Harrows Darts.

Help with Gary Anderson darts
Ok guys, looking for some advice on how to tweak my setup to make it work for me. I just bought the phase 3 WC edition Gary Anderson darts because I like Gary Anderson as a player and really like the dart itself. They are 23g version, little heavy for my but the issue is the length 52.4? I believe.

I normally throw 49-51mm, my match darts right now are modified 21g chizzy golds, I threw 22g Daytona fires for a while as my match darts and also 21g MVG's, 22g gen 2 Oshea's... all straight barrel and between 49-51mm in length. I can throw them all consistently well, it's just preference and the chizzy's are most comfortable to throw so I'm using them now.

Now for the Anderson's, anytime I throw them, they land tail down. I've tried short shafts and it helps, intermediate shafts, I use shape flights, I've tried standard flights. I get some darts perfectly flat in the board, others slightly tail up, but majority of them, are tail down and just doesn't feel comfortable. I'm trying to give them a chance before I sell them, so any suggestions on shaft/flight combo or any ideas how to make it work for me. I know some darts just dont fly well for certain people and i think this may be one of them for me, but id like to try an adjust before giving them up
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Bobby George big wing flights? Also, I used Unicorn slikstiks (the fully plastic ones) which are lighter shafts I think, because for me the darts land too tail up.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Have you tried long stems/ shafts? It might be the trick, combined with big flights as another user mentioned.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I also prefer 50/51mm barrels but the Phase 3 23g Ando's seem to work well for me too at 52.4mm
Using them with a short stem and standard flights. Perhaps it;s the way you grip the darts? I hold them around 3/4 at the end of the barrel.
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-17-2017, 08:46 PM)JDooner94 Wrote: Have you tried long stems/ shafts? It might be the trick, combined with big flights as another user mentioned.

I've tried medium stems, which for me is long. I think that makes it worse
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(01-17-2017, 08:49 PM)RubennnV Wrote: I also prefer 50/51mm barrels but the Phase 3 23g Ando's seem to work well for me too at 52.4mm
Using them with a short stem and standard flights. Perhaps it;s the way you grip the darts? I hold them around 3/4 at the end of the barrel.

Very possibly my grip, I'm a rear gripper. Ive noticed if I grip the very rear of the dart (Anderson darts) it helps, but I naturally hold the longer darts more in the middle, I use the same finger spacing and grip as if it was a 50mm barrel, which means im not as far back on the barrel with the Gary Anderson dart.

More time I'm sure I can adjust, I'm not throwing them too much now as we are in playoffs and I'm trying to practice with the same set as much as possible. Just looking for ideas right now
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Huge flights (big wings) and teeny tiny extra short stems? Think they only come in aluminium though...

Do you use rings or flight protectors? If so, scrap both. I know they don't weigh a lot but worth a try.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
(01-21-2017, 09:21 AM)Alex Wrote: Huge flights (big wings) and teeny tiny extra short stems? Think they only come in aluminium though...

Do you use rings or flight protectors? If so, scrap both. I know they don't weigh a lot but worth a try.

I was using cosmo number 3 shaft and shape flight yesterday and it was going better. I just had to adjust my grip and hold farther back than I'm comfortable. Definitely won't be my match darts but I was able to throw them decent
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(01-21-2017, 08:55 PM)John_B Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:21 AM)Alex Wrote: Huge flights (big wings) and teeny tiny extra short stems? Think they only come in aluminium though...

I was using cosmo number 3 shaft and shape flight yesterday and it was going better. I just had to adjust my grip and hold farther back than I'm comfortable. Definitely won't be my match darts but I was able to throw them decent
Good. Glad to hear it. Its nice being able to throw a dart you've spent good money on but I wouldn't like to adjust my grip for my dart, as I'd forget what's natural and end up ruining my throw! It's strange how some darts can be very similar in terms of length and weight but throw so differently
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Gary Anderson Code Edition vanJupp 8 987 06-22-2020, 10:02 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Gary Anderson Phase 4 Phenohyte 52 14,929 05-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Koivu