Target Darts.

DIY Raised Oche
Right so I was looking up some diy raised oche and they all looked nice but fair to complicated for me.

So with a strip of 1x1" and two straps of 4x0.5" wood, a bit of glue and 4 wood nails I made this...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Previously I was using a scratched line on the floor:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And now because my oche goes through a doorway I can use a small piece of kit like this to have a nice raised oche and as you can see it lines up perfect with the line:

That's all really was just quite chuffed with myself for this and felt the impulse to share it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 
P.S Can an admin please spellcheck the thread title. Mistyped Oche.

Good job! A raised oche is definitely worth it even if it takes up some space. No need to look at the ground now.

You can edit your own title by clicking on "full edit" in your original post.
(01-13-2017, 01:31 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: Good job! A raised oche is definitely worth it even if it takes up some space. No need to look at the ground now.

You can edit your own title by clicking on "full edit" in your original post.
Yeh I've only had a couple throw as it's late but I've noticed I can focus a lot better - ah I'll do that next time I go on the actual forum site. Can't do it from Tapatalk

(01-13-2017, 01:33 AM)Harry_ Wrote: Yeh I've only had a couple throw as it's late but I've noticed I can focus a lot better - ah I'll do that next time I go on the actual forum site. Can't do it from Tapatalk

Think that can be done too, click the post and a button "edit title" should show. Not sure if it works on android though.
(01-13-2017, 01:37 AM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 01:33 AM)Harry_ Wrote: Yeh I've only had a couple throw as it's late but I've noticed I can focus a lot better - ah I'll do that next time I go on the actual forum site. Can't do it from Tapatalk

Think that can be done too, click the post and a button "edit title" should show. Not sure if it works on android though.
Good a stuff. Cheers mate

Nice simple solution for a raised oche, +1 from me. :thumbup:
Well done!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Great idea, nicely done
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Looks fine to me, beats my bit of tape on the floor anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-13-2017, 10:03 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Looks fine to me, beats my bit of tape on the floor anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm surprised you've not got a nice platform with fancy led light etc

(01-13-2017, 02:33 PM)Harry_ Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 10:03 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Looks fine to me, beats my bit of tape on the floor anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm surprised you've not got a nice platform with fancy led light etc

LOL I thought about it but I would have to get someone to make it for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I use a length of 2x2 secured to the floor with velcro. Easy to pull up when not in use and takes quite a bit of kicking to kick it unstuck.
I've swapped the duct tape oches at both bars I play in for velcro tape, and I don't even think they have noticed.
There Are No Heroes, Only Warriors
Nice one. Simple and effective.

I´m still playing with the Laser Oche.
All the Places i can play just have Lines on the Ground so i won´t switch to a raised Oche.
I would faceplant at least 5 times per evening searching for the Line with my Foot if i use one at Home...lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Ockeys R Us raised oche review Trainor180 26 1,850 12-31-2020, 03:57 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  raised oche dimensions ? nightcrawler 1 888 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Vision 360 and raised Oche mat. LoveTheDartsCDN 24 6,545 03-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Last Post: John_B