Harrows Darts.

Target Cortex Titanium Shafts review

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: CLICK HERE

So here we are with a little review on these new Target Cortex grip shafts or stems as I more commonly refer to them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As the titles says, these stems are made from Titanium except for the tops which you can screw off and they are made from Aluminium and are replaceable. The stems are machined with the Cortex grip and have a Titanium Nitride coating, the set reviewed are black ti nitride and there is also a blue version available.

They are available in three sizes: medium, intermediate (reviewed here) and short.

There is also a rubber "O" ring on the thread to help keep the stems tight in the barrel.

They retail for £16.50 a set.

More info here: Target Cortex Titanium Shafts

The stems come in a small box with a pull out plastic tray:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Here they are fitted on my custom darts, they are a nice fit on these and look good I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see in the video above the stems were a little shorter than my inbetween nylon deflectagrip stems and just over 1g heavier although I could not really feel any difference in the weight.

CONCLUSION:

Well its obvious the main thing with these is the price, they are certainly not cheap at £16.50. I think if its the sort of stem you use anyway then the fact they are made of titanium should mean they last a lifetime and you only need to replace the alloy tops.

The stems are certainly well made and nicely machined and should look good with a Cortex grip dart too but I thought they look fine with my customs. If your a person that likes to grip the stem then they are very good for providing grip if that's the case.

I think for most people though its difficult to justify the expense on a whim so its certainly a considered purchase.

Performance wise I never noticed any issues but at the same time I cant say they have any noticeable improvement to my darts but I did not expect to see that anyway, if I was throwing 80 or 90 plus averages I may be in a better position to see if they helped improve my accuracy etc

One thing I did notice is I think my darts were a little flatter in the board other than that its just a nicely made stem that does what you expect but one I don't think I get any great advantage from other than it should last a long time but I will no doubt need to replace the tops quite regularly.

So I can only say if you throw a similar stem or are a stem gripper or you just want to match the stems with your Cortex darts then give them a go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review.

Great looking stems, but that price is just...wow

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Good review as always Darren, thanks. :thumbup:

Surprised you din't have the stems on the Pixel Lewis's, not that they would improve them barrels though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 06:11 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review.

Cheers!

Yeah that's the main issue, no hiding from that really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-10-2017, 06:36 PM)Great White North Wrote: Good review as always Darren, thanks. :thumbup:

Surprised you din't have the stems on the Pixel Lewis's, not that they would improve them barrels though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Brad, lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

Cheers!

Yeah that's the main issue, no hiding from that really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Do they need O-Rings like aluminium stems?

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Nice review, not for me i think these are for people who say molded flights & stems systems are to expensive that will buy them for £16.50 and throw 20 cent flights in them lol
(01-10-2017, 07:16 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

Cheers!

Do they need O-Rings like aluminium stems?

Yeah I show them in the video and mention in the review above Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-10-2017, 07:19 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Nice review, not for me i think these are for people who say molded flights & stems systems are to expensive that will buy them for £16.50 and throw 20 cent flights in them lol

Cheers!

I don't see them as been for the average user really, it just seems pointless unless your a stem grip thrower or you really like that style of stem and want to keep that set up for a long time.

Certainly a nicely made stem though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-10-2017, 07:26 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah I show them in the video and mention in the review above Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah, thanks. Read over it.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Good review .
Good looking stems .
Price is high, but as Darren says they will last a long time .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Metal stems are just not my kettle of fish and can't justify the price either, but those look damn good and a great review anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 07:49 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:26 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah I show them in the video and mention in the review above Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ah, thanks. Read over it.

(01-10-2017, 07:59 PM)The G Wrote: Good review .
Good looking stems .
Price is high, but as Darren says they will last a long time .

Cheers Ken Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-10-2017, 08:03 PM)Phenohyte Wrote: Metal stems are just not my kettle of fish and can't justify the price either, but those look damn good and a great review anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Basically these are the same as the Plain ones that came with the Gen2 Taylors and the Pixel Version of them, right?

They didn´t work for me on the Taylor Barrels nor on any other Barrel i tried to use them.
So yeah, i´m surely not the Target Audience for these. But one has to admit that they are well machined and nice looking.

Then, those Aluminuminium Tops don´t last too long. I managed to Bend 2 of them in just an evening.

But hey, like they say. One man´s trash is another man´s rubbish, right?   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Well done Darren.
Great review as allways darren, love watching those reviews.
Would love to see a picture of these on Daytona Fires.
(01-10-2017, 08:14 PM)Shotgun Wrote: Basically these are the same as the Plain ones that came with the Gen2 Taylors and the Pixel Version of them, right?

They didn´t work for me on the Taylor Barrels nor on any other Barrel i tried to use them.
So yeah, i´m surely not the Target Audience for these. But one has to admit that they are well machined and nice looking.

Then, those Aluminuminium Tops don´t last too long. I managed to Bend 2 of them in just an evening.

But hey, like they say. One man´s trash is another man´s rubbish, right?   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Well done Darren.

Cheers!

(01-10-2017, 10:11 PM)mokwai Wrote: Great review as allways darren, love watching those reviews.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-10-2017, 10:53 PM)sacredshapes Wrote: Would love to see a picture of these on Daytona Fires.

Will see what I can do Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 29 5,118 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 11,466 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 10,253 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 4,704 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  AFS Dual Extractor Tool Review To Remove Broken 2BA NO5 AFS M3 Darts Shafts and Tips Getagrip 2 1,251 12-02-2018, 10:19 AM
  Target Titanium Pro Conversion Points Review Getagrip 18 7,192 10-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Target PRO GRIP SPIN SHAFTS Clear review (video included) Trainor180 22 12,598 07-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out