Darts Buddy

15 year absence
Hello all! after 15 years I forgot how much darts are. I used to live in Denver and there were plenty of places to play. I moved to the Sioux City Iowa area and couldn't find any place to play steel tip. I've never played soft tip so I just stopped playing. My son recently hung a board and bam the passions back! so we now have a board at my house , his house and my office. I'd like to play in tournaments/leagues if we can find a place that does steel tip, if not we may have to start one. My wife gave all my dart equip to goodwill! I'm finding that darts like golf can't be bought..... I mean I've order 10 sets of darts tried them all and I still suck! I signed up for flight-school and I'm starting on that tonight. finally can someone tell me why my darts arse are hanging low ie the flights are lower than the points? well I think I covered everything in the guide to introducing yourself! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome, glad you came back to this wonderful game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have you tried some different flights/stem combinations to see if you can get your darts to land more tail up?
Welcome to the Nutz and the forum- great place to get your toes back in the water - and at the Oche!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome aboard Jim. Good to see you found the passion after being absent from darts for 15 years. Your mention of not finding a place to play steel tip in you town is nothing new. Lots of municipalities have made it tougher for steel tip players to find a public venue. I suppose insurance rates for bars with steel tip boards can get out of hand.

Luckily I live in a city where steel tip is still ruling the darting roost and we have a nice league going. If a player doesn't like our league, they can travel to either of 2 neighboring Parishes and find a league there to satisfy their darting needs.

Sounds like you have the bug bad with boards set up at the house, office and sons house. I'm retired and have 2 boards in my man cave and can have several folks over to play with little waiting, so I know about the bug.

Oh, and it's not the darts fault if things aren't going quite so well right now. Find a set you are comfortable with and practice, practice, practice, and the game will probably come around.
Hello and welcome to the NUTZ! Settle in and enjoy! What Joe said.....you probably need to try different flight/shaft set ups until you find what works best! Good hunting!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(01-12-2017, 12:58 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: Welcome, glad you came back to this wonderful game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have you tried some different flights/stem combinations to see if you can get your darts to land more tail up?

Good advice....possibly more an issue of the shape of the flight? It was with me...changed my flight shape.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Oh, explore some of our sponsors...if you plan on investing in a bit of fiddly bits (flights, stems, wallets, flight punches) or darts, there are online shops (like our sponsors) that have better pricing than most places and shipping (except for dartboards) isn't bad.
Thanks for the warm welcome and the great advice. I've tried to help several sponsors just ordered from madhouse and Voks darts. They have been amazing on prices and shipping speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Jim. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Welcome! 15yrs! Try 25! Great site too help you along . So much information here.
Hello Jim, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome to Dartsnutz.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 25years away is a long time but good to see you getting back into it

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk

Member previously known as Daveheald

welcome to the forum mate and welcome back in darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi! Returning following an absence kennytheger 17 756 10-31-2019, 11:22 PM
Last Post: kennytheger