Target Darts.

How often can i change darts in a game?
I know that it is allowed to change darts in a game, but how often can i do it? 

I know it is stupid and shows that i just need more practice. But for me it is easier to hit a T20 with my 22gr. darts but the doubles with my lighter 16gr. set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Is it possible to change the darts only for the checkout?
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

not sure there is any rules about it to be honest, as long as your darts are within the limits I guess it does not matter what you throw.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It was commented on in the worlds, 'Snakebite' was the player in question at the time.
The discussion asked could we see dart players changing darts to hit doubles and then back again to score.
It brought one or two interesting comments, but it does beg the question what happens when you end up needing 2 big
trebles for finishes and your 3rd dart is for the double? Hold 4,5 or 6 darts in your hand? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

More practice is beginning to sound easier Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Chris..
I remember a few years ago Barney changing is darts during a game. I think he was trying out a new set and was struggling, after a break he reappeared with his Phase 2a's.

I'm not sure about using different darts for scoring and finishing though.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think it's a bad habit to get into throwing different darts during a match
No more than 1,000,000,000,000
during a match
(01-12-2017, 06:05 PM)*Saber* Wrote: No more than 1,000,000,000,000
during a match

Hmmm, need a big case for that many I think, but if I change 1 set for every visit to the oche I think I may need a few more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I played Crusher online once.... threw a new set every turn

I do wonder why it's a problem so long as the darts come within the dimensions, after all tennis players change their "Bat" with different tension on the strings & golfers swap their " sticks" for almost every hit.
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)Little al Wrote: I do wonder why it's a problem so long as the darts come within the dimensions, after all tennis players change their "Bat" with different tension on the strings & golfers swap their " sticks" for almost every hit.

As for golf, a player can only use the clubs he brings on the course for that particular day---and they have to meet USGA regulations and specs.  

Of course they change their clubs to go with the conditions and length they are using a particular club for.   Nobody is going to hit a driver off the fairway when 80 yards from the hole.
(01-12-2017, 06:04 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think it's a bad habit to get into throwing different darts during a match

My buddy that heads over here at least once a week for some games will come with about 4-5 sets of darts in a case.    He will change out darts if I get the better of him, like that is going to stop the rot.

One time he went through all his sets and I laughed and told him to check out my dart holder on the table and pick out some of them for a test drive.     Well, at least I thought it was funny.
(01-13-2017, 01:21 PM)re gumbo2176 Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)Little al Wrote: I do wonder why it's a problem so long as the darts come within the dimensions, after all tennis players change their "Bat" with different tension on the strings & golfers swap their " sticks" for almost every hit.

As for golf, a player can only use the clubs he brings on the course for that particular day---and they have to meet USGA regulations and specs.  

Of course they change their clubs to go with the conditions and length they are using a particular club for.   Nobody is going to hit a driver off the fairway when 80 yards from the hole.

I appreciate the info on the golf I just used as an example were players/competitors change their "kit"during a game/match & wonder why darts was thought to differ re changing "kit" re the ref of using 1 set for scoring & 1 set to finish
(01-12-2017, 06:04 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think it's a bad habit to get into throwing different darts during a match

I do it sometimes. It's a bad habit, no doubts. I envy to those who had picked their first set of darts and stuck with that for ages. Funny part of it is, that in the soft tips, where I only have been using one set for about ten years I only tinker with stems&flights while in steel tips I can mix three different sets with as many possible set ups within one tournament. The less darts I have taken with me, the better for me...

It is a problem as it is mostly a mental thing. Both golfers and tennis players change their gear when conditions have changed but this darts changing is like if a golfer had played the same hole from the same place with different sticks every day.
(01-13-2017, 03:10 PM)elevendarter Wrote:

It is a problem as it is mostly a mental thing. Both golfers and tennis players change their gear when conditions have changed but this darts changing is like if a golfer had played the same hole from the same place with different sticks every day.

I agree, the golf analogy is out of left field......

If you took a golfer into a controlled environment, he or she would choose to hit the same club to reach the same yardage every time. 

Personally, I wouldn't switch darts.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(01-13-2017, 03:10 PM)elevendarter Wrote:

I do it sometimes. It's a bad habit, no doubts. I envy to those who had picked their first set of darts and stuck with that for ages. Funny part of it is, that in the soft tips, where I only have been using one set for about ten years I only tinker with stems&flights while in steel tips I can mix three different sets with as many possible set ups within one tournament. The less darts I have taken with me, the better for me... 

My brother in law has had the same one set of darts since he started.
He got to go to a place where he could try them out until he found a set he liked and he stuck with them.
30 or 40 years now.
I have 5 sets (2 really bad one that came with a cheapo board) and 2 more on the way and I've been doing it for 3 months.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stance change and arm angle change GOLGO-13 9 2,967 09-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: GOLGO-13