Harrows Darts.

Some slightly modified darts
Hey guys just thought i would share somthing i do to my favorite darts! 

I wasn't liking the smooth polished/machined barrels i found that they had some micro burrs that would feel very gripy so i though i would try and bead-blast they to see how that felt... and it feels much better in hand. its a smoother overall feel but the matte surface gives a different type of grip (no slip really) anyway i like it so much i blasted a few of my favorites so fare. as far as looks well i like clean and simple and that fits the bill Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

darts are mc coy stealths, target carrera C3s and target distinction orion, I like L-style quite a bit so all my darts have L-style shafts and flights. I find they last the longest (and i like the matte look) 

on another note i broke a tip off right at the barrel and was looking for some way to get it out, most guys say 4 weeks in vinegar but i didn't want to wait that long so i bumped it up a notch and had some muriatic acid in the shop (as hardware store will have it)  I put the barrel in a small glass jar and put that in my shop oven at 450 degrees for 30 mins.... it ate the steel tip out in that time and didnt harm the barrel at all. If you have a small toaster over that you dont care about then put it in a very well ventilated area and it will eat the tips out in no time!   

hope you enjoy the pics 

cheers 

morgan 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Those shot blasted Carreras! *drool*
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
(01-19-2017, 04:03 PM)LegoArmo Wrote: Those shot blasted Carreras! *drool*

I think they look pretty good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
looks good actually, I think someone else done a similar thing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Wow, those all look pretty cool. Definitely makes for a unique looking barrel, and they are all dressed to impress with L-Stuff. Nice job.
Wow! They have an odd "industrial" look about them. I really like that. Well done!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
You should do this for a set of smooth darts too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Those look beautiful.

Would love my 9fives done like that.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
those look great! I might have to send you some darts sometime in the future to have it done Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Those look amazing!!! I actually wish I hadn't sold my Nitros a couple of hours ago. I would've taken them into the local shop tomorrow and had that done!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
nice looking sets indeed

Member previously known as Daveheald

La la la la la lovely...
they look f.....g awesome. great job
Those C3's ... oh my oh my
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

They look really good. Is there a change in grip level? Do the barrels oxidise and darken quicker afterwards? Is it in any way comparable to the Hankey shot blast feel?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modified RD Amberjack V2.0 hardy73 17 1,736 06-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: copigme
  My modified Amberjacks dannyd180 11 1,022 06-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  Showtime Marco Smit - Modified by Antony at Madhouse Jugger 8 1,385 07-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade