Darts Buddy

Your darts are too light? A guide how to make them heavier...
Recently I bought a set of Monster Anastasia Dobromyslova darts, but unfortunately these darts are too light for me.

So I bought some tungsten putty someone (Sorry, I forgot who) on the forum recommended to me. As he said it's not sticky at all and is very easy to handle. To cut a long story short my 3 Monster Anastasia barrels are matched weighted +-0.00 22.00 grams now.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If someone wants to try this out, make sure you measure how deep your darts are drilled out. The Monster Dobromyslova darts are drilled out very deep so it's no problem to put 1.6 grams tungsten putty in them. I think you can increased the weight of the Dobromyslova darts up to 22.5 or 23 grams.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
Doesn t this wobble or shake / wackeln schlackern ????
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
not tried it yet but will do eventually, nice to know they increased that much though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice job Red! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

this a really interesting method ..... the darts not only become heavier , but also more backweighted.....i don t like darts that have an parralel barrel and are frontweighted....so you can drag the main emphasis more to the back ....very interesting
(01-20-2017, 04:57 PM)volla Wrote: Doesn t this wobble or shake  / wackeln schlackern ????

No, not at all. The tungsten putty is a little sticky and doesn't move.

Ich habe das Knetblei mit dem Drahtstift fest in den Barrel gepresst. Es ist etwas klebrig und bewegt sich nicht. Könnte nur schwer werden es wieder vollständig raus zu bekommen.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
Its been used for a while now, Jeff's thread is from 2014: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...ight=putty

I just find it ironic that Monster drilled out the Anastasia darts so deep and we put stuff back in to make them heavier LOL! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How easy is the putty to remove if you make an error with the judgement on how far it is drilled out? And you need to remove t.
I already know about this. I use 24-25 gram darts so I don't really need the putty.
(01-20-2017, 09:05 PM)kevmode Wrote: I already know about this.  I use 24-25 gram darts so I don't really need the putty.

But the idea behind it is for darts you may like but are too light so if there is room in them you have the option to make them closer to your weight. Of course the only problem is not many darts in your weight is likely to be drilled out so far but you still may get a set that's got 3 barrels mismatched in weight so if your a little OCD or just really want them perfectly matched for whatever reason the putty is still very useful for that. I really only bought it for the Anastasia's myself but I have a few soft tips I will use it on too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-20-2017, 07:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Its been used for a while now, Jeff's thread is from 2014: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...ight=putty

I just find it ironic that Monster drilled out the Anastasia darts so deep and we put stuff back in to make them heavier LOL! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yeah, that's truly ironic. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-20-2017, 08:24 PM)Bones Wrote: How easy is the putty to remove if you make an error with the judgement on how far it is drilled out? And you need to remove t.

Depends on the putty. I haven't tried it yet.
I tried it with a 23g set of Target Keith Deller's and could only manage .5 of a gram increase. Was hoping to get closer to 25g, but no luck.

Pat

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

This just seems like a bad idea to me due to the fact you'll be adding all of the weight in one small space. Weight distribution and the balance point are both important.
(01-21-2017, 08:20 AM)sacredshapes Wrote: This just seems like a bad idea to me due to the fact you'll be adding all of the weight in one small space. Weight distribution and the balance point are both important.

Thats the point for me. 
You could make a dart that doesnt fit to your throw or preferences working better for you with this putty... And for a dart that works perfect its not necessary anyway
(01-21-2017, 09:44 AM)theblindPew Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 08:20 AM)sacredshapes Wrote: This just seems like a bad idea to me due to the fact you'll be adding all of the weight in one small space. Weight distribution and the balance point are both important.

Thats the point for me. 
You could make a dart that doesnt fit to your throw or preferences working better for you with this putty... And for a dart that works perfect its not necessary anyway

Yeah I suppose if you're good with the darts in the first place you wouldn't go messing around. Fair point.
(01-20-2017, 10:39 PM)repat Wrote: I tried it with a 23g set of Target Keith Deller's and could only manage .5 of a gram increase.  Was hoping to get closer to 25g, but no luck.

Pat

It all depends on how deep the darts are drilled out. I think you need at least 15-20mm.

I don't think the impact on the balance point is extremely high since the weight is added in the barrel. Heavy stems like the Target Carbon Titanium or Flight Protectors may have a bigger impact on flight characteristics, because the added weight is at the very end of the darts.

Because I can't throw the darts the way they are sold as they are too light, I don't think a slightly change of the balance point is a problem. I don't like front-weighted darts anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make dartboard quieter?? Jamesr4300 38 16,625 07-27-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Things that make you go hmmmm... Nucky 12 752 12-13-2019, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Nucky
  Who could make this Troll 0 272 10-11-2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Troll
  Warming up with heavier darts PecosJoe 11 421 09-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Last Post: The Fox
  Light weight darts PecosJoe 19 1,161 08-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  Light darts Matt.1994 22 1,736 05-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: holmesness
  Can the average joe really make it in darts? impaler1991 25 1,994 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Light darts Kaigen Moore 20 1,954 11-27-2018, 03:27 AM
Last Post: The G
  Flights, do they make that much difference? Irfan 15 1,505 07-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: jwiere03
  LIGHT DARTS FOR REAR GRIPPERS ? ChrisTheFish 11 1,625 04-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Last Post: benjarnis