Darts Buddy

Hi from the frozen north
Hi folks. Great forum.
-How you got into darts. 
I played (around) at darts a bit growing up. Just the old plastic darts and cheap boards and forgot about it as I got older.
Had foot surgery and was watching the darts on TV.
We get a couple of PDC events here, far after they are over.
The Premier League and Worlds piqued my interest so I bought a modest board and cabinet.
3 months later, the board is beat almost to being unrecognizable, the wires are breaking and I get a bounce out about every 6th dart so today I just bought a Blade 4.

-Soft tip or steel tip player

So far just steel tip. Never tried soft tip but I might given the chance.

-Any good memories with darts...like a crazy 167 check-out, hitting a 5 count on bulls to win a Cricket match, etc..

No real memories yet. I'm just getting to the point where I am getting actual checkouts.

-What types of darts do you use. Do you collect old darts? Any new darts you have your eye on. 
So far I have the two sets that came with the cheap board which are good for using the points to tighten the shafts.
I have a couple of inexpensive brass darts at 22 and 24 grams and a set of Viper "The Freak" steel darts at 22 grams.
I've had to change my grip to use those as the weight is fairly rearward.

I have ordered a couple of inexpensive sets from Red Dragon. The Defender 23g and the Wildfire A at 24g
I'll wait until I give them a good period of time to get used to them before I start looking for better ones, if I even bother. I don't think I will become a collector but you never know. I do have that kind of personality but I am too cheap to spend a fortune on them. I already have a couple of other expensive hobbies.

-Favorite pro player if you watch it on TV/youtube

I'm not sure I have a favourite although I do enjoy watching MVG when he is on fire.
RVB, Anderson, Wade.
I also enjoyed the BDO recently.

-How long you've been playing. 
3 months so far, just in the basement. Looking into local leagues as of a few hours ago.

-Any friends that post here/brought you here. 
I came here after doing a google search for various darts.
A couple of good reviewers on You Tube including Getagrip. Thanks for that.
Couldn't find any on the darts I was looking at which were the Wildfire and especially the Amberjacks. In particular the Amberjack 5 in 24g
So I got the less expensive ones to try out before I drop bigger $$$

-If you play in leagues, tournaments, etc.

Not yet but I plan to as much as possible.
There is a Legion a couple of blocks from my house that has leagues.
I just dropped in earlier today to inquire.

-Any issues in your game or something you want to work on. We can steer you to the right forum. 

Haha. Everything.
Trying to sort out my best grip, stance etc. 
Just a matter of time and practice.

-Possible darts you may be interested in.

I really like the looks of the Amberjacks but there are too many styles out there.
Hopefully I can narrow down the selections a bit over the next while.

So far my best 3 darts score in practice is 140.
No 180s yet but I have come very close a few times with 135 but the non-titanium darts I'm throwing are too big to squeeze in unless you hit it just right.
I'll probably mainly lurk although I do hope to review the darts I have coming once I get used to them.
Nice to meet you all,

Bob
Hello Bob, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome!
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome to the NUTZ, Wiley! Great intro! Settle in and enjoy the forum!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome,,,,Enjoy,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice intro....yep, you're Nutz!   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Welcome to the forum guy!
Hi Bob. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Just bumped a review by a member who has one of the amberjacks.  Take a look guy-might assist in the decision making.
Welcome Bob

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Welcome
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum, thanks for the intro, good to meet you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Welcome along Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Welcome Bob Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi All from rainy North London carlos 15 264 11-30-2020, 12:55 AM
Last Post: sercolini
  Greetings from the North jgoldsney 14 221 11-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Hazza
  Dropping in from North Carolina, USA Jc9898 14 512 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Last Post: derryfilm
  Hello from North Carolina Tpro3131 20 549 10-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: The New Sensation
  Hello all from North Carolina. Spalpeen 17 391 07-23-2019, 11:49 PM