Target Darts.

Lisa Ashton Wins Title for 3rd Time (match report)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lisa Ashton was crowned women's world champion for a third time after recording a comprehensive straight sets victory over eighth seed Corrine Hammond in Saturday's final. Hammond battled valiantly, but Ashton was always in control and recorded an impressive 3-0 victory with an 81.81 average.

'The Lancashire Rose' stormed to the first set without reply. She began by nailing a 51 kill with her first dart at double, before extending her lead after following her first maximum with a clinical 14-darter. The second seed endured some double-trouble as she attempted to close out the set, but she eventually pegged D1 to wrap up the opener.

The second set was a much more even affair. Hammond registered her first leg via D16 after both players missed darts at double, and the Australian then posted her first maximum as she attempted to make inroads into Lisa's throw. Ashton responded superbly however; levelling with a 64 finish to complete a 15-dart hold.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hammond regained the initiative with a tremendous 107 kill after Ashton wired the bull for a 121, but the second seed responded. Lisa forced a set decider after nailing D8 to round-off an 18-dart hold, before clinching a nervy leg on D2 to double her advantage, after the Australian produced her worst leg of the match at an inopportune time.

The eighth seed was faced with an uphill task but left D18 after 15 darts as she attempted to battle back after the interval. Nevertheless, she wasn't afforded a shot as Ashton dispatched a two-dart 52 kill to draw first blood in set three.

Hammond levelled with a scrappy hold on D16, but 'The Lancashire Rose' converted a clinical two-dart 77 checkout for a 14-dart hold to move to the brink of victory. The Australian continued to battle but it was no to avail, as Ashton sank tops to scoop the £12,000 winner's cheque and secure her third World Championship crown.
Well done to her too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent job from Lisa! A whole new class with 3 titles now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Well done!

Hopefully the BDO will finally give the ladies more sets. Best of 3 sets feels not like a game.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
"Barry Hearn says ladies world champ would be welcome at the Grand Slam of Darts, but up to the BDO to divide 8 BDO spots. @LisaAshton70" - Bob Anderson on twitter

What do you think?
(01-16-2017, 10:34 PM)Am@deus Wrote: "Barry Hearn says ladies world champ would be welcome at the Grand Slam of Darts, but up to the BDO to divide 8 BDO spots. @LisaAshton70" - Bob Anderson on twitter

What do you think?

Think it would be better not to send the women's champion. No offense but I'm afraid they will just get destroyed.
Hi Fellow DartsNutz

Yes way to go Lisa Great Ladies Champion.

What I can't understand is why in the H... want Unicorn, Target, Harrows, Winmau, Red Dragon, Bulls, SHOT/Puma or One80 Darts give her a full ride or even just entry fees and some travel money/pounds. She is bye far the Best Ladies Player without a Major Sponsor. She is much better than most that do have support from a major dart manufacturer? Just don't get it.

Lisa throws a John Lowe/Andy Fordham style dart so you know they would sell that style of bullet dart is very popular.

My 2 Cents
Bret
Dart Teams: Nighthawks 13 time FWDA City Champions and 14 time MDA City Champions.
Current Team: Tonnage 2 time FWDA City Champions

https://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bret1...t=3&page=1

Current Darts: 
Back Up:
(01-16-2017, 10:34 PM)Am@deus Wrote: "Barry Hearn says ladies world champ would be welcome at the Grand Slam of Darts, but up to the BDO to divide 8 BDO spots. @LisaAshton70" - Bob Anderson on twitter

What do you think?

The pressure of playing against a woman can get to the men...look at vvdv when Anastasia beat him...
Lisa would know in herself what to expect but look at the money in it for her compared with the ladies game....if I was in her shoes I would find it hard to turn down....nothing expected from her,no pressure and a great experience with decent money to go along with it
(01-17-2017, 08:37 PM)bret23 Wrote: Hi Fellow DartsNutz

Yes way to go Lisa Great Ladies Champion.

What I can't understand is why in the H... want Unicorn, Target, Harrows, Winmau, Red Dragon, Bulls, SHOT/Puma or One80 Darts give her a full ride or even just entry fees and some travel money/pounds. She is bye far the Best Ladies Player without a Major Sponsor. She is much better than most that do have support from a major dart manufacturer? Just don't get it.

Lisa throws a John Lowe/Andy Fordham style dart so you know they would sell that style of bullet dart is very popular.

My 2 Cents
Bret

Well, I am not sure but if I am right there are only three ladies, whose darts you can buy at the moment. Deta Hedman with One80, Trina Gulliver with Winmau and Anastasia with Monster Darts. Here in the forum, I only see the Monster darts from Anastasia posted from time to time, the others very rarely. And Anastasia always had a bigger fanbase than any other lady in darts. So I think lady darts simply don't sell well enough to justify a contract. Also don't forget beside Lakesides the BDO and especially the ladies darts don't have much time on the television and so they are not to popular.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,408 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Scott Waites Reflects On Life After Winning Second World Title hamo 8 3,432 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Banz
  Danish darts dame aiming for the world title hamo 2 956 01-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jc14