Shot Darts

New Blade5
Well my impatience got the better of me and I decided to take down the 3 week old Blade4 DC and put my 'Argos Special' Blade 5 up.

And man am I happy I did, my previous board was a 4DC aswell and the reason I first bought it was for the rota lock thingmie, not so much the DC part.(Hence me getting the B5 over the 5DC)

I'd got so used to playing on this board I forgot how different a standard board looks with vieins/marbelling.......l Luuurve it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Don't know if I just got lucky with the machining on my B5 but it looks like lightning is emulating from the bull.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have an idea I want to run by you guys.......

I'm thinking of adding the marbelling effect to the white sections on my 4DC I've just taken down.

I consider myself a pretty good scale model painter (Been building since I was a lad) and should be able to pull it off with a steady hand and a decent paiintbrush and some inkwash, or possibly a fineliner. 

The fineliner I fear may be to dark, and I am also worried the ink may soak and bleed out like a bad tattoo.

Hmmmmmmmmm   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thoughts before I potentially ruin a 3 week old board?

Cheers
Tez

Edit: will add pictures of my efforts if I decide to go ahead.....

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
I think someone else did that on a board on here lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

nice board I'm holding out for the DC next month
I think you should work on the ugly painting around your board lol
(01-20-2017, 07:07 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think you should work on the ugly painting around your board lol

Lol Cheers Crush, that's our attempt at a Paul Smith inspired design feature, my missus saw something similar on tv and thought it would brighten up a bland kitchen wall.

We were rather proud of it until now  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

I got a Blade 5 about a week ago, I'm very happy with it as well!

No blemishes that I can see - very nice board.

BT
Do you recommend getting a Blade 5 to avoid bounce outs?
Why don't you spruce up the Black segments instead.... use different colours and and flick 'em on with a small brush, or tooth brush, like. So then it looks all Galaxy, like the Marbles back in the Day.... Have no Idea how old you are, so if you remember playing Marbles...... Happy Days!
(02-03-2017, 02:45 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Why don't you spruce up the Black segments instead.... use different colours and and flick 'em on with a small brush, or tooth brush, like. So then it looks all Galaxy, like the Marbles back in the Day.... Have no Idea how old you are, so if you remember playing Marbles...... Happy Days!

Oh I'm plenty old enough to remember Marbles,

Oners, Tiger Eyes, Bonkers, Pearlies, Chinkies, ....... memories.

@Tonga
 I don't suffer alot of bounce outs on this board if I do they are usually deflections of the other dart and not down to me hitting a wire.

Cheers 
Tez

(02-03-2017, 04:22 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 02:45 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Why don't you spruce up the Black segments instead.... use different colours and and flick 'em on with a small brush, or tooth brush, like. So then it looks all Galaxy, like the Marbles back in the Day.... Have no Idea how old you are, so if you remember playing Marbles...... Happy Days!

Oh I'm plenty old enough to remember Marbles,

Oners, Tiger Eyes, Bonkers, Pearlies, Chinkies, ....... memories.

@Tonga
 I don't suffer alot of bounce outs on this board if I do they are usually deflections of the other dart and not down to me hitting a wire.

Cheers 
Tez

cool!, thanks Tez, I will get one next month and see how it goes.
My 5 is wearing well but I find them a bit soft, ( although I do throw quite hard), nice and bright, so far so good,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"