Shot Darts

Rumor of no more you tube darts
I heard a rumor that BDO has sued to get darts  channels  off of you tube.

Does anyone know any particulars?
Theo Kaspers who used to upload many full games in HD, is gone. So is the Darts Incidents and moments channel which showed footage of many incidents, controversies and had many views. The rest I know about are still up there. I heard BDO and Sky Sports have both taken legal action against darts channels
Yeah it looks like they are taking stronger action against people uploading content, I don't see any problem with uploading small portions but I guess you cant argue with it when people are posting full matches, they have shut down other channels in the past but more will start again, it seems once a channel has reached large numbers is when they act.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
One thing that really sucks about this is that these matches are now basically lost aren't they?
Maybe the BDO and PDC should have an access for people so that the great matches can be watched again...
Or maybe just post the matches up themselves, surely they would make some money on Youtube...
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
And they want darts to succeed...not by deleting channels doing nothing wrong you won't!
The thing is, that when I got interested in darts about 4 yrs. ago I spent a lot of time watching matches on utube.  That is the only way I have of watching the various matches and championships and doing so really fanned the flames of my darts enthusiasm.

Because of that enthusiasm I have introduced quite a few people to the game which has generated a lot of sales for darts equipment. ( I have way too many sets of darts).  I bet that others are like me in that utube has been a conduit to the game.

I think it is very short sighted on the part of of a darts organization to stifle the the spread of the game by preventing the ability of people world wide to watch  on utube where as without utube many would not be able to see the various matches.

Just my opinion.
Why doesn't the PDC post the games on youtube themselves? They have an account and posted some extra HQ footage in the past. This should be the way forward.
Didn't the BDO show the WC outside the UK on YouTube?

I can understand recent games not being included, but surely older games should either be allowed, or a back catalogue made available on their own YouTube channel.

As Joe says, YouTube is often the only way to watch an old classic for a new fan. Imagine not being able to watch Bristow-Deller or Taylor-Gregory!!
Stupid move ! You would think they were trying to end the game altogether ! I don't see the logic behind this, really if you want to promote something then you look for as much exposure as possible. Now you know why the B.D.O. are struggling !...j.d.
Horrible!

If they do this there basically erasing darts past!

There's not exactly a plethora of darts DVDs is there and the next best option is a bdo and pdc channel with all the old matches (that'd earn some).

I luv the BDO but if they have all the old matches taken down it does nothing but punish fans of the sport's golden era!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Unless both PDC/BDO have plans to use the footage(which I doubt), it seems as if it's lost to the general public forever.
Great way to give darts more exposure.LOL!!!

Chris..
You know, if the PDC-HD or whatever live.pdc is calling itself these days would put the whole match up after completion, I would pay the subscription without issue.  Unfortunately, they don't and the crap highlights thing they put up takes a day or two to go up, so it doesn't make sense for me.  I'm never available to watch live because of the time difference, so Theo was the best way for me to follow it.

Now, if the PDC were to do what the BDO did for the Lakeside, that would be great.  Can't see it happening, though.
Unicorn Barney Phase 1 23g darts
Harrows Gripper tweenie shafts
Newcastle United standard flights (HTL!)
(01-20-2017, 04:52 PM)freedom35 Wrote: You know, if the PDC-HD or whatever live.pdc is calling itself these days would put the whole match up after completion, I would pay the subscription without issue.  Unfortunately, they don't and the crap highlights thing they put up takes a day or two to go up, so it doesn't make sense for me.  I'm never available to watch live because of the time difference, so Theo was the best way for me to follow it.

Now, if the PDC were to do what the BDO did for the Lakeside, that would be great.  Can't see it happening, though.

The difference is that the BDO had to provide a good quality youtube stream because they only had TV coverage in the UK. The PDC has more or less worldwide coverage so I don't think they will do youtube anytime soon.
Theo's channel was excellent - if you avoided the results it was as good as watching it live. This is very bad news for darts fans who live out of the UK. There is no Sky Sports here in Cambodia. Thanks Sky and Youtube. They need to get with the program - its not the 1990's anymore.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
wow yes theo's account is gone
very hard for us specially outside uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk