Shot Darts

Lakeside so poor
Must say I disagree with you... I actually enjoy the BDO more than the PDC matches because the gents in PDC are of an unreal skill level and all I ever seem to see is 180 after 180 which is all well and good but personally the lower skill set of BDO makes it more entertaining imo and in some ways helps me with my game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Darts: Winmau Navigator 23g
Board: Winmau Blade 5 and MvG Cabinet 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The drama in some of the bdo games is brilliant
What i miss at the lakeside now are the really good players who we always looked up to.
People we tried to become when we started playing. The hankeys, wolfies and lots of others. They where real heroes.
Now they all are at the PDC. The current top of the BDO are in my opinion boring players. They can throw but dont bring the extra what the old "super stars" did.
Also they lost allot of the magic. Because their averages seem something we can all achieve.
I will never ever think i will throw the 100+ the pdc does. But the high 80s are doable.
Wlofie is stil there and battling away , there are some great new characters coming through the bdo , i admit i miss ted being there
(01-10-2017, 04:55 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: I think Danny Noppert will change some people's opinions.

And I missed that game too - he's the most likely to get the 100+ average this week.

(01-11-2017, 12:43 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I love to watch darts and find closer less predictable matches very entertaining. OK we all know that most of the highest ability players are with the PDC and they travel the world week in week out chasing "Barrys pot of gold" but a great many players ( especially in the BDO ) play darts as well as having full time trade/career.
Yes the BDO needs to regain its status of the past and i for one hope they do that.
It amazes me that so many of the crowd at PDC tournaments dont seem to be interested in the matches but choose to dress up and sing mindlessly repetitive songs intent on distracting the players they dislike yet the crowds at the BDO tournaments sole purpose in going is to watch great darts matches and give the players on stage true respect.
Time after time the commentators remark that players at the PDC "just have to live with it" when crowds are booing as they are throwing for a match winning shot which i find disgusting.
For me darts is about watching players give their all when it matters most to them and if they are not 110+ average players I really dont care I just love darts, always have and almost certainly always will

This is what makes the PDC great, the fans really enjoying themselves because of the game and the singing. It just ads more then the boring crowd at the BDO. Plus the BDO just feels like a old mans club and the PDC is the younger brother who gets all the girls. And this is coming from somebody who enjoyed the lakeside since 2000.
The Count was a big character. Need more like him. Brings the fun and showmanship the game needs.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
The thing that gets me is PDC fans watch at home on tv, those in attendance are not fans. Hell 3/4 weren't even watching when MVG and Barney had the best match ever.

Then you get that idiot running on.

Something IS going to happen at one of these events to blacken its name!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(01-11-2017, 01:09 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Something IS going to happen at one of these events to blacken its name!

What like ? coins thrown at players in Scotland ? riots in Melbourne ?
(01-11-2017, 01:18 PM)JDorks Wrote: What like ? coins thrown at players in Scotland ? riots in Melbourne ?

I think an assault at a player is not unthinkable, 2 times this WC a guy reached the stage while the players were throwing.

There a plenty of players who are not loved by everybody.

Really hope it will never happen but in this crazy world you have to be prepared for anything.
(01-11-2017, 01:09 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: The thing that gets me is PDC fans watch at home on tv, those in attendance are not fans. Hell 3/4 weren't even watching when MVG and Barney had the best match ever.

Then you get that idiot running on.

Something IS going to happen at one of these events to blacken its name!
I like enthusiastic crowds, adds to the whole experience, but it does seem that PDC events are getting more raucous and the numpty trying to get the trophy was idiotic, to say the least. It does need checking before something serious happens, but some of the players are really encouraging it. Destined to go too far me thinks. There should be a sensible balance. The Lakeside can get too quiet at times, but I think that audience is more attentive.

I think you have to differ between the events. At Alaxandra Palace the partycrowd is much bigger as it is at blackpool for example. You can not generate those big crowds alone out of experts. I think a lot of people come in groups. And from those 6 guys only 2 are there to watch the games, the other four want a Mardle shirt or as much pints as they can get in one session.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

(01-11-2017, 01:34 PM)JoelH Wrote: I think you have to differ between the events. At Alaxandra Palace the partycrowd is much bigger as it is at blackpool for example. You can not generate those big crowds alone out of experts. I think a lot of people come in groups. And from those 6 guys only 2 are there to watch the games, the other four want a Mardle shirt or as much pints as they can get in one session.
Lol...good point. Gotta say, Blegian super fan Jackie is a real star.

(01-11-2017, 12:17 PM)Calabrian Wrote: What i miss at the lakeside now are the really good players who we always looked up to.
People we tried to become when we started playing. The hankeys, wolfies and lots of others. They where real heroes.
Now they all are at the PDC. The current top of the BDO are in my opinion boring players. They can throw but dont bring the extra what the old "super stars" did.
Also they lost allot of the magic. Because their averages seem something we can all achieve.
I will never ever think i will throw the 100+ the pdc does. But the high 80s are doable.
I think this is not a BDO problem but a darts problem, or even a general sports problem.

We don't need only crazy dancing guys like Wright. But a lot of players are very clinical nowadays, and do not stand out. Chizzy for example is a great player, but boring to watch as person. Wade has also really calmed down whereas he used to stir up darts now and then in the past. Glenn Durrant, great player, but the most boring guy ever.

The sport is becoming more and more "correct" and players try to avoid stirring up the match (something that Bristow or Manley or Harrington could do so nicely) and they don't say a lot of interesting stuff in interviews anymore. I guess they are also afraid to get a ban or fine? Same as watching football players give the same rehearsed press talk all over again.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Really Poor matches today

Not Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

(01-11-2017, 05:27 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Really Poor matches today

Not Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Interesting matches this afternoon. Wolfie is a gem!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,323 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,654 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,539 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,819 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes