Harrows Darts.

Multiple weights for the same dart
I know some of us here are a bit OCD about what darts we use. When I find a dart I like, I feel like I have to get every weight possible for that particular model. Does anyone else share the same experience as I. Do you guys think it is worth the extra money you need to spend or will it lead to madness because you are not able to decide which dart is perfect?

Unicorn t90 in 22g (clear), 24g (clear black), 26g (black)
LOL I did it with the old Simon Whitlock darts as they were working so well for me I got every weight to see which I would like best, I cant remember what the weight of the first set was but its the only darts where I hit 2 180's in the first time of playing with them, could not throw at all the last time I tried though, my throw has changed too much.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I prefer to get all the darts available in my preferable weight.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The type of darts I use hardly ever come in multiple weights (even though I can vary the weight quite a bit, and change the balance of my barrel at will). 

Thank God for that!!!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have 22g Duzza's which I love but I can't help feeling that I should try the 24g version in case I love them more.

I have no idea if 22g is "my" weight or not.

I do worry if having two different weights will lead to me switching whenever I have a bad spell, which I just play through at the moment. I also think it won't make much difference either way, like when I switched from standard flights to shape.

Saying all of that, I'll probably end up getting the 24g version for reasons which should be obvious given where we are......

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Usually i stick with 22g.
Then came the Haruki´s.
Had them in 22g, felt i could try the lighter Soft Tippers with Conversion Points and ended in ordering the Japan Model just to have them all.
Well, I do have Unicorn Mirage Phase 5 in 22,24 & 28g ...and Phase 5LP, which is 26g...oh, and 22g LP soft tip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-28-2017, 11:54 PM)Frisco Wrote: Well, I do have Unicorn Mirage Phase 5 in 22,24 & 28g ...and Phase 5LP, which is 26g...oh, and 22g LP soft tip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I can relate ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a set of Carrera C8 and C4. Does that count ?
Proud Dart Tart
Yeap done that myself, bought the whole set of Bulls Revolvers. Now doing in with Jamie Cavin Darts, but luckily they only come in 23 & 25 gram.
(01-29-2017, 12:14 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 11:54 PM)Frisco Wrote: Well, I do have Unicorn Mirage Phase 5 in 22,24 & 28g ...and Phase 5LP, which is 26g...oh, and 22g LP soft tip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I can relate ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They're nice little darts aren't they? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Too bad the LP only comes in 26g though... may end up adding microgrip to the others too...been thinking about painting them as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Skickat från min SM-G928F via Tapatalk
Thankfully I haven't gone this route yet. Prefer sticking to my preferred weight range of 19 - 23g
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I've never done it, but my better half did with the Nicholson darts in both natural and onyx. Then she got an extra set of 24s in each finish because that's her preferred weight. Ten sets of Nicholson darts, she only throws two, and she doesn't throw either one nearly as well as she throws her "super boring" (her words), nice and cheap Datadart Omegas. Ain't love grand?

The only dart I had in 2 different weights were my gen 2 O'Shea's. I originally bought them in 24g, they were my match darts and I wanted to go lighter and got them in 22g. I've sold both sets and stayed with 22g as my preferred weight. I have a set of customs on the way and if I love them as much as I hope, I'll probably order another of the exact same thing as a backup. Two of the same to keep it consistent and if anything happens to the original set.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I'm guilty of this for a few models...

John Lowe WC (21-27g)  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Hankey natural (14-25g)  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bunting Gen 1 (12-23g)  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Fordham atomised (22-26g)  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sigma Pro 970 LP (23-25g) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stem weights Jacob Schaeffer 12 2,970 07-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Dart recommendation for multiple grip types? DagrDart 13 958 01-23-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Do you buy the same dart in multiple weights? Butcher 18 898 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM
Last Post: None80
  Weights from one to the other.... Curtis8976 9 461 02-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Switching weights when in a funk? xxmurrxx 14 1,404 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: whippet0
  How many have multiple sets of same dart? Tez Tickle 43 5,219 04-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Alex
  Dart Weights PecosJoe 6 1,632 01-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Troll