Darts Buddy

Comment my throw
Hello,

I am practising for almost 1,5 year now. Sometimes i can play very very good . And sometimes i still throw 18s (or worse 4s), 12s (or worse 9s).
I really dont understand because im throw pretty hard. And pushing it to my target.. So couldn't go much wrong i think..

I hope someone can watch my throw and maybe give me some advise that can help.
A comment would be really appreciated.

My throw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSklBd9g...e=youtu.be

Dartsenzo
You may want to work on not moving forward just before release. Keep yourself still while only letting your arm move.
In addition to what Great White North said: It looks like your elbow is pretty low (not in a 90 degree angle) you might want to experiment with holding it up slightly more so that it's parallel with the floor.
(01-18-2017, 05:03 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: In addition to what Great White North said: It looks like your elbow is pretty low (not in a 90 degree angle) you might want to experiment with holding it up slightly more so that it's parallel with the floor.

Thanks for your reaction.

I tried it and it doens't feel right for me.. How important is it to have a nice level elbow?
(01-19-2017, 02:08 PM)Dartsenzo Wrote: Thanks for your reaction.

I tried it and it doens't feel right for me.. How important is it to have a nice level elbow?

If it doesn't feel right I wouldn't force it.

Depends on the person throwing I guess, for example MvG has his a bit lower than most pro's. Clearly works for him Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hitting to the left or right of your target is related to your horizontal accuracy.

Poor horizontal accuracy usually means there's medial or lateral shoulder rotation during your throw. To a lesser degree, there can also be horizontal shoulder adduction or abduction. To an even lesser degree, there can be a small amount ulnar or radial flexion of the wrist. 

Having a stable arm while throwing, and thus preventing the undesirable movements I enumerated, is really where lies a large part of the difficulty in playing darts. The ability to control your arm movements is achieved by a process called motor learning. It essentially requires repetition of movement through practice and the effects are fortunately relatively permanent. So, not only is horizontal accuracy difficult to achieve, it also require hard work to get better at it.

He's a simple exercise you can do to quickly improve your horizontal accuracy. Find pieces of strings, twines or cut thin slices of paper and pin them vertically on your board as such:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Take as many darts as your hand can hold, and aim one dart at each string consecutively. You can start from the bottom and move higher from there to fill each of the strings. 

Motor learning is more successful when the movement is repeated in succession without down time, this is why I suggest using a large number of darts and throwing them consecutively, even if they're of varying weight, rather than to throw three and retrieve them.

With this exercise, you'll quickly build a sense of what it feels like to throw the dart off.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RE: Need Help to Comment/Review my Grip Dumbeedum 0 447 10-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Dumbeedum