Shot Darts

HELLO from the coldest city on earth-winnipeg
Rainbow 
Hi All I am Bigmoe99, this is in Honor of Moe Norman (Pipeline Moe, greatest ball striker ever),

I am hollering out from Winnipeg and recently in the news we were selected as the COLDEST City on Earth. Which makes us the perfect place to perfect your Dart skills.

-How you got into darts.
How I got started in darts, goes back to when I was a young man living in Regina, We would play darts in the bar's and I enjoyed them, I joined the military and started playing darts in Ontario while posted in Trenton, Ont. Bought my own darts 20g and loved them, lost my darts 20 years ago and never got new ones or played more darts. Recently a mutual friend of my wife and I invited us to go to there dart league night, we did and my wife loved it and it restoked the fires in me.
We went out the next day, bought a board and a set of darts for her and me, I couldn't find any 20g so I ended up with a 26g set.

we are playing steel tip darts and I don't see the logic in soft tip, that's my take on it.

-Any good memories with darts...like a crazy 167 check-out, hitting a 5 count on bulls to win a Cricket match, etc..

Still trying to create some memories, not there yet, I suck and don't seem to be getting better.

-What types of darts do you use. Do you collect old darts? Any new darts you have your eye on.
I am playing 26g tungsten darts thin shaft, I don't like the thick ones, more of an esthetic thing. I bought a cheap pair of 20g brass darts to get a feel for which weight is best for me, and I suck equally with either weight, I have been practising and I will have some limited success with practice in the basement, go to dart league night a WHAM! I still SUCK!

-Favorite pro player if you watch it on TV/youtube
Remember I played 20 years ago, its eric Bristow(the Crafty cockney) and John Lowe.

-How long you've been playing.

combined 3 years but a 20 year gap inbetween year 2 & 3

-Any friends that post here/brought you here.
Nope, just trying to find a source for improving to a level I am happy with.

-If you play in leagues, tournaments, etc..
  • Any issues in your game or something you want to work on. We can steer you to the right forum.
    EverythingI lack consistency, accuracy and can't seem to figure out which weight is best for me,I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully getting better.cheers,Bigmoe99 (Go Big or Stay Home)
Welcome to the Nutz.  Have your wife join as well-I know for a fact there are a few ladies on the forum.  You got the main thing -practise.  You might try adding Flight School to that practise as it is a super methodology for practise--a whole lotta Nutz swear by it....when they're not swearing as a result of it!!! Lol!!!

Again, welcome to the forum and the Nutz family!!!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello "BigMoe", welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:

Good one on the moniker as well, honoring Norman the legend. :thumbup:
Welcome to the forum . Winterpeg. Brrrrrrr.
Moe ( RIP) was an icon . Met him once .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Welcome!
Have spent A LOT of time out that way in the past.....

I won't hold that against you!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome aboard! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
welcome to DNF
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Hello Big Moe and welcome aboard, good to have you here, hopefully the Nutz can bring you some warmth Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the intro Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Welcome to the NUTZ!!  Great intro!  Enjoy!  Lots of helpful information and people here!  Like Cat was saying,  give Flight School a try.  It's been a great help for me and many others, I'm sure.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome to DNF!

I am originally from Winnipeg, moved out West almost 30 years ago.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Welcome to the forum Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Hi Moe and Welcome to DartsNutz!!!

Great intro!!! I think you are going to fit right in here!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from New York City Alnumber9 19 655 10-30-2019, 03:09 AM
Last Post: Alnumber9
  New from Kansas City Seamus68 21 556 03-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Last Post: McBoing
  Greetings from Kansas City! RWhip 17 400 03-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Last Post: TryingToBeEgbert
  Hi from Winnipeg Bravedart 15 485 11-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Hello from Kansas City, Missouri Killian Knutson 21 1,538 03-21-2018, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Hello from Mexico City Emilio Mendoza de la F 20 1,358 03-18-2018, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mark_S_Adams