Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Help choosing stems?
Does anyone have any ideas on what the best stems are to get? I recently ordered the unicorn gripper 4's (if thats what they're called, they're the newest unicorn stems anyhow), and the tangs snapped off almost every time it was hit by another dart, or even if i dropped the darts on my CARPET. So now im down to the last few stems i'm in need of a re-stock. Any ideas? I'd preferably like to get ones that don't snap within ten minutes of using the damned things. ThanksGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've used pretty much every stem going and now I just stick to the cheap designa durable nylon from dc, one of the cheapest on the market and great quality too. Although I hear them archers vice grips are good too!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I usually just use the cheapest nylon ones I can find.

Polycarbonate transparent ones can be a bit more brittle so I wouldn't recommend those.

I would recommend using springs however as those prolong the life of a stem quite a bit.
Just buy cheap nylon there is no " the best" everyone has different results with stems
Well I prefer Target Pro Grip. Great qualitiy and I personally never had a stem with a bad thread. But the cheap Designa Nylons are great value for the price, just sometimes won't screw perfectly in your barrel, so buy a few more and you will be finde.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Cheap Ass Deflecta with spring rings. Buy some in different length so you can try what suits best
may all the doubles be with you

Give the Archers a go from Pure darts, https://www.puredarts.co.uk/vice-grip-dart-stems/
as everyone mention the cheap nylons is my choice too. deflectagrip, desiga durable archers vice grip all are great
(01-09-2017, 09:05 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Well I prefer Target Pro Grip. Great qualitiy and I personally never had a stem with a bad thread. But the cheap Designa Nylons are great value for the price, just sometimes won't screw perfectly in your barrel, so buy a few more and you will be finde.

I second that. I have the same experience with Designa nylons. They're still my second choice after the pro grips.

Buy some Pro Grips, titanium slot lock rings and punch machine and you're happy...
Harrows Supergrip for me.

Personally I'm not sold on the fusions for durability though.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Durable nylon stems are fantastic. I'd use them at twice the price. But if you prefer aluminium then the Harrows Keramic are great.
dont discount others like the standard titaniun stems. They may not suit everyone and cost a bit but mine ( medium length ) cop an absolute hammering and last a good year +. If you robin hood them just get out the long nose pliers and crimp back in and the dont often bend out of shape like the aluminium stems do. Also found the bit extra weight at the back helpful keep the arse end down a little bit as mine sit up a bit when they are in the board.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
Target Pro Grip  are the best I have used.
I'm going to have to agree with Tez.  SuperGrip when it comes to poly shafts.  ProGrip are about the same to me but I hate the rings on them.  I also like the Power Titanium Gen2 shafts but as others have said, they can be a bit pricey.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Nylon deflectagrip works great and for the price it's a steal

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
Board: Winmau Blade 5
Darts : One80 Bavaria SG 21g
Stems: Short Deflectagrip
Flights: Ribtex Standard