Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Lakeside so poor
My comments are no more and no less valid than others.  Comments are all they are.  I am in my mid 50's, played darts in local leagues, no higher and use 29g, knurled grip tungstens.  Favourite all time player is John Lowe, a real gentleman, met him several times at events and exhibitions.  I am watching the BDO World's, I watch most televised darts tournaments.  My favourite times will always be in the hayday of Darts, whent the really big characters were at the top, Bristow, Rees, Wilson, Evans, Lowe, Lazarenko, Glazier and co.  Hope you can smile a bit now.

Welcome to Nutz

Would you like some popcorn?

Cheers 
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(01-10-2017, 11:02 PM)djtrump Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:39 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote: FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Guess we all have to agree with you then?
Debate is good. My opinions are not sacrosanct, neither are anyone else's. Difference of opinion is good and I respect the opinions of others. Why do so many of you have to be so agressive? I made comments just like many others and at the end of the day, I expect we all just love a good darts match to watch. One of the best I have watched in the past 18 months was Jeff Smith v Richard Veenstra in last year's semi.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I see you have quite normal and honorable opinions, but I agree with the others that your first few posts may have been a bit too harsh and maybe contained some unnecessary negative remarks. If you'll write all of your comments in the same manner as you did with the last few ones, I'm sure nobody will complain about it.
(01-10-2017, 10:53 PM)djtrump Wrote: My comments are no more and no less valid than others.  Comments are all they are.  I am in my mid 50's, played darts in local leagues, no higher and use 29g, knurled grip tungstens.  Favourite all time player is John Lowe, a real gentleman, met him several times at events and exhibitions.  I am watching the BDO World's, I watch most televised darts tournaments.  My favourite times will always be in the hayday of Darts, whent the really big characters were at the top, Bristow, Rees, Wilson, Evans, Lowe, Lazarenko, Glazier and co.  Hope you can smile a bit now.

I'm always smiling.... Can't live the life I have and be a grumpy piss

Thanks for the intro.

(01-10-2017, 11:07 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote: FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Debate is good. My opinions are not sacrosanct, neither are anyone else's. Difference of opinion is good and I respect the opinions of others. Why do so many of you have to be so agressive? I made comments just like many others and at the end of the day, I expect we all just love a good darts match to watch. One of the best I have watched in the past 18 months was Jeff Smith v Richard Veenstra in last year's semi.

I see you have quite normal and honorable opinions, but I agree with the others that your first few posts may have been a bit too harsh and maybe contained some unnecessary negative remarks. If you'll write all of your comments in the same manner as you did with the last few ones, I'm sure nobody will complain about it.
Cheers and pass that bloody popcorn!

(01-10-2017, 11:08 PM)djtrump Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 11:07 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:

Debate is good.  My opinions are not sacrosanct, neither are anyone else's.  Difference of opinion is good and I respect the opinions of others.  Why do so many of you have to be so agressive?  I made comments just like many others and at the end of the day, I expect we all just love a good darts match to watch.  One of the best I have watched in the past 18 months was Jeff Smith v Richard Veenstra in last year's semi.  

Cheers and pass that bloody popcorn!

That's the spirit. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(01-10-2017, 11:05 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: Would you like some popcorn?

Cheers 
Tez

Yes please, with extra butter. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 11:21 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 11:05 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: Would you like some popcorn?

Cheers 
Tez

Yes please, with extra butter. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cracking check out from Scott Waites. Popcorn tastes good too.

I do understand the frustration. Lakeside (Embassy) was THE tournament to watch for me in the 90s and start of new century, and for many also before that. Now I feel they came from a very bad few years ever since about 2010, and are growing again with new talents.

The field of players seems very interesting this year to me and I was surprised, but assuming Durrant will leave, many more may follow the coming years again, so there will be another decline maybe.

Everything is understandable, but it does make me sad to see it go on like this. And the PDC with their endless tournament copy pasting also need to work on a set of fresh ideas. Darts needs a bit of a kick up the backside, not more of exactly the same!
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

(01-11-2017, 12:17 AM)WhiskyPops Wrote: I do understand the frustration. Lakeside (Embassy) was THE tournament to watch for me in the 90s and start of new century, and for many also before that. Now I feel they came from a very bad few years ever since about 2010, and are growing again with new talents.

The field of players seems very interesting this year to me and I was surprised, but assuming Durrant will leave, many more may follow the coming years again, so there will be another decline maybe.

Everything is understandable, but it does make me sad to see it go on like this. And the PDC with their endless tournament copy pasting also need to work on a set of fresh ideas. Darts needs a bit of a kick up the backside, not more of exactly the same!
I fully agree. Fresh ideas, back the new talent, make things much more open. PDC does need changes too. It's a great game, they need to make sure it has a bright future for all.

I for one enjoy it , ok its not the massive machine run pdc barry hearn comp but its still got that lakeside magic , lets not forget this was the first and original worlds that has produced many a great memory , it really pains me to see all these so called dart fans complaining about it year after year , just bloody enjoy the darts lol
(01-11-2017, 12:29 AM)Del Wrote: I for one enjoy it , ok its not the massive machine run pdc barry hearn comp but its still got that lakeside magic , lets not forget this was the first and original worlds that has produced many a great memory , it really pains me to see all these so called dart fans complaining about it year after year , just bloody enjoy the darts lol
Agree, I don't want to miss it because of the memories and it still has the homely feeling. I do miss the old "aaareee you readyyyy.." etc.. And if they would get their behind the scenes stuff organized better, they will have a wonderful and long future ahead.

I met a few BDO players and I can only give props to them for being so connected with the fans and so open. If the PDC/Hearn machine will keep on going and going, it will turn players into a light version of football players one day; totaly away from the fans.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

I love to watch darts and find closer less predictable matches very entertaining. OK we all know that most of the highest ability players are with the PDC and they travel the world week in week out chasing "Barrys pot of gold" but a great many players ( especially in the BDO ) play darts as well as having full time trade/career.
Yes the BDO needs to regain its status of the past and i for one hope they do that.
It amazes me that so many of the crowd at PDC tournaments dont seem to be interested in the matches but choose to dress up and sing mindlessly repetitive songs intent on distracting the players they dislike yet the crowds at the BDO tournaments sole purpose in going is to watch great darts matches and give the players on stage true respect.
Time after time the commentators remark that players at the PDC "just have to live with it" when crowds are booing as they are throwing for a match winning shot which i find disgusting.
For me darts is about watching players give their all when it matters most to them and if they are not 110+ average players I really dont care I just love darts, always have and almost certainly always will
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(01-11-2017, 12:36 AM)WhiskyPops Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 12:29 AM)Del Wrote: I for one enjoy it , ok its not the massive machine run pdc barry hearn comp but its still got that lakeside magic , lets not forget this was the first and original worlds that has produced many a great memory , it really pains me to see all these so called dart fans complaining about it year after year , just bloody enjoy the darts lol
Agree, I don't want to miss it because of the memories and it still has the homely feeling. I do miss the old "aaareee you readyyyy.." etc.. And if they would get their behind the scenes stuff organized better, they will have a wonderful and long future ahead.

I met a few BDO players and I can only give props to them for being so connected with the fans and so open. If the PDC/Hearn machine will keep on going and going, it will turn players into a light version of football players one day; totaly away from thr fans.
That is what the whole thread was meant to be about. I don't like Barry Hearn, he did a job on snooker, which I enjoyed watching when there were big characters playing and great entertainment. Now it has gone to endless tournaments and the fun has gone. I would love the BDO to get a grip and transform their handling of darts. I am sure many of the so called "lesser" players in the PDC, may change alliance then. That is what really annoys me. I love watching darts, but agree, you could have the same 8 players playing every PDC tournament and no one would really know the difference.

Long may the BDO live, but it has to evolve and evolve in better ways than the PDC ever has.

I sort of agree that the PDC is a bit stale.

The streaming of the Players Championship events is a big step forward. The European tour as well. There are also rumours that the World Series will have a different format this year, maybe we'll see some up and coming players in the mix. The only tournament which is often regarded as boring is the Premier League, but they can't really change it.

In my opinion, it's not the same 8 players featuring which make it truly boring, I genuinely think the domination of MVG is hurting PDC darts right now. A significant amount of people got fed up with watching darts because of the green guy winning everything. Of course that's just an opinion, and I know many will disagree.
PL is annoying me since some years. Same faces all the time.
I like the ETs and I'm glad to see the PCs via LivePDC. Fresh faces playing good darts. On the other hand, this years Alexandra Palaces semis were the best advertice for darts as a sport. The highest quality you can get at the moment.

What ever, i like watching darts from a certain level on upward. I don't need averages lower then 80 points, everything higher is fun to watch for me, doesn't matter who plays.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,323 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,654 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,539 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,819 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes