Shot Darts

Lakeside so poor
djtrump and phenohype, you are both 'new guys' so maybe you don't understand that this forum is for dart lovers and not dart knockers ! If you dont enjoy the BDO championships then swich off ! If you are a dart lover then sit back and enjoy the games. Simply put PDC has the best players so BDO has the rest, does this mean that the BDO guys shouldn't get a World Championship ? Every player has the opportunity to play in the PDC via Q-school...so it's not a closed shop. BDO players just love the game and know they're not quite up to PDC standard but that will not stop them trying to be the best they can ! Again you won't make friends here with the 'attitude' you have started with...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 08:27 PM)jimdandy Wrote: djtrump and phenohype, you are both 'new guys' so maybe you don't understand that this forum is for dart lovers and not dart knockers ! If you dont enjoy the BDO championships then swich off ! If you are a dart lover then sit back and enjoy the games. Simply put PDC has the best players so BDO has the rest, does this mean that the BDO guys shouldn't get a World Championship ? Every player has the opportunity to play in the PDC via Q-school...so it's not a closed shop. BDO players just love the game and know they're not quite up to PDC standard but that will not stop them trying to be the best they can ! Again you won't make friends here with the 'attitude' you have started with...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think you might misunderstood my comments a bit, Jim. I enjoy the BDO Worlds so I watch as many games I can. I never said the BDO shouldn't have a World Championship. I also never meant to criticize the BDO standard, there are some matches which are below par, but that's also true in the PDC.

The BDO board on the other hand, is not capable to run a darts organisation. Simple as that.

Sorry if I offended you, and never meant to do so, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my comments.
If the PDC crowd want to watch the game of darts, and not make a circus, a lot less crowd shows up and nobody can earn money like now.

What will happen when in a few years nobody buy a ticket for the TV tournaments ?

99% of the BDO play league weekly, and have a daytime job. Top40 PDC do only play darts for living
may all the doubles be with you

(01-10-2017, 08:27 PM)jimdandy Wrote: djtrump and phenohype, you are both 'new guys' so maybe you don't understand that this forum is for dart lovers and not dart knockers ! If you dont enjoy the BDO championships then swich off ! If you are a dart lover then sit back and enjoy the games. Simply put PDC has the best players so BDO has the rest, does this mean that the BDO guys shouldn't get a World Championship ? Every player has the opportunity to play in the PDC via Q-school...so it's not a closed shop. BDO players just love the game and know they're not quite up to PDC standard but that will not stop them trying to be the best they can ! Again you won't make friends here with the 'attitude' you have started with...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Speaking for myself, I do love darts, that's why the BDO thing annoys me so much! Anyway, I thought we still had freedom of speech in this country?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(01-10-2017, 08:54 PM)djtrump Wrote:
Speaking for myself, I do love darts, that's why the BDO thing annoys me so much!  Anyway, I thought we still had freedom of speech in this country?

"Freedom of Speech" and "Use first post to trash the BDO" are completely different things.

95% of all new forum members introduce themselves, then maybe ask a few questions, possibly comment on some threads, show their dart setup, etc..... prior to creating their own thread and running their mouths on their inflammatory opinions... I'm sure you can tell where you went wrong here.  You have sealed your own fate, unfortunately, by starting off as a cranky know it all that appears to be trying to pick fights.

This forum has rules (why do I guess you haven't read them?) but is extremely relaxed, there is no way you can fault anyone for questioning your motives when you go from zero to flaming troll in the blink of an eye.  Your original post did not trash the BDO as a company... it trashed everything about it, including the players.  Nobody knows you from a hole in the wall, you had offered nothing before posting a flame thread.

Are you starting to see why you are getting the reaction you are?  Are you adult enough to understand where you went wrong?

I can't... for the life of me... imagine why somebody would take their one first impression opportunity to act like a horse's ass... It makes no sense.... unless you have ulterior motives?  I'm going to guess you are a member of another darts forum that may not be running right now?  Possibly have a history here at the Nutz under a different name?

Who are you?  Where are you from?  What darts do you throw?  What level do you play at?  Who are your favorite players?

(01-10-2017, 08:40 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:

I think you might misunderstood my comments a bit, Jim. I enjoy the BDO Worlds so I watch as many games I can. I never said the BDO shouldn't have a World Championship. I also never meant to criticize the BDO standard, there are some matches which are below par, but that's also true in the PDC.

The BDO board on the other hand, is not capable to run a darts organisation. Simple as that.

Sorry if I offended you, and never meant to do so, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my comments.

O.K. mate no worries. I do get a bit excited at times LOL...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-10-2017, 09:57 PM)Jugger Wrote:
Speaking for myself, I do love darts, that's why the BDO thing annoys me so much!  Anyway, I thought we still had freedom of speech in this country?

"Freedom of Speech" and "Use first post to trash the BDO" are completely different things.

95% of all new forum members introduce themselves, then maybe ask a few questions, possibly comment on some threads, show their dart setup, etc..... prior to creating their own thread and running their mouths on their inflammatory opinions... I'm sure you can tell where you went wrong here.  You have sealed your own fate, unfortunately, by starting off as a cranky know it all that appears to be trying to pick fights.

This forum has rules (why do I guess you haven't read them?) but is extremely relaxed, there is no way you can fault anyone for questioning your motives when you go from zero to flaming troll in the blink of an eye.  Your original post did not trash the BDO as a company... it trashed everything about it, including the players.  Nobody knows you from a hole in the wall, you had offered nothing before posting a flame thread.

Are you starting to see why you are getting the reaction you are?  Are you adult enough to understand where you went wrong?

I can't... for the life of me... imagine why somebody would take their one first impression opportunity to act like a horse's ass... It makes no sense.... unless you have ulterior motives?  I'm going to guess you are a member of another darts forum that may not be running right now?  Possibly have a history here at the Nutz under a different name?

Who are you?  Where are you from?  What darts do you throw?  What level do you play at?  Who are your favorite players?
Don't get so worked up. You lot seem perfectly happy slagging off the PDC. It's the BFO organisation that is bad. Never had a go at the players. FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote:

Don't get so worked up.  You lot seem perfectly happy slagging off the PDC.  It's the BFO organisation that is bad.  Never had a go at the players.  FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Hooray... you've been playing for 40+ years............. Doesn't make your opinion any more valid that someone who started yesterday.

The fact that you think I'm worked up... shows you are brand new, and don't know me at all.

So.... you taken the opportunity to properly introduce yourself yet... or you just going to let this glorious thread speak for you?

(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote: FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Guess we all have to agree with you then?
(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote: Don't get so worked up.  You lot seem perfectly happy slagging off the PDC.  It's the BFO organisation that is bad.  Never had a go at the players.  FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

So then what would you do to fix the BDO?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Haha Tez
(01-10-2017, 10:35 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote:

Don't get so worked up.  You lot seem perfectly happy slagging off the PDC.  It's the BFO organisation that is bad.  Never had a go at the players.  FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Hooray... you've been playing for 40+ years............. Doesn't make your opinion any more valid that someone who started yesterday.

The fact that you think I'm worked up... shows you are brand new, and don't know me at all.

So.... you taken the opportunity to properly introduce yourself yet... or you just going to let this glorious thread speak for you?
My comments are no more and no less valid than others. Comments are all they are. I am in my mid 50's, played darts in local leagues, no higher and use 29g, knurled grip tungstens. Favourite all time player is John Lowe, a real gentleman, met him several times at events and exhibitions. I am watching the BDO World's, I watch most televised darts tournaments. My favourite times will always be in the hayday of Darts, whent the really big characters were at the top, Bristow, Rees, Wilson, Evans, Lowe, Lazarenko, Glazier and co. Hope you can smile a bit now.

(01-10-2017, 10:39 PM)joeriw96 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 10:26 PM)djtrump Wrote: FYI...I have been plaing darts for 40+ years?

Guess we all have to agree with you then?
Debate is good. My opinions are not sacrosanct, neither are anyone else's. Difference of opinion is good and I respect the opinions of others. Why do so many of you have to be so agressive? I made comments just like many others and at the end of the day, I expect we all just love a good darts match to watch. One of the best I have watched in the past 18 months was Jeff Smith v Richard Veenstra in last year's semi.

(01-10-2017, 10:47 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: [Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017011...c83814.jpg]

Cheers
Tez
Nice one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,323 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,654 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,539 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958