Double Top Darts.

23 or 25gm
I'm sure I'm not the only player who constantly changes the weight of my dart barrels. I have the same barrels in 23gm & 25 gm. I've thrown them both for hours and hours and yet I still cannot decide what is the best.....the best....wot a question.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to sort out a liking to 23 or 25 grams?
A full week with one and only one, practicing every target on the board over and over and playing a wide variety of practice games. Then use the other set the next week, exact same routine. Keep detailed stats and compare.

Also, record where your misses are in relation to the target. If most of your misses with the 25s are below the target, the 23s are probably your answer. 

I'm sure others have better advice, but that's how I'd tackle it.

Have you seen my Darts Decider? Maybe it could help a bit. On the other hand, when I look at all these darts on my desk then I am not so sure... Anyway, at least you can keep some scores recorded.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=24161
I remember years ago I did something like elevendartes darts decider, I spent weeks testing various sets and then I came to the conclusion the old style whitlocs were the ones, so I bought them in every weight and started to play with them, then I got injured so never got a chance to fully find out which would be the right ones as everything was messed up when I re-started again.

But I tend to prefer darts around 23g now but depending on the length and thickness I can happily throw 22 or 24 or even 25 gram but keep 23g as my main option but cant really say I have a foolproof way of deciding which is best now, I just tend to go by what I feel is right.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Have you thought about using 24g. ? Right in the middle of your choice !...j.d.
(01-21-2017, 02:13 PM)Getagrip Wrote: But I tend to prefer darts around 23g now but depending on the length and thickness I can happily throw 22 or 24 or even 25 gram but keep 23g as my main option but cant really say I have a foolproof way of deciding which is best now, I just tend to go by what I feel is right.

Much as it pains my scientifically trained brain, I think this is the answer.  If you can't decide after all those hours then I reckon you're down to hair splitting.

However if you bring both to matches then you can warm up with one weight, and if, halfway through, you're not feeling it with that weight then you have the other one.

For what it's worth, I find I have a range of weights.  I'm happy from ~22-26g (depending on shape) but my "sweet-spot" is 23-24g.
Keep the ones that land on the board how you like them to sit. I find the heavier darts just don't lay right for me. I started with 25G and now will use 22G most but there is a nice 23G I keep fulling around with on the side.
Good luck friend
If the dimensions are different I would take the set that is thinner.

If they are the same dimensions. Flip a coin.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Both ,,, You are Nutz ,,, Show your Nutz,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-21-2017, 03:46 PM)jimdandy Wrote: Have you thought about using 24g. ? Right in the middle of your choice !...j.d.

G'day,
They only come in 23 or 25 gram unfortunately. Hey perhaps I should blame the manufacturer who should have only given one option....24gm. Nah, then I'd just complain there were no options. Darts!
I've been thinking again, yeah I know, don' do that. But hey, maybe I should base my dart weight on the Pro players that have a similar build to mine. Perhaps we could form a data base of players with -
- Height (short, medium, tall)
- Build (lean, athletic, stocky, fat, obese)
- Throwing style (speed of the dart, fast or slow)

Would the above give us some clue?
(01-22-2017, 05:49 AM)dog Wrote: I've been thinking again, yeah I know, don' do that. But hey, maybe I should base my dart weight on the Pro players that have a similar build to mine. Perhaps we could form a data base of players with -

I like the sound of that,could be a valuable insight or a couldron of variables!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
(01-22-2017, 05:49 AM)dog Wrote: I've been thinking again, yeah I know, don' do that. But hey, maybe I should base my dart weight on the Pro players that have a similar build to mine. Perhaps we could form a data base of players with -

Good idea but I doubt that would be useful given that everyone has their own throwing style which is unique to them, and you have your own, so I can't see how that would correlate.  And also if you think about dart weight as a proportion to body weight, 23g or 25g makes absolutely no difference, especially when the majority of pro players are fat/obese to start with... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So why do the guys that are 120 to 150 kg throw 21 gram darts?
170 kg here,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I throw 18 gram barrels,,, moved up from 11.5 over the last 2 years,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Honestly weight has nothing to do with how heavy your darts are ,,, IMO,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.