Darts Buddy

Cuesoul Dragon 24g darts reveiw

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLt4brOm7Vk

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Another set from Cuesoul darts, these are the Dragon 24g.  Only available in 24g and they are 90% tungsten with a gold ti coating, there is also a blue and black version available.  They retail for $69 which is around £56 but I dont think there was any in stock on their Amazon site when I last checked.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the same cool looking book style box as the Black Scorpions I reveiwed recently and are supplied with 2 sets of stems which are a two tone polycarbonate but curiously came fitted with rubber O-Rings.  There is 4 sets of flights in gold and silver which are pre-slotted and in standard shape:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

The barrels are a long straight barrel design with a thin cut ring grip for most of the barrel mixed in with 3 bands with circular indents and a smooth section just front of centre.  At first the grip felt like a medium to high medium level but felt a little more grippier when throwing but because of the smooth section I would say it just about between a high medium and a high level grip with the rear feeling the grippiest part.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were and exact match and third just two hundredths of a gram heavier:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front of centre:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these mostly right near the nose:

CONCLUSION:

Its another beuatifully presented set of darts from Cuesoul and once again a very nice looking dart too.  This is more a traditional shape than the Black Scorpions but very long also at 54mm.  I thought I would be getting a lot of fishtailing because of the length but they actually flew quite smoothly  and quite effortlessy too.  Grip as I said above felt a little grippier when throwing but it was a nice grip on the whole and not too sticky.

With a medium grip I was kind of mostly on the smooth section but still had some of the ring grip so it was fine for me gripwise and it was nicely balanced there but I did seem to get more spin.  It flew well enough for me though so should be fine for natrual middle grippers.

From the rear it was surprising even better for me, I even hit a couple of T20s LOL!  I can see this been a good dart for people that grip at the rear with their remaining fingers resting along the barrel, it was certainly the most grippy there too.

As is often the case with straight barrel darts they can suit a lot of styles I guess it depends if you like very long barrels or not.  For me I have got more used to throwing longer barrels and while these were not bad at all I think may be just a bit too long for me.

They are very nicely made again and machining is fine the only difficult part is getting hold of them, hopefully that will improve soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (look great)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 exact
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 7 (not bad, a little cheaper would be better)
Suitability for me: 7 (not too bad)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Sweet looking darts, packaging looks great too, and I'm very happy they aren't easy to buy as my wallet is crying already lol

Lovely pics and another fine review Darren, nice work Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Lovely looking barrel, thanks for the review grip will check it out later.
Theese look nice I'm messing with some straight darts at the moment
an old set of winmau navigators
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g (why change for something else that probably doesn't work lol)
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HOWAY THE LADS Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. "BRUCE OUT" 

Nice looking darts, also really like the packaging that Cuesoul darts come in.

Thanks for a great review again Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
These look really good, great review Darren. would like to add these to my collection funds permitting.
They will have to wait though as there are other more urgent items on my want list at the moment
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
One80 Dragons anyone?
Isn't that too expensive 56 quid?
180-1(33)

Nice review as always Darren. :thumbup:

Agree with Ryan as they do look very similar to the One80 Dragons.
They look great, would really suit my grip I think. Just too expensive.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
I think they look pretty cool. Drop the weight a couple grams I'd be all over these
Great review Darren. Definitely great looking darts, but too long for me and around £20 too expensive.

As said, they look like One80 Dragon's, and to be called Dragon's themselves is a bit unimaginative.
Nice ,,, Gold ,,, I like Gold,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well done Darren once again .
Not my dimentions ,but a great looking dart nonetheless.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Upon reflection I altered the ratings for value a little but having said that as whole package I think its very much inline with the current market trends but I think around £10 less would be better. I don't think the weak pound helps much but I don't know if these came out before Brexit but even if not I suspect the price was already set then which at the old pre Brexit exchange rate would have made these a much more reasonable £46 or less.

Yes they do look similar to the One80 Dragons too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul John Michael Darts Review Getagrip 8 269 04-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cuesoul Aurora 23g darts review Getagrip 25 8,555 04-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Winmau Jeff Smith 23g darts reveiw Getagrip 18 13,812 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM
  Cuesoul Glory 24g darts review Getagrip 14 5,954 12-03-2017, 05:27 PM
  Unicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4 23g darts reveiw Getagrip 33 18,805 12-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  Cuesoul Glory 22g darts review Getagrip 2 1,947 11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
  Cuesoul Armour 23g darts review Getagrip 21 10,099 06-26-2017, 08:59 AM
  Cuesoul Black Scorpion 24g darts review Getagrip 23 14,283 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: hardy73
  Voks Bomber 18g darts reveiw Getagrip 10 8,309 07-20-2016, 10:35 AM
  Unicorn 2017 Kim Huybrechts Premier 24g darts reveiw Getagrip 15 8,051 07-20-2016, 10:25 AM