Darts Buddy

Best Player(s) you have personally thrown against
I went to a tournament this past weekend which was a benefit tournament for a fellow player who recently passed away.  I traveled all day and really only went to hang out. I got convinced to play and drew Robbie Phillips.  I didn't know who he was at the time, so I figured I had a chance.  Needless to say he destroyed me. Right before we threw he informed me he was inducted to the Youth Darts Hall of Fame in 99. I later found out he is on the U.S. Men's National team and was ranked in the top 5 in the U.S.  He was really nice, and a great shot. I don't go to many of the big tournaments in the U.S (LV open etc.) as I would not get very far, and waste money.  I'm a pretty good player but definitely not on the "next level" so to speak, and most likely never will be.   Some other notables I have drawn are Chris Linkous, and Mark Fair.
Who else have you all gotten to play? Did you ever play a pro and not know it until after such as myself?
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Probably our own member Leaky to be honest.

I remember one particular time that we played each other in the first round of a little tournament...

Best of 5 legs....

I beat him in the first leg... he then proceeded to throw 3 legs in a row that totaled 35 darts.... (12, 11, 12)

That's pretty much how it goes every time I play him.... mainly because he's an arsehole.

A guy in my league who plays for the team we face tomorrow played super league for some time, cant remember his name but everytime I draw him he brings out the best in me, but i always lose, I played him 8 years ago at an away event and after smashing me in the first leg i took the second leg with 15 darts, he took the third set with 11 darts,.......I finally played him again 6 weeks ago after my break from darts and having only played a few games prior he again smashed the 1st leg, I took the second with 16 darts and he 11 darted me in the 3rd again. either side of this match ive averaged very very poor darts

love playing him, but hate losing
Played CerI Morgan at the Wyken wmc...He stuffed me good and proper in the 1980'same. Lol
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
Played Adrian Lewis twice in the first round when the Las Vegas Dessert Classic had four qualifiers and Adrian was just getting started.  Lost 4-0 and 4-2 - I knew in advance it was going to be a tough hoe - The nice thing about is - at least for me - is you can take the mindset of there's nothing to lose - I think a lot of people struggle to win when "it's someone they know they should beat" as they put a lot of pressure on themselves.
(01-18-2017, 06:34 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Played Adrian Lewis twice in the first round when the Las Vegas Dessert Classic had four qualifiers and Adrian was just getting started.  Lost 4-0 and 4-2 - I knew in advance it was going to be a tough hoe - The nice thing about is - at least for me - is you can take the mindset of there's nothing to lose - I think a lot of people struggle to win when "it's someone they know they should beat" as they put a lot of pressure on themselves.

Would that be the year that Lewis got his 'Jackpot' moniker?

Cheers 
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Have played wolfie, duzza and o'shea in exhibitions
Best player i faced in competition was member from here neil birkin, he beat tony martin that day too
County Durham's worst darter - Hitting single 1 for 22 years now

(01-18-2017, 07:48 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 06:34 PM)Lurker1 Wrote: Played Adrian Lewis twice in the first round when the Las Vegas Dessert Classic had four qualifiers and Adrian was just getting started.  Lost 4-0 and 4-2 - I knew in advance it was going to be a tough hoe - The nice thing about is - at least for me - is you can take the mindset of there's nothing to lose - I think a lot of people struggle to win when "it's someone they know they should beat" as they put a lot of pressure on themselves.

Would that be the year that Lewis got his 'Jackpot' moniker?

Cheers 
Tez

Yup -
Bob Anderson
Larry Butler
Jamie Harvey
Kevin Spiolek
Jerry Umberger
Jim Widmayer

Lost to all of them lol  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I played Wayne Mardle in an exhibition and Mike Smith plays in our Tuesday night darts league,  played him twice, lost both,  my Son played him once and beat him, straight 501 single leg, he also played Chizzy in an exhibition,

Heres a piccy of me v Mardle, and my son with Chizzy,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-19-2017, 12:00 PM)bkbum Wrote: Bob Anderson
Larry Butler
Jamie Harvey
Kevin Spiolek
Jerry Umberger
Jim Widmayer

Lost to all of them lol  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Jerry Umberger the Unicorn sponsored player?
180-1(33)

Ted Hankey, but many years ago so unfortunately no pictures.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

(01-19-2017, 01:23 PM)RubennnV Wrote: Ted Hankey, but many years ago so unfortunately no pictures.

He wasn't much of eye candy back then either ,so not a big lose
180-1(33)

(01-19-2017, 01:50 PM)Troll Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:23 PM)RubennnV Wrote: Ted Hankey, but many years ago so unfortunately no pictures.

He wasn't much of eye candy back then either ,so not a big lose

Lol!
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

(01-19-2017, 12:22 PM)Troll Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 12:00 PM)bkbum Wrote: Bob Anderson
Larry Butler
Jamie Harvey
Kevin Spiolek
Jerry Umberger
Jim Widmayer

Jerry Umberger the Unicorn sponsored player?
Umberger was a US player in the 80's and 90's.  I'm not aware that Unicorn ever sponsored him, but Voks did at one point.  They now sell what was his signature model as the Dominator:

https://voksdarts.com/shop/darts/positronhelix/jgr/

His stats are here:

https://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDe...erKey=1813

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is the better Player? Cricket player or 01 Player *Saber* 54 5,949 04-24-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Best Darts You've Ever Thrown ? Rolaball 58 7,556 03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Verheyen
  Worst feeling setup you've thrown . Rolaball 32 3,120 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Anyone Ever Thrown G-Force Fitton Darts? portsetonloyal 7 1,346 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: portsetonloyal
  Questions to those who own or have thrown Thorntons (long post) Berlin180 17 2,108 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neil
  Have I thrown the most different sets of darts in the world? Getagrip 24 4,742 12-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Getagrip