Unicorn

Changed myself into playing worse
changed from a 4 finger grip back to pencil grip and changed my darts (was using monster ogre v, now cosmo goldfinger) All was smooth at first but things started to go downhill. 2 weeks in, cant seem to find my stroke anymore, release is wrong, holding the dart feels uncomfortable, stance feels uncomfortable, practice leads to much frustration (doing a1 used to be really fun) walking up to the oche feels dreadful and that leads to halfhearted matches. At first i blamed it on the barrel, tried others but still the same. 
Thoughts of quitting keeps swirling in my head, like how i am just not meant for this. But i always convince myself back again by telling myself i have played better and it will pass. Just cant seem to find the joy of shooting anymore. Practicing for the sake of practicing cuz i still have league going on but my confidence is literally dropping with every session. Help~
Thats exactly what im afraid of and why i (probably) never will change my 4-finger-grip...the fear to open pandora's box

You could return to your comfort grip?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think everybody goes through periods of highs and lows in their game.   It sounds to me like you did a lot of wholesale changes in not only your choice of dart, but you said your grip, stance, etc.     

There may have been a bit of a "Honeymoon Period" where it all worked great, then the honeymoon got over and then the darts started flowing with their own agenda and not necessarily your best interests in mind, and by your own admission, you are frustrated.   That in turn leads to more frustration and negativity creeps into your game and undermines any confidence you once had.

My advice is to step back, take a short break and give it a go in a few days.   You obviously aren't accomplishing anything now, unless you call wanting to quit playing an accomplishment.
I changed a lot of things but the one thing I could never change comfortably was my grip on the dart, nothing ever felt right, so I'm stuck with it.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dont use finger or hand ,just take darts with your big worm and chuck them away
180-1(33)

Cant revert back to my previous grip, it doesnt feel the same anymore. Have thought of taking a break previously but as mentioned due to league, i couldnt. Lucky for me my last league match is in 3 days and the next league is 1 month after that, i might take a few days break to "reset" myself. 
My initially plan was to practice out of it but like what someone above mentioned, it would most probably lead to more frustration and developing bad habits or worse, dartitis (eek!) 
Think i really brought this upon myself by changing so many stuff at once.
A break without darts is probably a good solution...i would tend to "overthink" in these situations
(01-16-2017, 05:31 PM)theblindPew Wrote: A break without darts is probably a good solution...i would tend to "overthink" in these situations

That is the plan i guess. I keep having this expectation of myself to be able to constantly perform at the standard of my decent/good days and it frustrates me when i cant. So yeah, a break (finally. Just cant seem to not touch my darts for one day) to gather myself again should be the way to go for now.
Don't quit Ventuss! But a break might be a great idea.

I faced this horror a couple of years ago. I was frustrated at not getting better and started to change my grip and went through numerous different sets of darts with various types of grip patterns.

My throw went to hell. The wall around my dart board got destroyed. Literally. It ended up where I literally was barely hitting the board. I packed it in for a good few weeks and one day I just picked up a set and threw without thinking. It came back, thankfully. I'll never be good but I'm thankful I can throw and get a bit of enjoyment.

If I change anything now I do so with caution but I don't mess with the way I hold the dart!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I was in tears last week . I was in worse situation then you .And best advice in this situation I can give you is . Sit down and look on your game .Try thinking what you can improve and what you need to change .Then when you are ready start doing those things
180-1(33)

Thank you all for the advice. Imma take a few days break after my final league match and thrn come back and practice through this while stating positive.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting worse over time János Gönczi 12 483 08-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Last Post: volla
  Playing on your own v Playing against an opponent Dan180 6 509 02-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Dan180
  My games getting worse, any tips Skillphil0514 11 1,135 01-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Last Post: notoffee