Target Darts.

hi from a on+off darts nut
Hi,
I'm uli and love to play some darts. I got introduced to darts through my father, which played 15ys ago a lot.
6 years ago I started to play and train a bit because in school we had a dart board. But since leaving school,
Did not get around to play darts. Now, I want to get active again. The only problem is, I dont really know where to put a dartboard. (Because the darts will not always land in the board)

Well, I got started with winmau vendetta darts 20gr which I very like, but think they may be a little bit to light.
Maybe someone can give me some advice, is someone around which broke his wrist and throws darts again? I broke mine 2years ago, but sometimes it hurts a bit.
Thanks a lot for this great community! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello and welcome! You might try a home setup a bit like mine, it's a large pinboard and a heavy duty ring, with the hanger attached behind the board... I'll admit it's a bit of a faff changing boards because you have to take the whole thing off (hole in the middle, screw in each corner) then remount it middle first, but it's easy enough as a 2 man job.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sometimes when you're starting out a heavier dart can be more forgiving, but there's a lot to be said for just persevering with what you have Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway good luck and have fun, hopefully someone else can chime in about wrist problems...
Hello Stone, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Welcome to the Nutz and the forum-get to know the Nutz- they are great fun and their brain cells even talk to each other .... now and again.....   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to the NUTZ! Enjoy the forum! Lots of good advice to be found here. My board is in our dining room! I just mounted it to a 3'X3'sheet of 3/4" plywood that I covered with some scrap felt leftover from a pool table
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome to Nutz

I'd definitely recommend a surround if your concerned about stray arrows, inevitably there will be the ' what the hell? ' dart that misses everything but the surround should catch most.

20g is verging on the lower side, seems the average is 23-24g but everyone is different, I personally throw with 26g but can chuck a 23g just as badly, and to be honest the 3g difference is not noticable to me.

Before purchasing any more darts in another weight consider buying yourself some stems in different sizes you will be surprised how much of a difference a shorter/longer stem makes. Also flight size/shape will affect how the dart flies so maybe pick a few different flights it's alot cheaper than buying new darts that might not be suitable.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome aboard!
Current Setup: 18g James Wades
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 10 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10
Welcome!
Welcome to the forum. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Hi uli. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Hello uli and welcome to the Nutz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi pal,new myself.Try a length of elastic hose bandage for your wrist,you can cut a thumbhole in it.Worked for me until the wrist got better,good luck.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
Hi,
thanks for the great advice Tremble and everybody and the warm welcome!

@Steve_00, you have a very nice room!
Welcome to Darts Nutz. Nice to have you with us.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald