Unicorn

Red Dragon Site Questions
Okay, so I've been looking at Red Dragon darts lately and there are several ranges that interest me.  I decided to create an account on their website which seemed to work fine but now I'm getting an error message when I try to view whatever dart range that's caught my eye.  Not sure if it's an issue with the site or if I'm doing something wrong.  I'm sure they ship to the US, right?  That's probably noted on the site somewhere.  My questions are, (1) am I doing something wrong or is there a site issue, (2) has anyone here from the US ordered anything from them directly and if so, (3) what was your overall experience like including shipping costs and delivery times?  I'd really like to order direct if possible.  There are Red Dragon darts available on Amazon but not necessarily what I'm looking for.  Not to mention, most of them are coming from a supplier which, from what I've read here, doesn't have a "perfect" record so I'm a little skeptical of them.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Try creating a new account. The site was recently revamped and it had a lot of teething pains afterwards. All of my user info was lost, and I'm not the only one who can say that.

If nothing works for you and you have to go through a middleman, use eBay rather than Amazon for Red Dragon. Much less expensive.

Oh, sorry, forgot part of your question: in my house we don't order from Red Dragon unless we have no other choice because they charge VAT and make you ask for a refund, as opposed to sites like Pure Darts, A180 and Darts Corner, which take out the VAT from the start. Also, RD's shipping costs were a bit higher than the others. However, their delivery time is as good as anyone's. Despite what Amazon says, it won't take more than about ten days and will probably be faster than that unless you live somewhere where your foreign shipments have to go through ISC Chicago. If you do have to go through Chicago customs, expect a wait of at least three weeks no matter who you order from.

(01-12-2017, 10:01 AM)Berlin180 Wrote: Oh, sorry, forgot part of your question: in my house we don't order from Red Dragon unless we have no other choice because they charge VAT and make you ask for a refund, as opposed to sites like Pure Darts, A180 and Darts Corner, which take out the VAT from the start. Also, RD's shipping costs were a bit higher than the others. However, their delivery time is as good as anyone's. Despite what Amazon says, it won't take more than about ten days and will probably be faster than that unless you live somewhere where your foreign shipments have to go through ISC Chicago. If you do have to go through Chicago customs, expect a wait of at least three weeks no matter who you order from.

Red Dragon no longer charges VAT for US customers!
Love red dragon , never had a problem but then i live in the uk so no postage problems but in terms of quality and customer service they are right up there
(01-12-2017, 11:47 AM)bkbum Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 10:01 AM)Berlin180 Wrote: Oh, sorry, forgot part of your question: in my house we don't order from Red Dragon unless we have no other choice because they charge VAT and make you ask for a refund, as opposed to sites like Pure Darts, A180 and Darts Corner, which take out the VAT from the start. Also, RD's shipping costs were a bit higher than the others. However, their delivery time is as good as anyone's. Despite what Amazon says, it won't take more than about ten days and will probably be faster than that unless you live somewhere where your foreign shipments have to go through ISC Chicago. If you do have to go through Chicago customs, expect a wait of at least three weeks no matter who you order from.

If so that's good news, as I was going to say the same as Berlin180. Shipping still higher than elsewhere as far as I know, but for those darts that are exclusive to RD, will be nice to have the VAT removed upfront, and with current exchange rates still a decent deal. I had emailed RD several times to ask about VAT for US customers and they never responded. It wasn't till I read on here that I even knew you could ask for a refund. Probably a good thing as I passed on buying several darts from them over the past few years!

Fantastic news, thanks for letting me know. Do you know if they still refuse to sell us Winmau products?

(01-12-2017, 10:10 PM)Berlin180 Wrote:

Fantastic news, thanks for letting me know. Do you know if they still refuse to sell us Winmau products?

They sure do... no Winmau to North America

in regards to the asking for a VAT refund, I think the only place left that you need to ask for a refund is Perfect Darts

(01-12-2017, 10:16 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 10:10 PM)Berlin180 Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 10:01 AM)Berlin180 Wrote: Oh, sorry, forgot part of your question: in my house we don't order from Red Dragon unless we have no other choice because they charge VAT and make you ask for a refund, as opposed to sites like Pure Darts, A180 and Darts Corner, which take out the VAT from the start. 

They sure do... no Winmau to North America

in regards to the asking for a VAT refund, I think the only place left that you need to ask for a refund is Perfect Darts

I'll never understand the RD Winmau thing. Some months back I tried to buy a couple sets of Ton Machines from them and they directed me to a list of American retailers. I'm not going to pay $60 for one set here when I can get three sets and shipping from the UK for less than that. Surely nobody in the States who is aware of Red Dragon is stupid enough to think they're the only online store in the UK (the fact that they have no Unicorn, Harrows, Target, etc. alone is enough to be able to figure that out). 

As for Perfect Darts, I actually asked them about that on their forum. The answer I got was that their customers prefer to see one price and that 90% of their business is in the UK. Their call, so I wasn't going to press them on it, but we've had a couple UK VAT refunds which took weeks to process and it's more hassle than it's worth when the hassle can be avoided altogether on other sites. But it is their decision and not my place to give them any crap about it - apparently those refunds work pretty well on PayPal, but then again not everyone uses PayPal.

Thanks for the input, fellas!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
As they are both part of the same group RD are most likely bound by agreements in place between Winmau and the US distributors preventing them sending Winmau products to the US - it will be similar to the livepdc stream not being allowed to show any of the big tv events to UK subscribers due to the contracts between the PDC and Sky/ITV/etc. Other retailers won't be bound by these agreements as they aren't part of the Nodor group.

Having said this, Darts Corner have discount codes but they are not allowed to be used on Winmau products - not sure about any of the other retailers codes over here, but presumably they shouldn't work either.