Harrows Darts.

Avg dropped
Saw my avg drop from 53 too 50 on wda in one day!i find myself worrying about my throw and grip on the oche. I know I shouldn't but it creeps in my mind. Thinking of taken weekend off. What do you nutz think?
Hard to get a full understanding of the situation based on your message, but the 'one day' part of it makes me think you don't have enough legs played for your 'average' to be long term.

As an example play 5 legs of 501 and throw them in 25 darts each you average 60, then run into double trouble and finish the sixth leg is 45 darts, now you average 53 for your session! I don't think you need to take a weekend off because your average dropped; you should keep playing if you enjoy it, take a break if it is giving you anxiety or ruining your enjoyment.

DISCLAIMER: All of this is coming from a guy who lives and dies on his average being a point above or below his goal, so take it with grain of salt.
There is far too much variability in darts to worry about "day-to-day" fluctuations in average.  The wrong side of the wire can turn a 24 dart leg into a 34 dart leg for example.  Long-term (weeks-months-years) trends are what you should be looking out for, i.e. are you better than you were this time last year?

It's analogous to losing weight (but also the complete opposite Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ).  You don't sweat the day-to-day stuff, but you keep an eye on whether those pounds are dropping off on the week-month timescale.
53 and 50 is the same. You have no problem mate. Keep practicing.
I started on WDA 3 weeks ago after not playing for 12 years...love it. I found myself more concerned about my average than actually winning matches...which is wrong thinking..but an issue I have to correct...so I hide my average while playing now...most times I am surprised to see my average after the match..times I felt I shot well and only had a 55 avg..and times I thought i was awfull and had 65 avg.
WDA is a great tool for practicing...try not to get caught up in what your average is and enjoy the competitive nature of it.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Oakzer
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As always, "Averages don't win matches.".  We all know that or should.  Just keep going and play, play, play. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Three points certainly isn't enough to worry about as others have said one bad leg could do that - Also did the darts feel good but just not land where you wanted them, were they on the wire or were you missing by 2-3 segments each throw?  There's lots more to think about than just averages
Are you winning your matches?

Don't worry about the average... all that means is you missed a couple doubles.

Or in my case every double...lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 22 Gram Keith Deller'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
could be just that your trying to hard and need to relax
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The thing is that people expect their average to be between 5 points and always the same but that is insane. Over a longer periode of time your average is pretty much the same but per match it can differ so much.
Even the pros who are supposed to be extra consistent, have 5-10 points difference between their own averages in different games. 3 points is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Worry more about that checkout rate. I played a guy on pro darter a while back and got trounced, but I had an average of 70 which for me is awesome. Reason being I never got onto a double so never had the chance to miss... Averages lie.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
(01-25-2017, 12:07 AM)Alex Wrote: Worry more about that checkout rate. I played a guy on pro darter a while back and got trounced, but I had an average of 70 which for me is awesome. Reason being I never got onto a double so never had the chance to miss... Averages lie.

No, they don't. It's people who often can't understand the correct meaning :-)
(01-27-2017, 07:54 PM)elevendarter Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 12:07 AM)Alex Wrote: Worry more about that checkout rate. I played a guy on pro darter a while back and got trounced, but I had an average of 70 which for me is awesome. Reason being I never got onto a double so never had the chance to miss... Averages lie.

No, they don't. It's people who often can't understand the correct meaning :-)
OK ok. Averages don't lie, but a higher average doesn't mean a better player or a definite win. The 'lie' in a sense is that just because you're smashing in 140's/180's, you aren't guaranteed a win until you can check out consistently.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The penny has finally dropped Carpy 10 856 11-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: UncleJJ