Darts Buddy

Phase 3 Purist 24g
Any thoughts on these?  I'm really liking them. They are barrels only but was thinking of sticking a short SuperGrip shaft and a Marathon flight on them.  Don't know that I'd use the little scallop but rather grip them just in front of it and use it as a marker to find the same spot on the barrel everytime.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
I have a set as part of my unofficial Unicorn Taylor collection, I actually used them as match darts for a little bit.

For me the scallop is a little bit useless, I was a middle gripper back then and used it as a marker, here's a comparison picture with some darts with a center scallop:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The Hero Grip on the Phase 3 (and the others) is one of my favourite grips, grippy but still releases well. It gets sharp when bashed up and for me slightly less grippy but I actually like that more than "box-fresh".  What I found noticeable with the Phase 3s was that the scallop changed the balance of the dart and made them throw like they were a hair front-weighted compared to BOTH the Phase 1 and the Phase 2 (same points and setup). I still go back to the Phase 3 occasionally and find the same thing, consistently.  That said, it can't be that much of a difference Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Again, for me the Phase 2 was a much more evenly balanced dart.  Interestingly, the Phase 1 was just a hair off even but worked much better for me than either of the other 2, I threw them for the better part of 8 months.

If you need any more comparison pics or info let me know, I'd be happy to help!
Awesome!  Thanks for the all the info, Wongerchi!  That helps a ton!  Judging by the length of the barrel, my grip will probably land just in front of that scallop.  I think that's what I'm looking for!  +1!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Go for them! Awesome darts and the scallop is worth using especially if you use a medium stem as you'll be holding your set up right at the center Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They've been ordered!  Liked the look with the blue in Wongerchi's pics so I went with the short clear w/blue rings SuperGrip shafts and the solid blue Marathon flights.  Coming from A-Z Darts but I didn't order them until after closing in California and I'm in Alabama, so I would guess they'll be here by Tuesday.  Wednesday, at the latest.  Can't wait!
- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
These are all on sale at perfectdarts
(01-13-2017, 05:12 AM)Red Wrote: They've been ordered!  Liked the look with the blue in Wongerchi's pics so I went with the short clear w/blue rings SuperGrip shafts and the solid blue Marathon flights.  Coming from A-Z Darts but I didn't order them until after closing in California and I'm in Alabama, so I would guess they'll be here by Tuesday.  Wednesday, at the latest.  Can't wait!

Nice one and I love that blue setup as well!  Congrats on ordering them and many thanks for the +1, glad I could be of assistance. :thumbup:

I am a bit late as usual but just so you know the scallop is 13mm long. It starts 1.5mm from the stem end of the barrel and ends 14.5mm down, so you have ~38.5mm of grip section, not including the nose.

I dug through the archives and it turns out I also put Storm points into them, if you are considering that and want to see a picture let me know.

Enjoy the darts!
I certainly believe I will and thanks again! So far, accept for the inevitable bounce out, I haven't had any trouble with darts not sticking into the sisal securely so I'm going to leave the points alone for now. I'll update once they come in and I've spent some time with them. Much appreciated!
- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
The main set of darts I use are phase 3 24G and love them it was hard to find the right set up as thay only came as barrels so I had no starting point to work from but I find that short pro grip stem and standard flight are what works for me
They came today!!   I'm loving them!  They feel really well balanced, fly nice and smooth(no wobble) and the scallop section is exactly as I expected.   I know it's the honeymoon but WOW!  The grip feels really nice in my fingers and the release is easy and clean!  I weighed them, too and they are very closely matched......24.22g, 24.22g & 24.21g.  Good stuff!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Those look great. Hope they continue to fly well for you. I have always wanted to try Phase 3 and your pics may be the push I need.
Can't go wrong with Taylor Phase 3's . Enjoy them ,and play well.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Looks like they suit your grip, by all accounts, and scallop placement looks bang on for a guide/datum point.

Enjoy them!  I'm going to dig mine out tonight I think. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Tried this set-up earlier today.  It looks killer but the titanium shafts throw the balance off for me.  I don't like that tail down.  Especially if I miss high. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
The first set of darts I bought when I decided to take darts more seriously and venture out of my house to play other people! I used them for a few years and they are a superb dart. Enjoy
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of darts with Purist Grip (or similar) TheRedBit 26 3,414 05-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Unicorn Evolution of the Power phase 5 v phase 6 Equalizer 1 993 02-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: The Pro Towel Waver
  Phil Taylor Phase 1 vs Phase 2 asquick 1 402 09-26-2019, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  phase2 purist and adam paxton darts m3333 2 765 05-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BenGreen180
  Problem with my Unicorn Phase 2 Purist MoonFire 10 2,382 03-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out