Harrows Darts.

Daytona Fires in Acetone
So I am really curious to how acetone would react with the titanium nitride coating. Do you think it would ruin the feel of the grip? I am so eager to see what these darts would look like without the paint. I think they'd look great.

I'm just not brave enough to try without some insight. I don't imagine many people have gone dipping their £90 darts in chemicals, so could anyone make an educated guess?
I haven't seen a dart coating affected by acetone yet. Back when I studied organic chemistry we splashed it everywhere to dry glassware and there was no concern of it dissolving any surfaces or needing to show much care with it at all, lol.

I would do it if they were mine, but it's up to you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. Maybe email Target?

Have a look at this thread to see gold Beaton's and black coated Stratos that have had the acetone treatment.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...nt+removed
That's encouraging.

Someone should do it for all to see.

For science. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Painting and coating are to different things. I think it's not possible to remove coating with acetone.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
(01-18-2017, 12:27 PM)TheRedBit Wrote: Painting and coating are to different things. I think it's not possible to remove coating with acetone.

This is my experience...i tried to remove the blue coating (?) of my Muramatsu-Darts (Rising Sun) and Aceton had no effect.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I believe you need a sand blaster for the titanium coating. Someone posted a pic of their Cortex darts with it removed once. Acetone only works on the paint
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
would white spirit work the same? thinking of doing my mvg demolishers
the MVG darts are just paint so soak them in acetone for 15 minutes should work fine. the paint on my mighty generation just comes off if i scrape it with a dart point lol
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
will white spirit them later then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've also used a wire wheel to take off the paint and clean my darts before, made my old priestleys nice and shiny Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
well 15 minute soak in white spirit did nothing haha, oh well i'll leave em be, it sonly 3 green rings
Maybe after I've had them a bit longer I'll give it a go and post the results.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Struggeling with the Daytona's... Martin Tiimothy 3 766 05-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  TARGET DAYTONA DF-10/11? Worth $150? JASnKAI_808 15 2,835 05-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Paul Lim vs Daytona fire? John_B 10 2,363 06-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: John_B
  Acetone vs Logos on Stems Humdinger 7 1,088 03-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Last Post: RubennnV