Harrows Darts.

Trouble with elbow and wrist
Would gladly accept any advice as to keeping my elbow stationary and stopping my wrist from affecting hitting my target. 
Some days I feel I've made some progression in hitting my spots and others not so much. 
Looking to achieve a repeatable throw that feels comfortable and becomes more second nature.
Flight school
Agree with flight school completely.

Also, it helps me to focus on launching the dart upwards and not throwing at the target. Sounds strange but if I throw at the target I throw harder (which can lead to incredible inconsistency) and it also pulls my elbow down. If I focus on launching the dart upwards (while still aiming at the target of course) my elbow stays up and my follow through ends up pointing at the target. Try visualizing throwing a wad of paper into a waste basket. You don't really throw at the basket but launch the paper upwards while still aiming at the basket.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

(01-18-2017, 02:15 PM)ranger86 Wrote: Agree with flight school completely.  

Also, it helps me to focus on launching the dart upwards and not throwing at the target.  Sounds strange but if I throw at the target I throw harder (which can lead to incredible inconsistency) and it also pulls my elbow down. If I focus on launching the dart upwards (while still aiming at the target of course) my elbow stays up and my follow through ends up pointing at the target.  Try visualizing throwing a wad of paper into a waste basket.  You don't really throw at the basket but launch the paper upwards while still aiming at the basket.

Sounds like a weird description first... But that is exactly what i do... Couldnt express it in words better... +1

And the best... It helps Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Think I understand about the upwards movement but feel when I focus on this I lose some ability to keep the darts line in comparison to the target if that makes any sense.
A while back I alerted my throw to more of a finesse very similar to RVB (personal fav) but felt like I was more lofting the dart up as opposed to firing down the sight line at the target

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Limp wrist or locked Gooddark 10 567 10-16-2020, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Dutcho
  Elbow help! JamesS97180 3 274 04-15-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Twisted wrist when throwing Schiavoni 6 1,000 10-22-2019, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Schiavoni
  Is my elbow ok? Troll 4 450 09-20-2019, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  elbow bdebbane 3 494 05-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bdebbane
  please-Help-throw-problem-wrist-movement FelixDarter180 2 1,545 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: zhaoz
  Double Trouble HuNgRy_LiOn 8 804 08-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Trainman
  elbow up? Spike Adams 6 1,034 07-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Devil 10
  Importance of the Wrist Shep 4 742 03-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  hooking my wrist on the release Larryg 11 998 02-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Larryg