Harrows Darts.

Keep it simple double out solitaire
I just made up the most simple out practice game. I call it, U-Pick-em outs. This is not a practice routine that is good for teaching the more complex out routes, rather it sticks to the outs us rookies see the most. This is a solitaire routine good for warm up.

The goal is to get as many outs as you can, with ten turns. You can pick any number you want each turn, but I stick with either 40 or 32. 

In a turn, you have 9 darts to get out. A bust ends that chance (turn) at an out and you lose the rest of your darts. 

After ten turns at an out, you end up with your final score. My first attempt got me 7 out of 10 outs.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Nine darts definitely makes getting an out easier, so this game is good for my esteem. 10 out of 10 does seem like a tough row to hoe though. I hope somebody else has fun with this.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

This is a good one. Both 32 and 40 scores are included in the Phil Taylor's Challenge I have posted recently. Except for I have set it for 20 rounds it is the same routine. Although it is not...you can hit three outs within one turn actually.

I also practice something similar. I am trying to checkout scores from 41 up within only three darts (one turn) and I do it as many times I need to finish each score in three darts. I have a chart in excel for it so it is easy for me to follow my records. I have that chart divided into sections like 41-50, 51-60....91-100 etc. so I can focus more on areas that I find the most important..or sensible. Makes no sense trying scores which you aren't able to finish within let's say 6 turns...practice should be fun .-)

The PTC can be found via that link as well.
(01-09-2017, 07:02 PM)elevendarter Wrote: This is a good one. Both 32 and 40 scores are included in the Phil Taylor's Challenge I have posted recently. Except for I have set it for 20 rounds it is the same routine. Although it is not...you can hit three outs within one turn actually.

I also practice something similar. I am trying to checkout scores from 41 up within only three darts (one turn) and I do it as many times I need to finish each score in three darts.  I have a chart in excel for it so it is easy for me to follow my records. I have that chart divided into sections like 41-50, 51-60....91-100 etc. so I can focus more on areas that I find the most important..or sensible. Makes no sense trying scores which you aren't able to finish within let's say 6 turns...practice should be fun .-)

I appreciate the links and effort (charts and spreads) you put into your own practice routines. I guess it all comes down to what keeps you motivated to get good practice. Right after I posted this thread, I did Saber's Doubles and Bulls routine. I really like that one. I did 8 doubles interspersed with 3 bulls, 5 marks each to close. I don't do those every day because it really does require a little time commitment. But, I got it done pretty quick. But that was about as much as I could handle. Back to the recliner to continue healing my left shoulder.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(01-09-2017, 09:01 PM)Dartbuggy Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 07:02 PM)elevendarter Wrote: This is a good one. Both 32 and 40 scores are included in the Phil Taylor's Challenge I have posted recently. Except for I have set it for 20 rounds it is the same routine. Although it is not...you can hit three outs within one turn actually.

I also practice something similar. I am trying to checkout scores from 41 up within only three darts (one turn) and I do it as many times I need to finish each score in three darts.  I have a chart in excel for it so it is easy for me to follow my records. I have that chart divided into sections like 41-50, 51-60....91-100 etc. so I can focus more on areas that I find the most important..or sensible. Makes no sense trying scores which you aren't able to finish within let's say 6 turns...practice should be fun .-)

I appreciate the links and effort (charts and spreads) you put into your own practice routines. I guess it all comes down to what keeps you motivated to get good practice. Right after I posted this thread, I did Saber's Doubles and Bulls routine. I really like that one. I did 8 doubles interspersed with 3 bulls, 5 marks each to close. I don't do those every day because it really does require a little time commitment. But, I got it done pretty quick. But that was about as much as I could handle. Back to the recliner to continue healing my left shoulder.

I do a little version of sabers double and bull routine most days but abit of a dumb down version.

3 marks of each.....
Tx
10x
5x
Bull
16x
8x
4x
Bull
18x
9x
Bull
12x
6x
bull
2x
1x
bull
T20.

The idea of the T20 is so that if I hit the T20 then I'm at the start again which is Tx, and that's a handy T20/Tx combo to get used too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple practice routine - any new ideas? Spoonie 12 884 02-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
Bug 170: A Simple Quick Complete routine. Ant007 2 711 07-23-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Ant007
  Double Double / Double Treble Advanced (Looong) Marshall 8 2,708 05-16-2015, 06:11 AM
Last Post: BigE