Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Practice Rings
Anybody used these at all? Do they make much difference over a period of time?
Board: Blade 5

Darts: Harrows ICE 26g - Target Colin Lloyd 23g

Gimmick in my opinion. If you want to practice grouping just pick a triple and aim for it.
Or use a Post-it note instead. But I like the "pick a treble" approach suggested above.
or hair elastics..... rubber washers/o-rings.... the little plastic ring off juice bottles or milk jugs.... or... anything else that isn't the actually set of practice rings that are way overpriced

We have thread about this....a good substitute for these are women's elastic hair ties-more sizes, much more cost effective, and soft...so no damage when a dart hits it.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Play hard mode and somehow stick a Polo mint on there.
The polo mint used to be good fun when we played back in the 70's - although there was a bit of cleaning up to do afterwards lol

If you work in an office you could always nick some different sized rubber bands from the stationary cupboard and use those. Or if your other half wears hoop earrings then nick some of those when she's not looking lol.
Some guy on YouTube said he lived in same place as Alan Evans and he put 18 consecutive darts into the hole in the polo mint when it was hung over the bulls eye, if that's true then its bloody amazing!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I did 2 once - third dart smashed the bugger lol
I couldn't get any in, I kept eating the Polos Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I use assorted sized key rings. Got a set of 4 off Amazon for around $5. The set has 1.5", 1.25", 1", and .75" sized rings. The .75" is about the size of the double bull. I loop a piece of thread around the key ring, then hang it from a push pin.
I'm not one to put down products, as there's "something for everyone", but I just don't get the concept. You're aiming at a ring on a board (a target). Why not just aim at a target on the board? Seems redundant, so I can't buy into the idea.
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, hadn't noticed the dates until after posting.
(01-13-2017, 09:42 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Some guy on YouTube said he lived in same place as Alan Evans and he put 18 consecutive darts into the hole in the polo mint when it was hung over the bulls eye, if that's true then its bloody amazing!

Thats a big fat fib IMO
I bought some and to be fair they did improve MY focus, but saying that my son had some lessons with Dave Holden at A180 and he used bits of cornflake box`s cut to shape and pinned to the relevant parts of the board, ie T20, T19, T18 & T16,

Again each to their own,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practise rings Bounce Out 5 1,719 05-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Munchie
  practice rings! jamesjoka27 9 1,633 12-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Last Post: jamesjoka27