep your right hand by your side. Your using your right to actually give the dart to your left which in turn causes body movement.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginner here, please critique my throw Phopkins1988 9 621 11-15-2020, 01:34 AM
Last Post: KLFToronto
  Critique on my throw? james_fenton 7 377 12-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: james_fenton
  Critique my throw Xkyle813x 4 715 07-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Critique My Throw pugtato 5 834 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Critique my throw freedom35 4 721 02-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
Smile Critique my throw liam_winnard 13 1,398 01-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: liam_winnard
  critique my slow motion dart shot..... kenstogie 2 522 01-03-2017, 12:18 AM