Shot Darts

Lakeside so poor
When will the BDO realise that their rubbish world championship has to change big time? I am watching it for a laugh, but after watching the PDC equivilent, I have to say, this is utter crap! How do the commentators and pundits manage to get so exicited over what is little better than pub darts? Can this really continue?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
PDC is boring.

Sure the averages are down for the BDO, but at least it's not the same 8 people running around in circles.

Not to mention, I find the ladies darts to be quite entertaining.

Pretty disappointing first post there pal....

its strange but I sometimes find it relaxing to watch the BDO, I know its not the cream of darts but you can get some decent matches and it kind of makes me feel a little more human seeing their darts compared to MVG who is a trillion miles ahead of me in skill!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 04:22 PM)Jugger Wrote: PDC is boring.

Sure the averages are down for the BDO, but at least it's not the same 8 people running around in circles.

That is because they are all poor and rankings flip flop so much. Glen Durrant career earnings £151,619. Michael Van Gerwen earnings 2016 £1,832,000. It's a joke. Grand slam of darts proves it every year.

(01-10-2017, 04:31 PM)djtrump Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 04:22 PM)Jugger Wrote: PDC is boring.

That is because they are all poor and rankings flip flop so much.  Glen Durrant career earnings £151,619.  Michael Van Gerwen earnings 2016 £1,832,000.  It's a joke.  Grand slam of darts proves it every year.

I could not care less about how much money somebody makes..............

You're either a fan of darts, or you're not.

2 posts in and you're already trolling... Why do I get the feeling this relationship is not going to last?

I've actually quite enjoyed the Lakeside thus far. The lower standard in the BDO means that "anything can happen" (e.g. the Hogan-Phillips game yesterday) and makes for a bit more tension.

And I agree with Grip, the missed double-a-thons that sometimes happen means that I can more relate to the BDO boys rather than the PDC guys.
I quite like BDO, everyone knows it's not as good as PDC talent wise but you still get some great games
It's like watching Premier League vs watching League 1...sometimes Sheffield United vs Scunthorpe can be more entertaining than Man United vs Man City...if you catch my drift
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 04:33 PM)wongerchi Wrote: I've actually quite enjoyed the Lakeside thus far. The lower standard in the BDO means that "anything can happen" (e.g. the Hogan-Phillips game yesterday) and makes for a bit more tension.

And I agree with Grip, the missed double-a-thons that sometimes happen means that I can more relate to the BDO boys rather than the PDC guys.
I am not saying there are no good players in BDO, quite the opposite. I just think they need to change. The whole thing feels the same as in the days of pints and smoking on stage and big beer bellies. I love darts and would love to see BDO players getting the big chances too. Darts has really evolved and so should the BDO. P.s. I am not a troll.

I'm really enjoying Lakeside so far as well.

What do you suggest they change then?
I think Danny Noppert will change some people's opinions.

And I missed that game too - he's the most likely to get the 100+ average this week.
(01-10-2017, 04:40 PM)Walker Wrote: I quite like BDO, everyone knows it's not as good as PDC talent wise but you still get some great games
It's like watching Premier League vs watching League 1...sometimes Sheffield United vs Scunthorpe can be more entertaining than Man United vs Man City...if you catch my drift
Agreed. But lower league football teams get yearly opportunities to go higher and higher and build on it. Where were Bournemouth a few years ago? Many BDO players seem to lack aspiration to the big league and just settle for being a bit beter than other BDO players. It is a pity there is just not one world darts body, perhaps operating a kind of league system. I am sure some of the greats of BDO would have done so much more. Such a waste.

I have to agree that I am enjoying the BDO. PDC is "The Show" but the BDO players, while not playing to as high an average, are entertaining to watch because the matches are closer. When I watch the PDC it is mostly wondering who will come in second to MVG.

Having said that, if I had to pick one (and I am glad I don't), it would be PDC.

The PDC is like a full on rock concert and the BDO more of an acoustic set. But I can enjoy both equally well.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Well may be with Channel 4 and BTSport on board they can look to improve things and if people view it enough on TV it will be good for the BDO and who knows we might see a few more TV comps.

Its pretty obvious that 90% of the best players go where the money is at the PDC but amazed as I am at the top PDC players playing such incredible darts it has got a little boring seeing the same faces all the time and nearly the same results every comp.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Darts is darts. If you can't enjoy watching it then watch something else.
Darts is darts. I'm enjoying it so far and the standard is definitely quite a lot better than pub darts. The Adams/Joyce match in particular was very entertaining. For me, they don't all have to be throwing ton plus averages to make an exiting game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside World Championships 2018 mc1958 522 47,318 01-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,281 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,616 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,504 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,793 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes