Darts Buddy

Hi from Latvia
I`ve been playing darts for about a month (since this years world champs started) - was fun to watch and decided to buy dartboard. Never had any checkouts - so far i`m starting at 300(starting with double) and going to 0 without finishing in doubles. I think it`s ok practice for beginner because if i had to finish in double it would most likely mean to finish in double1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. In 3 weeks i`ve had about 5-8 180s. well about 180 never actually 180 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. But for those 120 + third dart which usually was in 1 or 5 i actually had no chance to score 3*20 because those 2 darts were in the whole sector. So from what I understand I need thinner darts(tungsten?) currently looking at peter wright snakebite 8 or harows ice both 23g. any other alternatives?
(01-12-2017, 08:52 AM)jaazeps Wrote: I`ve been playing darts for about a month (since this years world champs started) - was fun to watch and decided to buy dartboard. Never had any checkouts - so far i`m starting at 300(starting with double) and going to 0 without finishing in doubles. I think it`s ok practice for beginner because if i had to finish in double it would most likely mean to finish in double1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. In 3 weeks i`ve had about 5-8 180s. well about 180 never actually 180 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. But for those 120 + third dart which usually was in 1 or 5 i actually had no chance to score 3*20 because those 2 darts were in the whole sector. So from what I understand I need thinner darts(tungsten?) currently looking at peter wright snakebite 8 or harows ice both 23g. any other alternatives?

Welcome to the forum mate. You are doing grate so far and yes you will need a tungsten set. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi, welcome to the forum and the Nutz.  As for darts? Yes, invest in Tungtendarts- but you might want to explore something like  the Nodors or McKicks lines for a shape you like as they are very cost effective which will enable you to try more sets of darts.  Once you find a shape or style you like, then invest in the "name" brand.  You may discover you've gone in a different direction than you originally thought as a result of having tried more sets.  Just a thought.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome! Try as many darts as you can!
Welcome! There are many cheap brands to start with as said above. My personal favorite cheap darts are found in Dartsclearance and the Designa range at DC:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/dartsclearance/

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_234
Hi jaaseps. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. As said already, buy cheAp darts to begin with. Darts Clearance on eBay are a great place to start. They're generally made by Pentathlon and Elkadart.
Sveiki .Ceru ka tev seit patiks
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Welcome jaazeps. Keep up the great work and enjoy the darts!
Joe

22gm Target Carrera C4's
Started Darting October 2014
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Hellos Jaazeps, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome ,,Enjoy,,, and as said can not go wrong with Darts Clearance on eBay ,,, for me the most economic dart price in the USA,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello and welcome aboard! Your doing fine for a new player, no reason not to start going for those doubles really, you might surprise yourself Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Welcome to the NUTZ, Jaazeps! Settle in and enjoy the forum! Lots of friendly folks and great advice to be found here!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome! Have to admit I had Wikipedia Latvia but wow what a history! Really cool thing about darts, that an old guy from South Dakota USA. Can converse with a guy from Latvia that loves darts too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Welcome to the forum!
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sveiki! Hello from Latvia!!! :) NFD6 12 208 01-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Humdinger