Darts Buddy

First Ever Tournament this Saturday
Ive been playing about 18 months. Ive never played competitive darts. Ive never even played against another person for fun, just me vs. my basement. I dont play pub leagues cause Im alcohol free for 24 years and dont wanna be around it.

Im scareddddd lol. My goal is moderate, to make it to having a shot at doubling out in one leg at least. 

Maybe Ill break out my hockey past from 30 years ago and drop the gloves with my opponent if hes beating me badly  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have a great time, throw your darts and make some new friends.
Give yourself enough time to settle and warm up before the comp and give yourself the best chance to show what you can do.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Just have fun, don't be nervous enjoy the experience
Nerves are a very good thing, you just have to keep them from overwhelming you, that's the hard part.

Can you get to the venue early and get used to the layout?  Also get throwing as it'll take time for you to get used to different oche conditions, board placements, lighting etc?  That is going to be a bit of a culture shock from your basement.

Have fun though, it's a blast. :thumbup:
As others have said ,,, give yourself time to acclimate to the surroundings ,,,, and above all just have fun ,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Don't be scared. Play your game! Who knows what might happen. Practice your doubles and go for it
Don't say you can't do it. Go in with a positive attitude.
Good luck bud - I am sure it will be a great experience for you - and congrats on laying off the sauce too awesome accomplishment
Wishing you all the best of luck and hope you have a great time. You'll be fine.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

thanks everyone

love this forum everyone so nice here

Just enjoy it. Its gets easier with every game, the nerves that is.
Just curious what tournament?  What's the format?
(01-18-2017, 09:58 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Just curious what tournament?  What's the format?

heres a link to the poster for it

https://www.saskdarts.com/posters/2017%2...nament.pdf

(01-18-2017, 11:19 PM)pugtato Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 09:58 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Just curious what tournament?  What's the format?

heres a link to the poster for it

https://www.saskdarts.com/posters/2017%2...nament.pdf

Have fun and share your stories when you get done!
Good show on the 24 yrs!  My cousin went 19 before he left us.  
As for the comp...wishing you Good darts guy-as is every Nutz here!