Darts Buddy

Bonjour from Paris
Hi all,

I've been more of an observer to this forum but decided to get 'more involved'.

I'm based in Paris, but originally from England. Been playing regularly now for 8-9 months? I'm past the honeymoon period and now into the 'why am I not getting any better period?!'. Been playing lots of cricket here but starting to enjoy 301 a lot more now.

Currently playing with some Red Dragon Amberjacks 24g  - https://www.reddragondarts.com/amberjack-5-24-gram.html

Holding back from purchasing some new ones for now, cause I'm sure I'll just be disappointed when I don't suddenly start throwing like MVG.

My main problems atm are the follow through and my grip. I'm a back gripper and the more I read the more I'm starting to feel like someone with a quirky grip. So I'm at the crossroads of new grip or new darts which aid my current grip?

Hmmm.

Favourite player Barney. First got into darts because of my gran!

Best throw 160 - there I said it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. (it wasn't a checkout)
I used to play darts with my Gran, and now I'm here. 
Hello "Blurds", welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz, glad you took the plunge and joined us Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome!
Welcome mate, started as a lurker like the most of us did...and soon you'll end up a right proper darts nut too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Blurds. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. Is darts very popular in a Paris?
Hi, welcome to the forum Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Welcome to the forum ---glad you took the plunge and joined the Nutz brigade.  We're all pretty much Nutz here so enjoy!
(01-09-2017, 11:25 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Hi Blurds. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. Is darts very popular in a Paris?

Thanks. Not massively from what I've seen. Can be tough finding a decent setup around. There's an association I hope to get involved with soon though.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy it here.

(01-09-2017, 10:51 PM)Blurds Wrote: So I'm at the crossroads of new grip or new darts which aid my current grip?

And so a new Nutz is born. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Thanks for the welcome all. My account is activated but I'm still not able to view my profile etc do I have to wait it out? Is there an initiation I need to pass?!
(01-10-2017, 01:37 AM)Blurds Wrote: Thanks for the welcome all. My account is activated but I'm still not able to view my profile etc do I have to wait it out? Is there an initiation I need to pass?!

Well, I know you need 5 posts to view pics, and then, you must log out, then log in to view the pics.  Soooo, make sure you have 5 posts and try the log in/out thingy.
Welcome aboard, Blurds! Enjoy the forum! Lots of friendly folks here!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome,,,,Enjoy,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from Paris! TFSmith 13 495 10-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Last Post: madhouse
  Bonjour! Bathduck 16 676 01-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard