Double Top Darts.

Lakeside so poor
Oh boy here we go again.
Thank you for this topic. Whilst there is a break at a very enjoyable Lakeside I can visit this thread to look at some ridiculous opinions for a good laugh.
I am keeping my verbal kuzushi attack at bay..................

I don't feel this OP deserves any more of my time.

(01-10-2017, 06:50 PM)bullseye66 Wrote: Lakeshite........pretty poor so far.
I agree bullseye66 and it's such a pity.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(01-10-2017, 04:55 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: I think Danny Noppert will change some people's opinions.

And I missed that game too - he's the most likely to get the 100+ average this week.
Sadly, he will probably end up in the PDC

I do prefer watching PDC darts, but I've watched some of Lakeside as well. There have been matches which were simply unwatchable, but also a lot of exciting and tense games. So I'm just happy there's darts to watch, and it's really great to see some different faces, because while the PDC is a huge success, it's still true that the top 6-8 players are on telly a bit too frequently.

On the other hand, the BDO board is a bloody joke. They are responsible for ruining the organisation, which was the leading force in darts once. The whole new era fiasco, the false promises, the cancelling of major events which supposed to happen and be on TV, holding all 3 TV majors at the same venue.

It's such a shame, because the BDO has plenty of great players, and many great characters and true legends of the game. I'd love to watch the likes of Duzza, Noppert, Mitchell, Hughes, Waites, Jeff Smith or Reynolds in the PDC, because simply it's the only code to play professional darts. Also the likes of Adams, O'Shea, Fitton, Fordham,Hankey, who probably don't have the game to compete at the highest level anymore, but I still enjoy watching them as they are darts legends without a doubt.

The BDO's decline will no doubt continue and sadly, they are becoming more and more irrelevant. Anybody who pursues a darts career now, won't stay in the BDO for too long.

I like to watch the BDO darts and I hope the organization survives somehow, but in the current state of events, maybe they should just stick to county and amateur darts, and let the professionals play in the PDC.
(01-10-2017, 05:45 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: I prefer watching BDO as it has the 'anyone can win this match' vibe, PDC is highly entertaining but let's be honest they are the elite of the sport and as a casual darter it can sometimes be disheartening seeing 12 darters after 12 darters knowing that is a rare feat in reality.

Cheers
Tez
Now I do agree with you. The BDO is much less predictable, thus no certanties. Just wish the good BDO players, including women, got more for their skills and had much more opportunity.

(01-10-2017, 07:09 PM)Phenohyte Wrote: I do prefer watching PDC darts, but I've watched some of Lakeside as well. There have been matches which were simply unwatchable, but also a lot of exciting and tense games. So I'm just happy there's darts to watch, and it's really great to see some different faces, because while the PDC is a huge success, it's still true that the top 6-8 players are on telly a bit too frequently.

On the other hand, the BDO board is a bloody joke. They are responsible for ruining the organisation, which was the leading force in darts once. The whole new era fiasco, the false promises, the cancelling of major events which supposed to happen and be on TV, holding all 3 TV majors at the same venue.

It's such a shame, because the BDO has plenty of great players, and many great characters and true legends of the game. I'd love to watch the likes of Duzza, Noppert, Mitchell, Hughes, Waites, Jeff Smith or Reynolds in the PDC, because simply it's the only code to play professional darts. Also the likes of Adams, O'Shea, Fitton, Fordham,Hankey, who probably don't have the game to compete at the highest level anymore, but I still enjoy watching them as they are darts legends without a doubt.

The BDO's decline will no doubt continue and sadly, they are becoming more and more irrelevant. Anybody who pursues a darts career now, won't stay in the BDO for too long.

I like to watch the BDO darts and I hope the organization survives somehow, but in the current state of events, maybe they should just stick to county and amateur darts, and let the professionals play in the PDC.
That is by far the best post on this topic. Well said!

(01-10-2017, 04:22 PM)Jugger Wrote: PDC is boring.

Sure the averages are down for the BDO, but at least it's not the same 8 people running around in circles.

Not to mention, I find the ladies darts to be quite entertaining.

Pretty disappointing first post there pal....

Got to agree with you Jugger, the standard is higher in the PDC for sure but there aren't too many surprise results at the top end and can be a little predictable. I think there's room for both and of course t provides an opportunity for the ladies which I'm all for... only wish more of the revenue went their way in terms of prize money (as I've ranted on about before) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(01-10-2017, 07:10 PM)djtrump Wrote: The BDO is much less predictable, thus no certanties.  Just wish the good BDO players, including women, got more for their skills and had much more opportunity.

So if I'm reading this, and some of your other posts, right then your beef is not with the BDO players themselves but with the BDO as an organization? IMO these are two different kettles of fish.
Reading this thread I wonder that there are still people who don't understand the difference between BDO and PDC, respectively the difference between amateurs/semi-pros and professionals. 

I think in the PDC's Top32 almost all players are darts professionals. Even outside of the Top32 there are professionals in the PDC. Whereas even the BDO #1 Glen Durrant works as a estate manager. I think there is only a handful of professionals in the BDO (I think Tony O'Shea and Darryl Fitton are).

Anyway... I am a darts fan so I enjoy a game of darts whether it's a 100+ average or a 85 average. Sometimes a game with two players averaging 85 is more exciting and tense than MvG whitewashing opponents with a 107 average. 

If you compare the results of the prelim rounds, you can see there is no big difference in the stats. That's because almost all players in the prelim rounds are no professionals.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
(01-10-2017, 07:26 PM)wongerchi Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:10 PM)djtrump Wrote: The BDO is much less predictable, thus no certanties.  Just wish the good BDO players, including women, got more for their skills and had much more opportunity.

So if I'm reading this, and some of your other posts, right then your beef is not with the BDO players themselves but with the BDO as an organization? IMO these are two different kettles of fish.
Ultimately the BDO is responsible. There are some class players in the BDO. Just look at Wolfie Adams' performance the other day. At 61 he is a true professional and credit to the game. Love to see him lift the trophy once again. He and others like him should have had so much more opportunity and reward for their loyalty to the game and the BDO.

(01-10-2017, 07:28 PM)TheRedBit Wrote: Reading this thread I wonder that there are still people who don't understand the difference between BDO and PDC, respectively the difference between amateurs/semi-pros and professionals. 

I think in the PDC's Top32 almost all players are darts professionals. Even outside of the Top32 there are professionals in the PDC. Whereas even the BDO #1 Glen Durrant works as a estate manager. I think there is only a handful of professionals in the BDO (I think Tony O'Shea and Darryl Fitton are).

Anyway... I am a darts fan so I enjoy a game of darts whether it's a 100+ average or a 85 average. Sometimes a game with two players averaging 85 is more exciting and tense than MvG whitewashing opponents with a 107 average. 

If you compare the results of the prelim rounds, you can see there is no big difference in the stats. That's because almost all players in the prelim rounds are no professionals. 

We have to distinguish between the players who prefer amateur darts and enjoy their work, and players who have to work besides playing because they're not good enough. The BDO elite has plenty of both I think.

I definitely prefer a close game to a whitewash. OK, if somebody averages 110+, then it's amazing to do and a great watch, but simple ton plus averages are not that good to watch for me if the opponent isn't capable of winning the game whatsoever.

To give some examples, the Janssen-McGrath prelim was woeful and I couldn't bear to watch it. But a close game with high 80- low 90 averages is pretty enjoyable I think.

Might be worth pointing out that the BDO prelims are last 48 games, while the PDC prelims are last 72.
(01-10-2017, 07:31 PM)djtrump Wrote:

Ultimately the BDO is responsible. There are some class players in the BDO. Just look at Wolfie Adams' performance the other day. At 61 he is a true professional and credit to the game. Love to see him lift the trophy once again. He and others like him should have had so much more opportunity and reward for their loyalty to the game and the BDO.

The BDO as an organisation is completely dead. Rubbish leaders, Sue Williams is even worse than Olly Croft was to the BDO. Wayne Williams who visits forum users to threaten them. The fiascos with the new era, Deluxe, and Warren Brown. Multiple TV events cancelled. Masters and World Trophy both held at Lakeside. Absolutely no crowd at the BDO events. Was it 5 people who watched the Gold Cup final, which used to be a prestigious (major) event? Lakeside is a rip-off when it comes to service, food and beer getting many critiques. And finally, many people (who mostly don't have a clue about darts) are laughing at Lakeside. The worlds former biggest, official darts organisation became a laughing stock.

That's why any player who pursues a darts career, has to go to Q-School as soon as possible. The players are not responsible for the idiots who ruined the BDO, it's unfair to blame them.
(01-10-2017, 07:41 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:31 PM)djtrump Wrote:

The BDO as an organisation is completely dead. Rubbish leaders, Sue Williams is even worse than Olly Croft was to the BDO. Wayne Williams who visits forum users to threaten them. The fiascos with the new era, Deluxe, and Warren Brown. Multiple TV events cancelled. Masters and World Trophy both held at Lakeside. Absolutely no crowd at the BDO events. Was it 5 people who watched the Gold Cup final, which used to be a prestigious (major) event? Lakeside is a rip-off when it comes to service, food and beer getting many critiques. And finally, many people (who mostly don't have a clue about darts) are laughing at Lakeside. The worlds former biggest, official darts organisation became a laughing stock.

That's why any player who pursues a darts career, has to go to Q-School as soon as possible. The players are not responsible for the idiots who ruined the BDO, it's unfair to blame them.
So many true words. So sad for grass roots darts and those players who put darts on the sporting map in the 70's

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,323 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,648 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,536 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,817 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes