Target Darts.

Beer or Sober
Considering it is a pub game, I used to play better sober and be absolutely hopeless after having a beer or two..

Now, after an extended festive break and the habits that come along with it.. I seem to play better after a few "bevvies"..

My 'A' game has turned full circle and I hit the board alot easier when having a drink.. Given this, would like to ask..

What is your best state to play in??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best sober, but just a few wont make me play better/worse. But I try to not drink alcohol during a game.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I play better with a few, but also, have had a few too many and lost some league matches that way.
I drive to League so only have 2 light beers, more out of habit than anything else, so play more-or-less sober.

It was hard at first but I think it really helps your game if you can do it. I find now that if I do have a drink I tip over the other side a lot more easily so I actually find it easier just to have a couple.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I like to have a couple drinks, either beers or a couple cocktails to get a bit more comfortable and relaxed when I was playing league darts. I've pushed it over the line a few times when in long sessions with friends just tossing darts for fun.

There is the tipping point that once reached finds my game going down the tubes. That is usually after a six pack or about 5 mixed drinks------but that mostly depends on the length of time I'm playing. If for 3-4 hours, the above amounts wouldn't really bother me, but if only a couple hours, all bets are off.
2 or 3 max or im all ober the show
Im a one can dan with the ale,so,sober for me although I will have a JD and coke if the nerves are cranky.lol
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
I like a couple to take the edge off but definitely not too much
I'm not much of a drinker these days anyways so I go from zero to all over the shop pretty quick
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've not tried to play after a few drinks since I took it up properly so I can't say. Always best to play when you're sober though because it's unwise to rely on a crutch to help you play to your optimum.

I imagine for some people that a beer or two helps them to relax.
UThis may be frowned upon, but im at my best between 4-8 beers.
There is a guy in one of my leagues that can't/won't play unless he's half in the bag... maybe all the way. The last time my team played his he was drinking triple Jameson's. He mentioned he had something like 5 or 6 of them. 6? That's 18 shots. They'd have to scrape me off the floor.

That said, most dart nights I'll have only one or two pints of draft/bottles of beer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
I don't drink anyway so this is an easy question for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I like a couple before playing, then a few whilst playing. The window seems to stay open quite nicely from 2-8, then starts to close.

Starting to play when already drunk is another case entirely. Chalker would need a hard hat!
(01-20-2017, 12:55 PM)Kosumo Wrote: I don't drink anyway so this is an easy question for me. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm with Kosumo on this one as I no longer drink either.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

League night is typically my only night out in the week so I would have a few beers. I do keep the number to 3 or less before I throw my match so that the nervous edge is taken off but the beer goggles aren't on! Once I reach a certain level I set the darts down as there really is no point in trying to throw them. When practicing in the house I am always sober
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points