Harrows Darts.

Harrows Glen Durrant 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh61FiPLwM0

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

I actually bought these 4th of January 2016!  Got them from Madhouse darts along with a few other sets that I still have not reviewed!  I used the forum discount at the time but cant remember what the exact total was, I think it came to around £24 something with the delivery, the present price at Madhouse is £24.63 you can find them here: https://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=durrant&dispatch=products.search

The darts are 90% tungsten and the set I am reviewing is the 24g version and there is also a 22 and 26 gram version.

I started the video review Dec 11th and Glen had recently won the World Masters and the last part of the review I did on Wedensday 11th just before he nearly got beat by Paul Hogan Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you may know Glen is from the Boro same as me, same age I think too, I believe he comes from Grangetown and played at the Grangetown Boys Club when he was younger, my late brother used to play for them too, mostly in football but he won a few trophies for darts and other things too.  So it is kind of nice to be reviewing a local lads darts and I wish him well in the next match Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip black stems in medium and Harrows Pear shape Duzza flights in red and white:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

Its a classic straight barrel ring grip dart, very much like the Bristow style of barrel so a tried and tested design.  The edges if the rings are fairly sharply defined and upon throwing the darts it felt a little grippier than I first thought but I would say its just about a high medium overall.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels where an exact match and the third just two hundredths of a gram difference:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was pretty much even weighted just slightly front of centre:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right at the front, where else!? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

As these are straight barrel darts I did not expect any surprises as I say many times they can suit a variety of grip positions.  What did surprise me though was how well they fly with the pear flights, I nearly always use standard flights as they tend to give me the right amount of stability and float that I like but these felt quite effortless to throw with the supplied set up and seem to really spear through the air!  Stability was fine too although I got a bit of spin but curiously I was wathching Glen throw and he seemed to be getting a lot of spin too, I usually prefer not to have too much spin but I think it kind works well with these.  I have not even bothered switching to standards yet, expect for the slo-mo test in the video, been quite happy with them as they are really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They did seem to land quite flat in the board too.

As for middle grippers I think it was certainly better balanced around the middle as you would expect with a straight barrel dart and even for me they flew well enough so I dont see any reasons they wont suit natural middle grippers.

From the rear was much the same again, was not too bad for me so should be good if its your natural grip, I did not even notice them spinning as crazy as darts normally do when throwing from the rear, not sure if thats a good a bad thing as such, just an observation I guess Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  The only thing with the rear is there is a smooth section there but you could be fine with that but I guess its down to whether you need grip or not.

On the whole its a nice dart but a classis style that never really goes out of fashion because it can suit and work well for many, its just all down to what length and thickness you like and if the ring grip suits, but I did feel they fly quite well for me so I'm happy enough with them.

Price is not bad at all for a players dart although you could argue its a basic style but at less then £25 its not too bad and they are nicely made.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (fine)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (nearly perfect, 2 exact)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 7.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 8 (good darts)

Best Feature: Good all rounder really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Fantastic timing Darren, have been contemplating these, trigger, pulled Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the great pics as usual Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
I'd like to see some comparison shots of these and similar others like Kellet, Bristow obviously, O'Shea, Chizzy...

Nice darts.
Im surprised at the grip level on these
(01-14-2017, 06:56 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I'd like to see some comparison shots of these and similar others like Kellet, Bristow obviously, O'Shea, Chizzy...

Nice darts.

Left to Right (O'shea - Bristow - Duzza) all 24 gr.
the edging on the O'shea darts is not visible any more because of usage  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review the perfect time. And it seems a nice dart also. I hope I'll get them soon.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-14-2017, 07:42 PM)bartdenuijl Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 06:56 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I'd like to see some comparison shots of these and similar others like Kellet, Bristow obviously, O'Shea, Chizzy...

Nice darts.

[Image: https://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss28...52553B.jpg]

the edging on the O'shea darts is not visible any more because of usage  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Excelent!  Don't forget to post this picture into this new thread :-) It will perfectly fit there.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=24646
Good darts - maybe of the new BDO World Champion! You'll be on the edge of your seat tomorrow, won't you, Darren? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the review Darren.

A nice dart, luckily a design that doesn't tempt me too much. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Another great review and another set purchased but in 22g for me. Surprised Banz hasn't commented yet.
(01-14-2017, 11:21 PM)Tlowe Wrote: Another great review and another set purchased but in 22g for me. Surprised Banz hasn't commented yet.

Well, I was out last night at our league's annual awards night so still a little dusty...  But yes, how can I resist commenting on this thread??!?

Lovely review and pics as ever Darren.  I have wondered about getting a set of the 24's but I'll probably end up buying another set of 22g as spares.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Fine review as always Darren. :thumbup:

Grip level rating by yourself a bit higher than I expected.  Nice clean looking straight and simple timeless barrel. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yup ... I concur . Great review . Iconic dart design . Very similar to those mentioned .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(01-15-2017, 03:31 AM)Banz Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 11:21 PM)Tlowe Wrote: Another great review and another set purchased but in 22g for me. Surprised Banz hasn't commented yet.

Well, I was out last night at our league's annual awards night so still a little dusty...  But yes, how can I resist commenting on this thread??!?

Lovely review and pics as ever Darren.  I have wondered about getting a set of the 24's but I'll probably end up buying another set of 22g as spares.

Sounds like a good night was had Banz! I did consider the 24g myself but I've got a set of Bristows in 24g and my preferred weight is 22g so the choice was easy. These darts are a great price everywhere so they seem like really good value. Also I'll take this opportunity to say good luck to Duzza, I'll be watching the game on YouTube tomorrow morning!
22g Peter Wright Mamba
(01-14-2017, 06:49 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Fantastic timing Darren, have been contemplating these, trigger, pulled Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the great pics as usual Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks DM, hope you like them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice darts.

Yes and I would like to have the time to do such things but sadly my time is super limited Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. The reviews from start to finish take around 10 to twelves hours to do, that includes everything from setting up equipment and taking pics then setting up 2 cameras and spending hours syncing and editing everything together then posting the reviews on the forum in written form and all the uploading and organising of images and then posting on the various social media sites as well as playing with them a bit longer to get an idea of how they fly.

In between all that I have to run the forum, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and answer many emails, PM'S and messages from all of the things connected with it, I spent over 3 hours answering messages the other day.

So I just don't have the time to start searching through 100's sets of darts to do such comparison pics, I would love to have the luxury of lots of spare time to do that but its just not possible sadly, also I am not even sure which of those models I still have as a lot are given away in comps or may be sold or swapped to others and finally you probably wont appreciate any of that problem unless you know me like some others on here do lol I am like a hoarder and I literally have boxes of darts things everywhere, just this last hour I have been searching like crazy for my re-pointer but I cant find it, its annoying but my own fault for not been organised Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But nice to see another member has posted a comparison pic Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2017, 07:08 PM)Del Wrote: Im surprised at the grip level on these

For me a 6 is medium, they felt just a little more grippy when I threw them so I gave them a 7 but I think they will wear to a 6 in a couple of weeks and in the long term probably to a 5.

(01-14-2017, 07:42 PM)bartdenuijl Wrote:

Nice darts.

[Image: https://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss28...52553B.jpg]

Great job, thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2017, 07:48 PM)copigme Wrote: Great review the perfect time. And it seems a nice dart also. I hope I'll get them soon.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers John Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2017, 09:52 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Good darts - maybe of the new BDO World Champion! You'll be on the edge of your seat tomorrow, won't you, Darren? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Well I think he is going to be really devastated if he does not win, but Noppert is very good so wont be easy for him Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2017, 11:17 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren.

A nice dart, luckily a design that doesn't tempt me too much. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks! But don't blame me if you go bankrupt lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate, did you like the pic of the Transporter? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-15-2017, 03:42 AM)Great White North Wrote: Fine review as always Darren. :thumbup:

Grip level rating by yourself a bit higher than I expected.  Nice clean looking straight and simple timeless barrel. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Brad Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I was thinking about a 6 but I just kind of felt the edges of the rings more when I threw them so they felt a bit grippier then, so I went for a high medium 7 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-15-2017, 03:52 AM)The G Wrote: Yup ... I concur . Great review . Iconic dart design . Very similar to those mentioned .
But Duzza !!!!  I wouldn't be caught dead using his darts .

LOL cheers Ken! You not a Duzza fan then?

(01-15-2017, 10:45 AM)Tlowe Wrote:

Sounds like a good night was had Banz! I did consider the 24g myself but I've got a set of Bristows in 24g and my preferred weight is 22g so the choice was easy. These darts are a great price everywhere so they seem like really good value. Also I'll take this opportunity to say good luck to Duzza, I'll be watching the game on YouTube tomorrow morning!

Hopefully it will be good for Glen Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 35 10,498 08-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: JakeStiebs
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 12 1,107 08-16-2021, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 383 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
  Harrows Damon Heta Darts Review Getagrip 11 617 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 11,402 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 673 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 867 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 837 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,439 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 1,574 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM